Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Magpie's big adventure

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 12 2009, 6:59pm

Views: 988
Shortcut
Magpie's big adventure [In reply to] Can't Post

What a weekend. I mean, whew... it was wonderful to the point of overwhelming in so many ways.

The City:
I didn't know what to expect but I was surprised at how much I loved it (what little I saw) and how much it exceeded any high expectations I had. Ray and I had time to walk around Times Square on Thursday night and I just loved the open nature of it. It wasn't too busy on Thur. night so it was the right mix of enough people to feel comfortable and with others... but not so many that it was crowded. I just had to sit down on the lovely chairs they give you to linger and just take it all in. On Friday, as I walked back from the Mingle with Radhuin, he shared similar feelings about the city. 7th Avenue was MUCH busier that night. Crowded to the point of having to be assertive to make your way to where you were going.

On Friday, Ray and I went to Central Park. Now, a park is a park, right? And Minneapolis has parks up the whazoo. That is, we have dedicated green space everywhere. So, even in the center of a large urban environment, I can follow most of my daily routine and errand running by driving through green space past creeks and rivers and lots of trees.

But Central Park is more than green space. I really wanted to find a fountain I had seen in a photograph I found while looking for images to match with haiku. The resulting wallpaper I created in that instance is here. I was pretty sure it was in Central Park (I know my label in the wallpaper says that but I didn't go look at that before leaving for NYC). I did find it but I found more than a fountain. Bethesda Terrace is wonderful. And the trees on The Mall in Central Park were so full of character. They don't do stuff like this anymore do they? Build things for beauty rather than out of thrift or for a sense of beauty or esoteric edginess? I saw signs everywhere showing the before and after of the CP renovation and the effort was worth it.

Whether it was Time Square or Central Park or street vendors or shop owners... I just loved it all. I never once felt uncomfortable, ill at ease, or in danger in any way. Those of you from NYC, if you could pass it along to whomever wants to know: Good Job!

The Concert:

Well, this was the whole point of the weekend (pretty much) for me. I don't mean to slight it but I wrote a review on Doug's blog and I've got other things to cover here so I'll just link you to that review: Magpie's thoughts on the concert

I will say that I looked up at the screens to the left and right of the stage (before the concert) that had been showing ads for video games moments before. I saw the name Suvi and it kind of tickled my brain... making it think... think... think... All of a sudden I realized the picture with the name was Ainu Laire's winning drawing for that contest and yelled out "Yay Suvi". (I have no shame sometimes) Then I kept watching and sure enough... I was able to yell out "Yay Earl", too. I hadn't realized that Earl also placed in photography contest as well. I didn't have my camera as I was worried they wouldn't be allowed (I checked the website and it was ambiguous. Sil had emailed me that they'd be okay after he checked it out but I was already out of the house and away from my computer). But Rosie-with-the-Ribbons did take some pictures. She's in NY till Wed although it looks like she is posting some here. I hope she'll post the ones she took.

Mooting:

Well, this was a mixed bag. First, I am - as am wont to say - an introvert. Some people think that means shy but it doesn't. It just means social interaction - no matter how desired or pleasant - is depleting rather than energizing. So, unless I'm in a group of 5 or fewer, my brain starts to whirl and I'm having a good time but I forget social niceties and lose track of thoughts and tend to get rooted in place and not mingle like I should. So, I'll add a lot of thoughts to this section. Some will just be reporting on what happened and some will be commenting so as to inform how future experiences might look.

Friday Night Mingle:
I am not a big group person. I don't hear well. So I wasn't sure what to expect. It was great. I have to say that I hadn't eaten since much earlier in the day (my stomach and eating patterns get all screwed up when I travel). I arrived at the event hungry and my husband grabbed me an ale. But then I got caught up in so many conversations I could never make my way deep enough into the room to get to the food table. So I sipped my beer for an hour getting progressively more hungry (and hypoglycemic) and - between the beer and slight hypoxia from shouting over the bar noise - considerably more light headed. I finally had to get serious about breaking away from conversations to get some food in me.

