Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
Rado City NYC Moot 2009 - Ringers Take Manhattan! --> Official Hotel Link inside the thread!
First page Previous page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 7 2009, 4:11pm

Post #526 of 565 (3364 views)
Shortcut
Ahhhhh ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, unless I hear from them... I'm going to assume they don't mind having their names remain where they are. Farawyn's has been linked to the Avari's seating scheme for quite a while now :)

Thanks lots, WhiteAslan! It's going to be GREAT to finally meet you :D

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."
~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

WhiteAslan
The Shire

Oct 7 2009, 5:53pm

Post #527 of 565 (3348 views)
Shortcut
I'm pretty sure we've met before!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I attended the Return of the One Oscar Party, the Pub Moot, and saw ROTK at the ArcLight in Hollywood with TORnsibs. That was certainly a whirlwind weekend, though. Wink

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 7 2009, 6:50pm

Post #528 of 565 (3290 views)
Shortcut
Well then we [In reply to] Can't Post

most certainly must have!!!!! *hangs head in shame* So many Oscars... so many parties ;)

That's the nice thing about a bad memory problem... everything always new again!! :D

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 7 2009, 8:27pm

Post #529 of 565 (3321 views)
Shortcut
!!FINAL - Seating Chart for Friday and Saturday nights [In reply to] Can't Post

A pdf of gramma's final seating chart is residing at the end of this click.

The pdf (made to print at a nice resolution) is just under 6 MB. I suppose I could break it into pages but then I'd have to label each one, upload them all, and link to them all. Hopefully most of you can download a large file like this.

You will, of course, chose which page to print. You probably don't need a print out of all of them.

LOTR soundtrack website
Torn Image Posting Guide
magpie avatar gallery

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 7 2009, 8:41pm

Post #530 of 565 (3364 views)
Shortcut
Hm, got a slight problem... [In reply to] Can't Post

"Sorry, the page (or document) you have requested is not available."

Are you still within your edit window, Magpie?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Oct 7 2009, 9:08pm

Post #531 of 565 (3314 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations Ainu Laire! [In reply to] Can't Post

As Loresilme said, *wild applause* SmileSlyLaughLaughSmileSly!!

Not to mention, CoolCoolCool

All the winning art can be viewed here. It's all gorgeous! I'm looking forward to seeing it in person at RCMH too. Smile

"I deemed it the worst part of all my journey, the road back, watching him day and night, making him walk before me with a halter on his neck, gagged, until he was tamed by lack of drink and food, driving him ever towards Mirkwood."

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 7 2009, 9:10pm

Post #532 of 565 (3356 views)
Shortcut
Sorry, try it now. [In reply to] Can't Post

Be sure to refresh your browser if you have a problem, as well.

I hope I've fixed it.

PM me if I haven't. :S

LOTR soundtrack website
Torn Image Posting Guide
magpie avatar gallery

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 7 2009, 9:13pm

Post #533 of 565 (3351 views)
Shortcut
Hey, Earl's name is in there too! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congratulations to both of you. There was some great stuff in there!

(thanks for the link S/G)

LOTR soundtrack website
Torn Image Posting Guide
magpie avatar gallery

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Oct 7 2009, 9:17pm

Post #534 of 565 (3303 views)
Shortcut
Congrats Earl! [In reply to] Can't Post

And thank you all for the 'grats.

My LiveJournal ~ My artwork and photography ~ My LOTR fan fiction

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Oct 7 2009, 9:19pm

Post #535 of 565 (3340 views)
Shortcut
Is that our Earl? Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

Two TORnsibs among the winners . . . how cool is that?!?!?
CoolCoolCool

"I deemed it the worst part of all my journey, the road back, watching him day and night, making him walk before me with a halter on his neck, gagged, until he was tamed by lack of drink and food, driving him ever towards Mirkwood."

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 7 2009, 10:23pm

Post #536 of 565 (3350 views)
Shortcut
Perfect! Thank you muchly! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"

Garfeimao
Rohan

Oct 8 2009, 12:01am

Post #537 of 565 (3268 views)
Shortcut
You are correct [In reply to] Can't Post

Her name is Nancy, in the real world, so that's probably where you got it from. ;-)

I'll be signing off from work shortly, and may check the boards one more time this evening at home, but then I'm off line for the rest of the weekend, the laptop is not going with me.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle earth

My page in the Traveling Journal

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 8 2009, 1:42am

Post #538 of 565 (3323 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Magpie :D And here are nasty copies [In reply to] Can't Post

of the charts for those who prefer them. I had a request for a version that didn't need to be downloaded.

THANKS AGAIN MAGPIE!! These look so much better!

RCMH Saturday Names Only
RCMH Saturday No Names
RCMH Saturday with names
RCMH Friday night

sample

Loresilme
Valinor

Oct 8 2009, 10:09am

Post #539 of 565 (3329 views)
Shortcut
How to recognize a TORnsib [In reply to] Can't Post

Boy do I wish I had a funny punch line for that one! But actually, it's a serious question! The 'sibs that are going to the Friday night mingle are going to be meetin' and greetin' each other there, and will know that everybody you see is someone from TORn.... but what about the folks who are not going to the mingle? Any suggestions on how TORnsibs are supposed to recognize each other? For instance, on Sunday I'll be at the Park Central in the morning, and then plan on going to the panels .... I'd love to meet as many TORnsibs as possible.... I just don't know how I'll know someone is 'one of us', and it would be just terrible if someone were to walk right by and we'd not know we were sibbies.

