Personal Reviews, recaps, and reports of the RCMH weekend
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 8 2009, 4:56pm

Post #151 of 165 (1118 views)
Shortcut
You "bumped into Shore"??? *spasm* [In reply to] Can't Post

Talk about a fateful walk! HOW COOL IS THAT!!???

I was delighted to meet you, Milady :) That was such an awesome gathering. Sibbies are the best!

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."
~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 8 2009, 4:57pm

Post #152 of 165 (1080 views)
Shortcut
Agreed! Saturday show and Friday Moot gets my vote :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 8 2009, 5:02pm

Post #153 of 165 (1080 views)
Shortcut
It was SO great to see you again! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wasn't that the best moot!!?? Of course, I think that about each and every one of them. I love your 1-2-3 approach to the meetings. I'm going to have to go back and count how many I've been to. Wow... I've done more travelling and had more adventures because of TORn than I've had my whole, long life!!! *bows to the wonderfulness of TORn*

*warm hug* Let's hope for next year :D

sample

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 8 2009, 5:05pm

Post #154 of 165 (1119 views)
Shortcut
You were smart [In reply to] Can't Post

to stay those extra days. I'd love to just wander around that town and soak in more of that energy! Maybe next year ;)

I was so thrilled to finally meet you!!!! RIBBONS AND ALL!! :D *warm hug*

LOVE THE PICS!!!!!!!!

sample

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 8 2009, 5:10pm

Post #155 of 165 (1079 views)
Shortcut
I was surprised [In reply to] Can't Post

that I started tearing when reading the live journal description of Shore's magic. It's really so true.

"...there's something in Howard Shore's spirit which, provided with the fodder of Tolkien's Middle-earth, shone through all the brighter..."

We're so lucky that Shore did this music. It's a very simplistic comment for the massive gratitude I'm feeling... but I'm still a bit staggered from this post, the journal and Doug Adam's comments. I'm just in awe whenever I read or hear about this. Overwhelmed and happy.

And I agree with you about the music surrounding the Barad-dur episode. Especially as the tower falls... I get goosebumps. And as it fades into the quiet music as Frodo and Sam flee from the lava... omg... it's too much.

sample

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Nov 8 2009, 5:11pm)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 8 2009, 5:26pm

Post #156 of 165 (1103 views)
Shortcut
Ahhh... there you are:D [In reply to] Can't Post

those shots of Ground Zero were very moving. And you with the Statue of Liberty had me cracking up!!!

sample

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 8 2009, 5:29pm

Post #157 of 165 (1085 views)
Shortcut
Tater, precious! [In reply to] Can't Post

I wore my pin to work and got many compliments ;)

GREAT SHOTS, M'DEAR!!!!

sample

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 8 2009, 5:30pm

Post #158 of 165 (1074 views)
Shortcut
I have mine hanging on my purse :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I clank and tink like Sam's pans!

sample

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 8 2009, 5:33pm

Post #159 of 165 (1093 views)
Shortcut
Beecake sound like a great hit! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so glad y'all got to experience Billy's band. AND I'm tickled to meet you at the moot! Wasn't it a fabulous weekend!!!!?????

*warm hug*

sample

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 8 2009, 5:36pm

Post #160 of 165 (1080 views)
Shortcut
You really were there in spirit! [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe next year we'll all have a chance to meet!

I'm so glad you got that care package. TORnsibbies really are the best!! Those pics are really great, too. NICE AND BIG!!!! :D

sample

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 8 2009, 5:38pm

Post #161 of 165 (1095 views)
Shortcut
Colbert!! I didn't see him! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll bet he's one of those celebs who know how to blend in.

That was a great report. It sounds like we picked the best of the 2 nights for geeks :D

Cheers!

sample

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 8 2009, 5:41pm

Post #162 of 165 (1088 views)
Shortcut
I laughed when I saw that shot [In reply to] Can't Post

cuz I remember that just as I hit the button (there's always a delay) someone shouted out at you and you responded by reflex... as you should!!!

I laugh even now because that's the story of your life. You're always in the middle of something, but you drop everything for others :D *warm hug* I enjoy you so much!

And David Salo's PIN! OMG!!! That still just freaks me right out! LOVE IT!!!

sample

Magpie
Immortal

Nov 8 2009, 6:58pm

Post #163 of 165 (1121 views)
Shortcut
responding to others [In reply to] Can't Post

It is an intrinsic part of my nature that makes me good for some things but works against me in other ways. When the kids were small, they'd be talking and asking stuff and I always heard them... even when they were being annoying. And I always *had* to respond to them. I just couldn't ignore anyone. My husband never heard them. He's happily in his own world most of the time. It drove me nuts that even letting their chatter go on for awhile never brought him to awareness. In the end, I had to deal with them.

I have worked around kids a lot and most of that exposure had to do with high needs high risk kids (psychiatric hospitals, inner city schools). It was dangerous not to notice things early. And I got to recognize the beginning stages of my younger sons meltdowns so I could remove him from situations way before the meltdown would occur. The changes were almost imperceptible but ignoring them was foolish indeed. I have stories.... :-) I almost have to train myself to relax and let things be sometimes.

But I marvel when I deal with people who are at everyone's beck and call but can focus while ignoring distractions. You know, those general manager type people who must answer every question or okay every decision. People are often standing in line to talk to them. When they talk to me, they do not allow themselves to be distracted by anything - people calling their name, phones ringing, emails beeping until my question or issue is handled adequately. I feel so honored to have their full attention when I know how valuable their attention is. I want to be more like that and less like Dug the Doug from Up.

I was pretty geeked out by David's gesture, too. Just the tengwar geeked me out but his generous act took me by surprise and touched me.

LOTR soundtrack website
Torn Image Posting Guide
magpie avatar gallery

Milady
Rivendell

Nov 8 2009, 11:55pm

Post #164 of 165 (1120 views)
Shortcut
Yes!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Only now I can never touch the DVD case again in case it scratches off!

It was awesome to meet you too, gramma!

THE ANGELS HAVE THE PHONE BOX

(don't blink)

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 10 2009, 2:29am

Post #165 of 165 (1244 views)
Shortcut
Your mother has bingo. [In reply to] Can't Post

And you followed suit with Moot reports and and a host of other happenings over the yearsLaugh. A chip off the 'ol block i'd say.

This was grand gramma. I would say you zoomed in everything you possibly could. I am very glad that you could make it:).

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.