I couldn't read anyone's badge (didn't have my reading glasses on) so I would just walk up to people and ask, 'Do I know you? I can't read your tag.' lol. I found a lot of people I knew that way: Squire, Milady (lovely young lady!), Silneldor, Ms Silneldor and Master Silneldor, gramma, Deej, Entmaiden, CAHobbit, Sunflower, Greendragon (looking very Mod, I might say. I was delighted when Hobbit Love knew what I meant and said, 'hey baby... Mersey is back), L. Ron, Glaurung, _V_, Ainu Laire ... who else? I had already met Smeagirl/Girllum, her mister and Thorongil and his traveling companion. And of course, Altaira and Big Guy. I met some people I didn't know: Corey Olsen who a site called The Tolkien Professor. I was excited to talk teaching and Tolkien with him. I'm going to try to check his site out some and I hope he checks our boards out. I think he would like it here and I think you all would like him. I also met a woman and her daughter (?) who I think found the Mingle by reading about it on the front page. We talked briefly at the Mingle and they found me after the concert. I think they might be posting here now so if you're that person let me know. I'm so bad at retaining names. Especially when the brain is all whirly with excitement or hunger.

I had buttons I handed out. I was hoping to find more people and give them out personally. In the end, I sent bags with Ordinary Hobbit, Silneldor and Loresilme asking them to throw them into the panel crowd if they had to to make sure they got distributed. The looked like this:

Although... that's a jpg from my design files. The end result came out a bit darker and, although I was mildly disappointed it's all part of the try and learn method of designing for print so I got over the disappointment.

I missed some people completely. Dernwyn. I never found you! I am seriously regretful we didn't meet. I didn't, IMO, get half enough time with people I way more than half admire. Some of this was because I hadn't really found out where people were or what they were doing (see more on this below). But Ray and I did some walking together (as I said earlier) and we needed that time with just the two of. I know this weekend was one big gift to me and I don't think I've ever felt any gift to be as generous as this one. Not only was it massively more expensive than anything we've ever done, that man spent many hours alone in a sea of people he didn't know. He's not a chatty, social guy and he just hung in there and found a spot to stand or sit while I tried to talk to 4 or 5 people at once. But I was also spreading my time between TORnsibs and the followers of Doug's blog. I didn't do any of the Saturday sightseeing with TORnsibs because I was planning on going to a function for Doug later and I didn't want to get too far from the hotel. So, I just, in the end, didn't have enough time to find enough moments to talk with people.

I thought TORnsibs might just stumble across each other. I don't know how this would have happened... especially if I didn't know what people looked like. But I'm either way over planning and angsting or I'm relaxed and ready to go with the flow. For this I was mostly relaxed and ready to go with the flow. But, I didn't just stumble across TORnsibs. In fact, I barely saw them unless I made plans to see them. Even at RCMH, I only saw a few people and - although I was cued in on what was happening after the concert - without those few cues I wouldn't have known. I mean, there wasn't this large group of people with TORn written on their forehead that I thought - HEY, there they are!.

This is all just to say that, if you want to meet people... it's probably best to sign up for organized events and activities or to contact someone you'd like to meet and make it happen. I was thinking about how diverse we are as a group, anyway. Some of us are active on the boards right now. Some were active but aren't much anymore even though they keep in touch with others from their 'era'. Some are more connected with the site management and haven't been active in years (if they ever were in a public forum/chat way). And Some are Barli people. It's great to mingle with us all together but if we have limited time, most of us would probably pick a handful of people to hook up and chat with. So, in the future I'll be more proactive about making stuff happen and not worrying about making or waiting for things to happen on larger scales.

As it happens, gkgyver and Loresilme did contact me and arranged for meet ups.

Rosie with the Ribbons came with gk for breakfast on Saturday morning (as they were traveling together to some extent) and my husband slept in. That was great fun. GK and I were talking soundtrack stuff way before either of us were that active on TORn. So I consider him one of my oldest soundtrack 'buddies' (that I'm still in contact with). It was great to meet him. (Very charming, I will say) and I loved Rosie. She's just a fun person and was glad to get some more time with her after the Sat night concert.

And Loresilme arranged to have breakfast with me on Sunday. It was the perfect ending to my weekend as I had to leave (running madly towards the end) after she left to attend the panels. The big meet up events were great but I am, in my heart, a small group girl who loves a quiet space to get into some good heartfelt discussion.

Other:

I'm not sure how much to talk about this for lots of reasons. I vaguely dreamed I would have some 'moment' with Howard Shore. And I certainly wanted (and expected I could have) a moment with Doug Adams. Whether I got my moment or not, I knew I wanted to give them small gifties. I offered to let people contribute a comment to a book I designed for Howard Shore. And I made something for Doug on my own. I did have an opportunity to meet with them briefly and give them each their gifts. It was a kind of mad, frantic setting so I didn't get more than what I'm sure was a heartfelt thanks and a warm hand clasp from Howard. It was enough, along with a few other simple things I've 'gotten' in the last few weeks. And I got to meet Doug in the flesh which we were both hoping would happen. Mostly, I feel a bit shy or reserved about the experiences for a variety of reasons and won't say much more than that.