Nametags? Passwords? Hand signals? Secret handshakes??????? Any ideas?

deej
Tol Eressea

Oct 8 2009, 10:21am

Post #540 of 565 (3334 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

My photo is on my profile page, although I know there are some 'sibs here that don't post their photos on line. And hopefully you'll meet a lot of the 'sibs at the Friday party, so you'll be able to find them easier throughout the weekend.

Or we could all just walk up to folks that we think might be 'sibs and say 'Mellon' - if they smile, then we'll know! Wink

"...and back again."

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 8 2009, 12:22pm

Post #541 of 565 (3316 views)
Shortcut
but... [In reply to] Can't Post

And hopefully you'll meet a lot of the 'sibs at the Friday party, so you'll be able to find them easier throughout the weekend.

Loresilme can't make it to the Friday party. :-(

LOTR soundtrack website
Torn Image Posting Guide
magpie avatar gallery

Loresilme
Valinor

Oct 8 2009, 12:37pm

Post #542 of 565 (3269 views)
Shortcut
That's just it [In reply to] Can't Post

I won't be at the party Friday night. But it's for a good cause ... I will be spending it instead with about 3,000 other people, watching and hearing a certain spectacular event ;-). Woo-hooooooooooooo!!!

So just wondering how folks will be recognizing each other otherwise. A password would good. Mellon would be totally great, except, I'm a litle leery of walking up to a stranger and saying "Mellon?" 'cause that sounds like 'melon' and might land me a slap in the face by someone thinking I am insinuating they look like a melon. Or have a melon. Or want a melon. This *is* New York you know, you have to think of these things Smile.

Maybe a hand signal ..... but all that comes to mind at the moment is that crazy thing the Three Stooges used to do Laugh.

Loresilme
Valinor

Oct 8 2009, 12:42pm

Post #543 of 565 (3334 views)
Shortcut
At least I won't be sitting home being depressed about it now :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

Hey shouldn't you be packing WinkTongue??

Have a safe trip in and see you Sunday!

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 8 2009, 1:08pm

Post #544 of 565 (3346 views)
Shortcut
I have a whole 4 hours before I have to leave [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm doing laundry, letting my hair dry and drinking coffee. I have to run last minute errands in a minute.

I feel like this is going to easily and I wonder what I'm forgetting.

We went camping once (and we used to get out there. We'd drive up logging trails to remote US Forest sites) without silverware or jackets. I have to tell myself that NYC probably has everything I need except ... concert tickets.

Finding me will be a matter of looking for an ample sized woman with long grey hair.

I think Sil's going to be in pink, right Sil?

LOTR soundtrack website
Torn Image Posting Guide
magpie avatar gallery

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 8 2009, 1:11pm

Post #545 of 565 (3341 views)
Shortcut
I'm clueless [In reply to] Can't Post

what spectacular event are you attending? Twins vs Yankees? (That would be more than 3,000... surely. I hope I'm not on a plane with a bunch of sports fans. At least I like baseball.)

LOTR soundtrack website
Torn Image Posting Guide
magpie avatar gallery

silneldor
Half-elven

Oct 8 2009, 1:44pm

Post #546 of 565 (3327 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

A pink tutu ...with slippers is it a three-three?

I will be wearing a black hat with Tolkien on it and also my hooded green jacket with Tolkien in gold across the back. I will be with my wife and son of almost 13.

I hope i will get to see you both:).

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 8 2009, 1:46pm

Post #547 of 565 (3351 views)
Shortcut
I'm sure you'll find us [In reply to] Can't Post

at the hotel. It's unusual for large groups of people to hang out at hotels, so just look for the clusters of people meeting up in the lobby, at the bar, etc.

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.

`Are these magic cloaks? ' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.

`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Oct 8 2009, 2:43pm

Post #548 of 565 (3329 views)
Shortcut
I'm sure I'll be wearing my TORn shirt at some point. [In reply to] Can't Post

Haven't decided which event(s) I'll be wearing it to, but at some point I'll be in a bright red TORn shirt. And/or a nice cap that Silneldor gave me which says Smeagirl on it. Cool

I'm skinny with long dark hair if that helps. And an ill-favored look. Wink

Just don't look for someone wearing a pink tutu; I only wear that when I'm on the red carpet. Sly

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 8 2009, 3:13pm

Post #549 of 565 (3336 views)
Shortcut
Now there's a problem... [In reply to] Can't Post

...that description fits both of us! Laugh

Although I keep my hair shoulder-length now, too much of it is falling out...Tongue

I shall have my silneldor-provided cap with mallorn leaf, and mallorn-leaf jacket as well. And most likely a very silly grin! And be accompanied by a tall sturdy 22-year-old young man. Smile

Loresilme
Valinor

Oct 8 2009, 4:24pm

Post #550 of 565 (3340 views)
Shortcut
Clues [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmmm where will I be ... Friday night ... music ... hobbits ... music .... elves .... music ... rangers and dwarves .... music ... SmileHeartSmile????

First page Previous page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.