Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Rado City NYC Moot 2009 - Ringers Take Manhattan! --> Official Hotel Link inside the thread!
First page Previous page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next page Last page  View All

weathertop
Rohan

Sep 28 2009, 4:41pm

Post #476 of 565 (3469 views)
Shortcut
fri night seats [In reply to] Can't Post

Orchestra section F, seats 403 and 404

just getting around to reading this place in almost a week. sorry

weathertop
Rohan

Sep 28 2009, 4:44pm

Post #477 of 565 (3455 views)
Shortcut
i would think [In reply to] Can't Post

there are hostel-like places in NYC...i'll see if i can get my buddy to find them (he's usually good with this type of thing)

Magpie
Immortal

Sep 28 2009, 6:00pm

Post #478 of 565 (3524 views)
Shortcut
there was an article in my paper yesterday about NYC [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know if you can view this article without registering. But here's the section on housing.

Penny pincher: a youth hostel such as L-HOSTELS at 1961 7th Ave. (118th Street) in Harlem, www.l-hostels.com or 1-212-222-3103. Recent price: $24 per night! The hostel is in a recently renovated building that was converted from luxury apartments; check out the rooftop deck. More info at "Hostel Handbook" (www.hostelhandbook.com) by Jim Williams.

Tight budget/big style: You'll like the vibe but might rue the size of the rooms at the Pod Hotel. Located on a shady and quiet residential street, the Pod blends into the other brownstones along the street; inside, it's like an ultra-hip dance club. The name is no accident: The rooms have iPod docking stations, but the rooms are also as small as bean pods. Price: as low as $100 per night. A bonus: There's a farm-to-fork-style restaurant in the hotel's sunny courtyard that serves tasty breakfast and lunch. (Rosie wtR talked about this and may be staying there)

LOTR soundtrack website
Torn Image Posting Guide
magpie avatar gallery

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 28 2009, 6:55pm

Post #479 of 565 (3514 views)
Shortcut
Yes, I'll be staying at The Pod [In reply to] Can't Post

It is a really cool place. But as said, the rooms are pods. Really small with a bed and hardly any room to fall out of bed. And a shared bathroom. But everything was really clean. Rooms with airco. And quiet (also something you won't find in hostels). It is one block away from the subway and only 15 minutes walk to Times Square (and even less to RCMH).

So for a place better than a hostel but cheaper than a hotel, I really recommend this place.

Rain Queen

Sep 29 2009, 4:11am

Post #480 of 565 (3497 views)
Shortcut
*waves* [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been absent from TORn for awhile (at least a few years), but I'll be there, and hope to meet some of you! (If anyone remembers me)

The road goes ever on and on...

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Sep 29 2009, 4:49am

Post #481 of 565 (3564 views)
Shortcut
Actually it's less than four months [In reply to] Can't Post

...since you last posted here.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
We're discussing The Silmarillion in the Reading Room, Aug. 9 - Mar 7. Please join the conversation!

This week: "Of the Sindar".
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
How to find old Reading Room discussions.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 29 2009, 10:29am

Post #482 of 565 (3503 views)
Shortcut
*wild applause* HE ROCKS!!! Bwahahaha!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."
~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

Rain Queen

Sep 29 2009, 1:37pm

Post #483 of 565 (3519 views)
Shortcut
True... [In reply to] Can't Post

But it has been ages since I've posted regularly.

The road goes ever on and on...

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Sep 29 2009, 4:24pm

Post #484 of 565 (3474 views)
Shortcut
I'll be doing the cash-only at the door... [In reply to] Can't Post

5 more dollars is not much more.

Am I also paying for the alcohol I'm not allowed to legally drink? Tongue Just giving you a hard time Laugh Can't wait to see you again! Wootwoot :D

My LiveJournal ~ My artwork and photography ~ My LOTR fan fiction

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Sunflower
Valinor

Sep 29 2009, 4:34pm

Post #485 of 565 (3462 views)
Shortcut
Itt;s not that,.. [In reply to] Can't Post

it;s just that I don't have more than an extra $50 total to spend on accomodations (Not dinner etc, that's seperate expesne..I mean, just the cost of a room.