When I got to the autograph table on Saturday night, Doug recognized me (from our brief meeting) and autographed using my real name. I didn't want to bother Howard with a name request nor did I expect him to remember me. He signed his name only. Then, after a moment's pause, he went back and signed 'Best Wishes and Thanks." So maybe he did remember me. I will quietly think of it that way.

Photos, etc:
I have uploaded a variety of stuff into Picasa albums. At the moment, all these albums are set to non public which means that they can be accessed when one has the url, but they don't show up on my Public Album page. A more secure setting requires a password which I can't provide to everyone. So, if you see a picture of you that you don't want made public in any manner, let me know specifically which one and I'll remove it. Also, it used to drive me nuts to see pics of moots where people weren't identified. But I don't know how much people want to be identified (and I would definitely use TORn names, not private ones). If you feel comfortable having your name on an image you can PM with that consent or add it yourself in the comment section.

Earl in NYC. This idea started as a joke. When we are started talking about attending this concert, Earl wrote:
I am SO jealous of you guys... missing this feels like a stab in the belly by Grishnakh :|

Oh well, I just hope you all have a good time... and think of me while you do :o) Is it too much to ask someone to stand up during the concert and shout "I wish Earl was here"? ;)
That led to this exchange:
Magpie: lol... no that's not too much to ask. Is your preference for some happy music like during the Long Expected Party? Or maybe during an emotive moment like when Frodo stands at the river. I know... what about when he says to Sam, "I'm glad you're here". We could shout, "We wish Earl was here!" Notice I said 'we'. You don't think I'm going to do this myself, do you. ;^)

I told Sabsi I was going to have one of those paper masks on a stick made of my face so they could hold up it up and include me in all those European concerts the gang was attending.

oooh.. oooh... maybe we could set up a web cam for pre/post concert events?

Doug: [DAD MODE ENGAGE]

No yelling during the concert, kids!

[DAD MODE DISENGAGE]

Magpie: That only works is you sit within swatting distance.
But it gave me the idea of making a mask...or in it's final incarnation, a sign... to hold up so Earl could be there in spirit. Earl gave me a photo to use and said not to angst over it. So, go here to see where Earl showed up.
Laerasea in NYC. Many of you know L couldn't be there even though she was hoping she could make it. So I decided to do the same for her. She chose a picture of her with Menelwyn and I photoshopped them into RCMH. Here are their pictures. L's friend Laura (who was using her ticket) made it to the Mingle and graciously carried around L's picture to get autographs and comments on the back. But she didn't take photos (I'm not sure I explained that adequately). Earl has fewer comments (bad me) but more photos at the mingle.

Friday Night Mingle. My husband took all these. Having a drink in my hand for every picture (and the foolish look on my face in most of them... I take terrible pictures) makes it look like I was drunk. I had that same drink for a few hours and drank one half of the next one. The look on my face is mostly always there but heightened by extreme hunger and introvert overload! I hate pictures of me.

NYC. These are ones we snapped while out and about. It was rainy and cloudy in CP. Not great for taking photos but I thought Laerasea would like the statues of the literary figures and of Beethoven. I don't, as a rule, take lots of pictures. Radhuin took the one of the mister and me.

Howard and Doug Gifts
- I asked that people tell me if I could publish their contributions in a public manner like this. A few said yes. One said no. Most didn't address the issue. I published all but the 'no'. If you want me to remove yours, let me know.

Not proofreading... please forgive typos, spelling. grammar and composition errors.

