The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
ROTK with live orchestra at Wolf Trap next year

acheron
Gondor

Oct 26 2009, 1:23pm

Post #1 of 7 (932 views)
Shortcut
ROTK with live orchestra at Wolf Trap next year Can't Post

This may or may not be publicly announced yet, but I'm a member of Wolf Trap in northern Virginia and just found out that they will be doing Return of the King with a live orchestra and choir next year on September 10 and 11. Those of you who saw FOTR last year or TTT this year know it's pretty fantastic. Now you have a year to plan to see ROTK, so no excuses for missing it. Wink

For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much -- the wheel, New York, wars, and so on -- while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man, for precisely the same reasons. -- Douglas Adams

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 26 2009, 1:57pm

Post #2 of 7 (785 views)
Shortcut
Doug has the dates on his blog [In reply to] Can't Post

so it must have been announced in some fashion.

LOTR soundtrack website
Torn Image Posting Guide
magpie avatar gallery

Deni
Rivendell

Oct 26 2009, 5:44pm

Post #3 of 7 (758 views)
Shortcut
Do you mean this one? [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.howardshore.com/

if so, I have a question...will Howard Shore be there too? Because I´m going to see it in munich and I´m really curious about that..
ThanksWink

" Those were the MOVIES that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why."

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 26 2009, 6:04pm

Post #4 of 7 (765 views)
Shortcut
a link to the Wolf Trap page on this concert [In reply to] Can't Post

LOTR - ROTK Live

It doesn't list conductor. You could ask at Doug's blog. I couldn't find an entry on the concert so a question regarding it would go in the Ongoing Discussion thread. That gets shut down at the end of the month and a new one started for November. There are a lot of people who follow that blog that have been to the two previous concerts at Wolf Trap.

LOTR soundtrack website
Torn Image Posting Guide
magpie avatar gallery

Deni
Rivendell

Oct 26 2009, 6:38pm

Post #5 of 7 (753 views)
Shortcut
Thanks a lot! [In reply to] Can't Post

-the link is very helpfulSmile
Greetz

" Those were the MOVIES that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why."

acheron
Gondor

Oct 26 2009, 9:04pm

Post #6 of 7 (759 views)
Shortcut
aha! [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the link. Cool

For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much -- the wheel, New York, wars, and so on -- while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man, for precisely the same reasons. -- Douglas Adams

jewels1
The Shire

Nov 1 2009, 12:47am

Post #7 of 7 (919 views)
Shortcut
Wolf Trap I'm planning on going [In reply to] Can't Post

I have seen the Fellowship performed at the Mann Center In Philli. It was awesome. I just saw the Two Towers in August at Wolf Trap it was wonderful. The weather actually imitated the movie since thunder storms were looming as Helms Deep was being seized. I am planning on going to Wolf Trap in Sept. I am a member too. I hope more people will come. The venue is wonderful.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.