Am in rush..wil post more tomorrow

And I don't have a sleeping bag, but could use a doggoned blannket and sleep "Fellowship" -style:)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 29 2009, 5:02pm

Post #486 of 565 (3537 views)
Shortcut
*squeeeeee!* Now the party's complete! [In reply to] Can't Post

*flying tackle-hug* Can't WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!

yeah... thinking of your going back to jordan-the-discursive would be so much fun!! But I really love that Auxerre person, too ;)

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 29 2009, 5:04pm

Post #487 of 565 (3552 views)
Shortcut
*snigger* crickets in your corner, eh? [In reply to] Can't Post

I know. There are a few of you out there in the boonies. *sigh* But that means you can be a blubbering idiot if you want and not have to worry about anyone noticing ;)

sample

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 29 2009, 5:06pm

Post #488 of 565 (3484 views)
Shortcut
Friday Night Seating Chart coming right up! [In reply to] Can't Post

Even if it's just your lone little chair that's marked. I know there are several going to the Friday night show (WITH BILLY BOYD!!), but I haven't gotten any seat number but yours.

COOL! :D

sample

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 29 2009, 5:08pm

Post #489 of 565 (3459 views)
Shortcut
Thanks lots, Elizabeth!! [In reply to] Can't Post

*runs to charts* THIS IS GREAT!!!

What an amazing collection we have. I'm SO looking forward to seeing SO MANY PEEPS!!!! :D

sample

greenearth_octobersky

Sep 29 2009, 10:14pm

Post #490 of 565 (3473 views)
Shortcut
LOTR Radio City Music Hall concert ticket available. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi folks,

Sorry to cross-post so much. Had trouble finding this thread.

I have a ticket for the Radio City Music Hall LOTR concert on Sat., Oct. 10.
Seat is in the 3rd mezzanine, F411 (near center).
$54.

It's a printable ticket I can send by email and I have paypal, so we could make a quick transaction to get the ticket to you ontime.

Please email if you're interested wsrw (at) verizon (dot) net

CAhobbit
Rohan

Sep 30 2009, 7:24am

Post #491 of 565 (3499 views)
Shortcut
True.... [In reply to] Can't Post

except for the complete strangers sitting near me that have to hear my blubbering....hehehe. Wink

Do not meddle in the affairs of hobbits for we can bite your kneecaps off!

House Stark

CAhobbit's flickr page

CAhobbit's myspace

ringers rock!
Rivendell

Sep 30 2009, 11:55pm

Post #492 of 565 (3545 views)
Shortcut
Double Bed Room & Ticket Available [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks like I can't afford the NYC weekend after all. Deeply saddened. I have a lump in my throat just posting this Unsure But I have to wear my big girl pants.....

The ticket -- Section 2NDMZ3, Row B, Seat 301! originally $64, but I'll probably take anything over 10 bucks!
The Room -- 10/9 & 10/10 double bed

I'm not letting the room go until 10/2 because it would be way sweeter of me to just transfer it to you. PM me if you want either!

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 1 2009, 3:28am

Post #493 of 565 (3397 views)
Shortcut
Google Maps [In reply to] Can't Post

I checked into how to do a 'personalized' Google map.

Go to maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

click on My Maps.

Then click on 'Create a New Map'.

Name it, add some description if you like, and click Saved.

Then you can do a search for a location like Park Central Hotel New York. Click on the 'map pin' icon (either in the results on the left or on the map itself) for the item you want to add. A pop up window will appear. On that pop up window, click ''Save to My Maps". It asks you which map you want to save it to. Chose the one you've just created.

You'll get a new pop up. You can click on the 'map pin' icon and chose another if you like. You can also write a description. When you're ready, click 'Okay'.

You can also find a tool in the top left of your edit window that looks a little like a lightning bolt. This lets you draw lines so you can plot out paths to walk or drive.

When you've added all the items you want, click 'Done'.

LOTR soundtrack website
Torn Image Posting Guide
magpie avatar gallery

Sunflower
Valinor

Oct 2 2009, 1:56am

Post #494 of 565 (3291 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

An update on my "housing" status...

Turns out that my "U2 Friend" might be staying close to home next weekend after all. I had mentioned this thing to him a couple weeks ago, and again last week when I was down there for the show, and he mentioned back then that I could stay with him, *if* he was there...we've been mailing and I told him about the problem I was going to be having getting to and from the City so late at night/early in the morning. (He lives in Croton-Harmon, about 20 mins north of the the City in no traffic.)
I also reminded him that he told me one of his kids goes to Fordham U., , where the Manuscript exhibit is going to be...kind of suggesting things without suggesting them...<g>.) Funny story...U2 played a little gig at the Fordham Campus back in the spring, and my friend was dying to go, and wanted his son to see if there was a way to get in. (It was students only.) His son was bored by the whole thing and said "Dad, you go," and gave him his ID....even though my friend is 50, they didn't even look at the ID (!) and let him in...