LOTR soundtrack website
Torn Image Posting Guide
magpie avatar gallery

Subject User Time
Personal Reviews, recaps, and reports of the RCMH weekend Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 12 2009, 1:07pm
    First order of business: ATTENTION MR. CERE! silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Oct 12 2009, 1:52pm
        Bwuahahahahaha Garfeimao Send a private message to Garfeimao Oct 12 2009, 6:00pm
        Thanks my friend - you are a scholar, a gentleman and a prankster! {NT} MrCere Send a private message to MrCere Oct 13 2009, 4:01am
            You are welcome. You were missed by all.\\ silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Oct 13 2009, 2:10pm
        Ok, i am ready now. silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Oct 13 2009, 7:42pm
            There is one other thing i absolutely have to mention silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Oct 13 2009, 8:10pm
                Correction following silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Oct 14 2009, 5:10am
                    A hint ... gkgyver Send a private message to gkgyver Oct 14 2009, 12:36pm
                        I don't know which was more fascinating Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Oct 15 2009, 1:51pm
                            Watching the best of the best silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Oct 15 2009, 4:26pm
                                Meeting the best of the best ;-) Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Oct 15 2009, 9:23pm
                                    I feel honored... silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Oct 15 2009, 11:06pm
                                        *blushes* Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Oct 16 2009, 1:51am
                                            That does it... dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Oct 16 2009, 2:29am
                                                We do seem to be morphing Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Oct 16 2009, 2:32am
                                                    Yes, it seems. silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Oct 16 2009, 4:47am
                                                I concur:).\\ silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Oct 16 2009, 4:43am
                        2010? Let me get this straight. silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Oct 15 2009, 4:19pm
                            deconstructing gk's comments Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 15 2009, 5:36pm
                                That is a goodly explaination!:) silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Oct 15 2009, 10:53pm
                                    snow Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 16 2009, 4:41am
                                    Well... Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Oct 21 2009, 5:57pm
                    Oh my... Do you think grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 8 2009, 2:45pm
            Thank you! Peredhil lover Send a private message to Peredhil lover Oct 14 2009, 5:06am
            Friday night roll call... and quiz answers! greendragon Send a private message to greendragon Oct 14 2009, 5:23pm
                not a TORnsib but... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 14 2009, 11:30pm
                    Great - thanks for the list addition! greendragon Send a private message to greendragon Oct 15 2009, 2:16am
                        He's a shy guy. // Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 15 2009, 3:04am
                Well, one thing is for sure Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Oct 15 2009, 1:30am
                hey, I'll take that SpudSympathy vote....quest...thing... Glaurung63 Send a private message to Glaurung63 Oct 15 2009, 3:34am
                    We know you knew them ALL really... greendragon Send a private message to greendragon Oct 15 2009, 2:40pm
                Dear greendragon silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Oct 16 2009, 1:41am
                Excellent!!!! *massive smile* Lookit that!! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 8 2009, 2:47pm
            to cope with the Straight Stair and the Winding Stair ElanorTX Send a private message to ElanorTX Oct 15 2009, 10:52pm
                No my dear lady silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Oct 16 2009, 5:25am
                    My thoughts coming Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Oct 16 2009, 9:20am
            I don't know what to say! Lossefalme Send a private message to Lossefalme Oct 17 2009, 1:30am
                I am glad that i could silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Oct 17 2009, 4:33am
            *wild applause* Excellent, sil :D grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 8 2009, 2:39pm
    Magpie's big adventure Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 12 2009, 6:59pm
        Thank you! Peredhil lover Send a private message to Peredhil lover Oct 12 2009, 7:24pm
        A thank you from me too! Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Oct 12 2009, 7:55pm
            it is a testament of my great affection for you all ... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 12 2009, 8:07pm
                The strain doesn't show. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Oct 12 2009, 9:26pm
        Wonderful report Rosie-with-the-ribbons Send a private message to Rosie-with-the-ribbons Oct 12 2009, 8:28pm
            I couldn't find it on maps in the park .... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 12 2009, 8:54pm
                Thanks, going to look for it tomorrow // Rosie-with-the-ribbons Send a private message to Rosie-with-the-ribbons Oct 12 2009, 9:13pm
        A few more pics Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 12 2009, 9:25pm
            Yes - that's their button! dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Oct 12 2009, 10:12pm
