Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
Two free Friday RCMH tickets (and no, I'm not a spambot :P)

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Oct 2 2009, 4:11pm

Post #1 of 5 (889 views)
Shortcut
Two free Friday RCMH tickets (and no, I'm not a spambot :P) Can't Post

Hey guys,

I didn't want this to get lost in the hustle and bustle of that ginormous thread above, so I posted separately here. Mods, you can delete this once I get these out of my responsibilty.

So, basically, I won the grand prizes for the fan art NYCC contest, and I am now stuck with two Friday tickets (not sure what seats they are) in my name, waiting at the RCMH, that I have absolutely no plans to use. This prize is *tickets only*- no hotel/plane fare, etc. So you'll need to get yourself to NYC somehow for next Friday.

I talked with the guy about how to give these away, and basically what I'll do is give him the name to give the tickets to whoever PMs me first (click my name, you can PM me from my profile). I'll need your RL name and I would prefer if you took both; if you don't need both, I'll figure it out from there. First come, first serve. The only thing I ask is that you have been a member of TORn's forum boards for at least 24 hours; it's ok if you don't post often. You don't need to give me your address either, just your name and email. They'll be waiting for you on Friday.

I'll post below this once both tickets are gone, so as long as you don't see another post by me, they are still available.

And just to reiterate, they are completely free. You need to get to NYCC on your own. They'll be held in your name at the RCMH. And I like chocolate. Laugh

My LiveJournal ~ My artwork and photography ~ My LOTR fan fiction

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 2 2009, 4:42pm

Post #2 of 5 (704 views)
Shortcut
I suppose I could be tempted but... [In reply to] Can't Post

I will be mingling with folk at the Friday night mingle.

And it would be nice if someone who couldn't see the concert at all, otherwise, used them. (as opposed to my going twice).

You're a sweetie, AL. I was hoping you might be staying for the panels because I was going to ask you to take notes for the David Salo/lyrics presentation.

LOTR soundtrack website
Torn Image Posting Guide
magpie avatar gallery

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 2 2009, 4:57pm

Post #3 of 5 (700 views)
Shortcut
Hey! Congrats on winning! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's great for you to win the contest. Best of luck with the tickets!

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.

`Are these magic cloaks? ' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.

`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Oct 3 2009, 6:22am

Post #4 of 5 (708 views)
Shortcut
Two offers pending as of 11:30EST; thread will be updated Sun night/Mon morning // [In reply to] Can't Post

NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Oct 4 2009, 2:34am

Post #5 of 5 (751 views)
Shortcut
Tickets are gone. Thanks for everyone's interest, and see a whole bunch of you soon! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.