He's a really nice guy, so I trust he will work something out. Please, folks, cross your fingers, toes, tentacles, and other appendages that he can find me a place to camp in the City, or doesn't have a problem carting me to and from manhattan at early hours of the morning....

I'm going full steam ahead as if this is a given...and I am trusting in the power of prayer or goodwill or whatver...I believe in it...so folks, if you're a believer, pray this works out!

Thanks for the suggestion of the hostel, Magpie...and Eowyn of Penn's Woods. Of course I am still trying to wrap my brain around how I will deal with not being able to bring a camera into certain places and not having a car to stash it in...what am I going to do about that...I mean, they won't frisk you at RC will they?!

In the meantime I am printing out your maps and everything else!

So far: My schedule is:

--Friday night Mixer

--Saturday morning Marquette Manuscript Tour--9AM --I'm meeting Gramma and one other sibbie, then I suppose we'll hang around and wait for everyone else to get done and at noon we'll all haul out of there and go wherever? Any news yet on organized sightseeing? (I;d love to go to Central park and get a few pics of Pale Male and Lola, the red-tailed Hawks.)..
http://www.palemale.com (Probably the world's only celebrity wild birds. Pale Male is a NYC legend for the past 15 yrs--he's got his own website where people follow him and his dynasty daily (!), a TV special, a kid's book, the list goes on. Wonderful website.)
--Sat evening show, and anything after that. Possibly Beecake if enough are going.

--Sunday panels

Anyone going to these PM me 'cause I need a guide! OH well...we'll all meet up I suppose. Gramma and I can get lost together:)

(This post was edited by Sunflower on Oct 2 2009, 2:05am)

elentari3018
Rohan

Oct 2 2009, 3:37am

Post #495 of 565 (3291 views)
Shortcut
Elentari3018-+4 =) We're in the 700s-- [In reply to] Can't Post

section 3RDMZ7, row BB, seats 701-705

"By Elbereth and Luthien the fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" ~Frodo

"And then Gandalf arose and bid all men rise, and they rose, and he said: 'Here is a last hail ere the feast endeth. Last but not least. For I name now those who shall not be forgotten and without whose valour nought else that was done would have availed; and I name before you all Frodo of the Shire and Samwise his servant. And the bards and the minstrels should give them new names: Bronwe athan Harthad and Harthad Uluithiad , Endurance beyond Hope and Hope Unquenchable.." ~Gandalf, The End of the Third Age , from The History of Middle Earth series

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 2 2009, 6:35pm

Post #496 of 565 (3294 views)
Shortcut
It's sounding more hopeful, isn't it!? :D [In reply to] Can't Post

That would be so wonderful! We'll definitely be getting into that awesome tour at least!

Actually... I'm not sure what my plans are yet after the exhibit. I'm waiting for my roommates to finalize their plans... so don't anyone wait around for me! You might miss out!

All I know is that I really want to go on one of the Ferry tours... again, waiting for others to firm up their plans.

I think you've got one awesome friend there, Sunflower :) He's a keeper, fersher :D

sample

Colleen Doran
The Shire

Oct 2 2009, 9:09pm

Post #497 of 565 (3262 views)
Shortcut
I will miss the moot! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am so disappointed to find out about this Friday get together! I would have bought Saturday tickets. Alas! All the best seats were gone.

We're row NN seats 509 and 510. I will be there with my brother. I'll also be bringing some extra Legolas prints to my lecture on Sunday, as well as a one sheet list of recommended artists and books.

The A Distant Soil Webcomic and Blog
Colleen Doran's Website

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 2 2009, 9:52pm

Post #498 of 565 (3314 views)
Shortcut
would you be ameanable [In reply to] Can't Post

...to having that list published on the net or on this forum in some manner. There are lots of us missing the Sunday panels and I'm hoping that the information presented can be made available in other ways. I'm really hoping the presentations might be videoed and put on the web as podcasts. But if that doesn't happen then maybe we could get some of the handout material published.

LOTR soundtrack website
Torn Image Posting Guide
magpie avatar gallery

Colleen Doran
The Shire

Oct 2 2009, 9:54pm

Post #499 of 565 (3268 views)
Shortcut
LOTR art recommended reading list [In reply to] Can't Post

Absolutely. I will post it on my website blog when I get home.

The A Distant Soil Webcomic and Blog
Colleen Doran's Website

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 2 2009, 10:03pm

Post #500 of 565 (3225 views)
Shortcut
Thanks. :-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

LOTR soundtrack website
Torn Image Posting Guide
magpie avatar gallery

First page Previous page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.