                *blushes* I knew there was something musically wrong in the bass clef ElanorTX Send a private message to ElanorTX Oct 12 2009, 10:23pm
                    That woman is too clever for her own good Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 12 2009, 10:33pm
            The small button entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Oct 12 2009, 10:16pm
                Thanks, Entmaiden // Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 12 2009, 10:35pm
            You got Pinned by Salo!! AWESOME!! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 8 2009, 4:19pm
        {{Magpie}} Wonderful! dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Oct 12 2009, 10:02pm
            perhaps at Marquette? // ElanorTX Send a private message to ElanorTX Oct 12 2009, 10:09pm
                What a splendid idea! // dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Oct 12 2009, 10:13pm
                    Could I join this wish-list? ;) grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 8 2009, 4:04pm
            near misses Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 12 2009, 10:28pm
        great recap, magpie! batik Send a private message to batik Oct 13 2009, 12:52am
        The notebook is beautiful! Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Oct 15 2009, 1:25pm
        What an outstand post!! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 8 2009, 3:59pm
    Quick review (photos coming later) Ainu Laire Send a private message to Ainu Laire Oct 12 2009, 8:32pm
        Thanks for bringing your portfolio to the moot ElanorTX Send a private message to ElanorTX Oct 16 2009, 6:49pm
            Thank you very much Ainu Laire Send a private message to Ainu Laire Oct 17 2009, 9:39am
        It was so great to see you again! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 8 2009, 4:07pm
    I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. deej Send a private message to deej Oct 12 2009, 11:10pm
        Haha Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Oct 13 2009, 9:19am
        & how could I forget Colleen Doran's beautiful slideshow on Sunday! // deej Send a private message to deej Oct 13 2009, 3:14pm
        Well said, deej. :) grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 8 2009, 4:23pm
    Videos Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 13 2009, 1:33pm
        the YouTube concert video *is* the same one ElanorTX Send a private message to ElanorTX Oct 13 2009, 8:48pm
        These are great! Thanks lots! // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 8 2009, 4:25pm
    To whom it may concern.... weaver Send a private message to weaver Oct 13 2009, 2:28pm
        Thank YOU!!! :D You crack me right up! *snigger* // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 8 2009, 4:26pm
    My weekend at the Big Apple entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Oct 13 2009, 5:38pm
        Great report entmaiden! Don't forget... greendragon Send a private message to greendragon Oct 13 2009, 5:55pm
            I just remembered that I didn't include Colleen's entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Oct 13 2009, 6:00pm
            hey Greendragon... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 14 2009, 2:57am
                No special permission was needed... greendragon Send a private message to greendragon Oct 14 2009, 4:47pm
        ... and back again! gkgyver Send a private message to gkgyver Oct 13 2009, 8:09pm
            audiences here have been known to applaud the scenery // ElanorTX Send a private message to ElanorTX Oct 13 2009, 8:36pm
            Heheh Ainu Laire Send a private message to Ainu Laire Oct 13 2009, 10:47pm
            Wonderful report! entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Oct 14 2009, 12:14am
            No pre-concert on Friday entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Oct 14 2009, 1:04am
            Great report! Peredhil lover Send a private message to Peredhil lover Oct 14 2009, 5:31am
        Wonderful, wonderful :D grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 8 2009, 4:37pm
    how does one top Magpie's and Entmaiden's posts? weathertop Send a private message to weathertop Oct 13 2009, 9:51pm
        sound effects Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 13 2009, 11:36pm
            :) gkgyver Send a private message to gkgyver Oct 13 2009, 11:50pm
                i hope you weren't attacking me weathertop Send a private message to weathertop Oct 14 2009, 3:49am
                    straight forward personality Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 14 2009, 4:09am
                        i wasn't sure weathertop Send a private message to weathertop Oct 14 2009, 2:07pm
        Wow! You got to a lot more of the sights grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 8 2009, 4:43pm
    Give my regards to Broadway Radhruin Send a private message to Radhruin Oct 14 2009, 5:53am
        A few pics from my weekend Radhruin Send a private message to Radhruin Oct 15 2009, 1:46am
        You were nervous? grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 8 2009, 4:53pm
    A little late, but my impressions Milady Send a private message to Milady Oct 15 2009, 2:49am
        i think many agree weathertop Send a private message to weathertop Oct 15 2009, 2:51am
        Okay, Milady Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 15 2009, 3:06am
        You "bumped into Shore"??? *spasm* grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 8 2009, 4:56pm
            Yes!! Milady Send a private message to Milady Nov 8 2009, 11:55pm
    question for you all weathertop Send a private message to weathertop Oct 15 2009, 2:53am
        I think I would usually pick Saturday night as my preferred concert night. Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 15 2009, 3:07am
        Great idea. entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Oct 15 2009, 3:55am
        Agreed! Saturday show and Friday Moot gets my vote :D // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 8 2009, 4:57pm
    Our report - finally. hobbitlove Send a private message to hobbitlove Oct 16 2009, 1:15am
        Wonderful, hob! entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Oct 16 2009, 2:11am
        It was a whirlwind, wasn't it..... Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Oct 16 2009, 2:14am
        It was SO great to see you again! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 8 2009, 5:02pm
    Another report Rosie-with-the-ribbons Send a private message to Rosie-with-the-ribbons Oct 16 2009, 12:39pm
        Great report! entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Oct 16 2009, 1:44pm
        Loved the report... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 16 2009, 2:16pm
            I've added Rosie-with-the-ribbons Send a private message to Rosie-with-the-ribbons Oct 16 2009, 3:07pm
                Those red squirrels have little tufts in their ear? Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 16 2009, 3:28pm
                    Yes, they have Rosie-with-the-ribbons Send a private message to Rosie-with-the-ribbons Oct 16 2009, 3:40pm
        You were smart grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 8 2009, 5:05pm
    Tor.com review of the panels Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 16 2009, 4:25pm
        I agree with you about that part of the score... weaver Send a private message to weaver Oct 16 2009, 5:01pm
            I agree with you Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 16 2009, 5:07pm
                Let's hear it for "F"! weaver Send a private message to weaver Oct 16 2009, 5:16pm
            Then, at the other end of the scale, entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Oct 16 2009, 5:20pm
                Your comments about Doug's analysis of Howard's work... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 16 2009, 5:49pm
                    I decided not to ask entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Oct 16 2009, 9:35pm
                        A Question of Instinct Doug Adams Send a private message to Doug Adams Oct 17 2009, 2:10pm
                            Yes, what you said entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Oct 17 2009, 2:33pm
                            Thanks, Doug Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Oct 17 2009, 3:02pm
                            lol Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 17 2009, 3:19pm
                            and it felt soooo right... Glaurung63 Send a private message to Glaurung63 Oct 20 2009, 12:48am
                            thank you for this post... weaver Send a private message to weaver Oct 22 2009, 1:43am
        I was surprised grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 8 2009, 5:10pm
    Doug's recap from his blog Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 16 2009, 6:39pm
        Dreaming on gkgyver Send a private message to gkgyver Oct 16 2009, 11:00pm
    Some photos (finally) Ainu Laire Send a private message to Ainu Laire Oct 17 2009, 9:37am
        Facebook people only, apparently Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 17 2009, 3:21pm
            Ah, here's the public link Ainu Laire Send a private message to Ainu Laire Oct 17 2009, 4:26pm
                Ahhh... there you are:D grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 8 2009, 5:26pm
    a few more photos of goodie bag items : check out the donors and people who helped Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 17 2009, 6:39pm
        also thank you (who?) for the authentic WETA keyrings // ElanorTX Send a private message to ElanorTX Oct 18 2009, 2:20am
            ah, I forgot those Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 18 2009, 2:39am
            I have mine hanging on my purse :) grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 8 2009, 5:30pm
        Tater, precious! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 8 2009, 5:29pm
    Tamara's wrap-up Tamara Send a private message to Tamara Oct 18 2009, 8:27pm
        YouTube videos Tamara Send a private message to Tamara Oct 21 2009, 6:32pm
            A bit late... Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Oct 21 2009, 8:38pm
        Beecake sound like a great hit! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 8 2009, 5:33pm
    Thank you, all!! Laerasėa Send a private message to Laerasėa Oct 19 2009, 6:58pm
        A few pics Laerasėa Send a private message to Laerasėa Oct 19 2009, 7:56pm
        You really were there in spirit! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 8 2009, 5:36pm
    Doug puts out a call for photos Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 20 2009, 1:25am
    Review from suvudu.com - mentions TORn Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 20 2009, 1:44am
        what a great read... weaver Send a private message to weaver Oct 22 2009, 1:36am
        Colbert!! I didn't see him! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 8 2009, 5:38pm
    Believe it or not grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 5 2009, 1:54am
    Finally... here's my report... filled with booboos grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 6 2009, 8:25pm
        That was fun to read Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Nov 6 2009, 10:07pm
            I laughed when I saw that shot grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 8 2009, 5:41pm
                responding to others Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Nov 8 2009, 6:58pm
        No, no, filled with great pics! dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Nov 7 2009, 2:09am
        Awesome report, gramma! Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Nov 7 2009, 6:48pm
        What a wonderful report Rosie-with-the-ribbons Send a private message to Rosie-with-the-ribbons Nov 7 2009, 7:43pm
        Great report, gramma! entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Nov 7 2009, 11:32pm
        bingo, migraines and all that fun in between! weaver Send a private message to weaver Nov 7 2009, 11:39pm
        Your mother has bingo. silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Nov 10 2009, 2:29am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.