Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
Rado City NYC Moot 2009 - Ringers Take Manhattan! --> Official Hotel Link inside the thread!
First page Previous page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next page Last page  View All

weathertop
Rohan

Sep 15 2009, 8:07pm

Post #426 of 565 (3636 views)
Shortcut
anything still available? [In reply to] Can't Post

wrote something in the thread below.

Garfeimao
Rohan

Sep 15 2009, 8:13pm

Post #427 of 565 (3680 views)
Shortcut
Good news [In reply to] Can't Post

See you at the Beecake show on Thursday, and the meet and greet thingy on Friday night, and I'm sure at the concert on Saturday. This is going to be such fun.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle earth

My page in the Traveling Journal

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 16 2009, 2:35pm

Post #428 of 565 (3672 views)
Shortcut
I was finishing up the updated seating chart today [In reply to] Can't Post

If you'd like to let me know where you'll be sitting, I can add you to it. No Problem is you prefer not to... it's just fun to see where we're all seated throughout the hall :)

I'm SO GLAD you guys are coming!!!

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."
~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

Patty
Immortal

Sep 16 2009, 4:53pm

Post #429 of 565 (3705 views)
Shortcut
Just promise there will be pictures available... [In reply to] Can't Post

somewhere, for those of us who can't come.

Permanent address: Into the West

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 16 2009, 5:21pm

Post #430 of 565 (3662 views)
Shortcut
Ohhh... fersher! [In reply to] Can't Post

You can count on it :) Golly, I wish you could be there. *sad face*

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 16 2009, 5:22pm

Post #431 of 565 (3654 views)
Shortcut
*wild applause* WOOHOO!!! Excellent!! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

WhiteLadyEowyn
Rivendell

Sep 16 2009, 7:25pm

Post #432 of 565 (3658 views)
Shortcut
I hope I didn't speak too soon [In reply to] Can't Post

.. and jinx us. :(

When (and if) the tickets are purchased I will let you know our seats.

Laerasëa
Tol Eressea

Sep 16 2009, 9:45pm

Post #433 of 565 (3720 views)
Shortcut
I just put my ticket in the mail [In reply to] Can't Post

to my best friend who goes to college at NYU. She actually signed up on TORn with me the second time I signed up, last January, but it was more so I could have someone to sign up with, and she hasn't been on in over a year. But she's an awesome friend, and she'll be sitting where I was originally going to be! Not that that has to go on the seating chart...I was just happy that she liked the idea of going to the concert!

Traveling Journal Official Site

"....Here’s what I think. We can’t go around measuring our goodness by what we don’t do – what we deny ourselves, what we resist and who we exclude. I think we’ve got to measure our goodness by what we embrace, what we create, and who we include. " - Chocolat

WhiteLadyEowyn
Rivendell

Sep 17 2009, 4:41am

Post #434 of 565 (3589 views)
Shortcut
w00t, Tickets bought [In reply to] Can't Post

We are in orchestra level, Row B, seats 314-312.

This is WhiteLadyEowyn, Mr. Frodo, and Kenney, our friend

Can you add us to the chart?

Love lots
Jo

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 17 2009, 8:56am

Post #435 of 565 (3635 views)
Shortcut
Awesome!! :D Gotcha!!! and Thanks :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 17 2009, 8:59am

Post #436 of 565 (3651 views)
Shortcut
*sad hug* [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad you found someone to take your tickets... but it's such a bummer. I'm glad you have your Friend going "for" you, though! Let me know her nickname if you both would like, and I'll definitely add her to the chart! Right now, she'll be L's awesome friend (or a variation to keep it short ;)

Thanks, m'dear

sample

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 17 2009, 6:51pm

Post #437 of 565 (3690 views)
Shortcut
*** UPDATED RCMH SEATING CHARTS 9/17/09*** [In reply to] Can't Post

Well... here's the updated seating chart for the Radio City Music Hall viewing on Saturday night... and it's getting fuller :D

I'd really love to put together a chart for our Friday Night viewers. So if you'd like one, please pass on your complete seat numbers either here or pm me, and I'll put one together.

I know these aren't high quality, and I hope they're legible. If you cut and past them into a word file, you can drag them out to make it larger. For our final charts (the week before the concert), I'll try to make them larger. It's funny, but when I open the file in "paint"... it's HUGE! But there you are.

CHEERS ALL!

RCMH Seating Chart with Name Tags

RCMH Seating Chart with NO Name Tags

RCMH Seating Chart – Just the list of names

sample

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 17 2009, 8:00pm

Post #438 of 565 (3609 views)
Shortcut
Thank you so much [In reply to] Can't Post

It is looking amazing.
Just seeing all those familiar names and than thinking we will all be in the same place at the same moment, it is still a bit mind blowing that it will happen.

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Sep 18 2009, 12:13am

Post #439 of 565 (3647 views)
Shortcut
still only 1% of RCMH [In reply to] Can't Post

but spread nicely around to make a good claque!

Thanks for your patient effort, gramma.

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

silneldor
Half-elven

Sep 18 2009, 12:39am

Post #440 of 565 (3656 views)
Shortcut
Ha! [In reply to] Can't Post

We are the 1%'ers. The rowdy outlaw gang of TORn.

Ba, ba, ba, bad to the bone...Sly

''What connects Nature to the spiritual, or requires the presence of the latter? In positive terms, as Alkis Kontos points out, when nature was still largely experienced as integral, alive and active, 'It was the spiritual dimension of the world, its enchanted, magical quality that rendered it infinite, not amenable to complete calculability; spirit could not be quanified; it permitted and invited mythologization.' And I would add, it still is and does.''
Patrick Curry-Defending Middle-Earth-Tolkien: Myth and Modernity - chapter: 'The Sea: Spirituality and Ethics.'

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

Altaira
Superuser

Sep 18 2009, 2:19am

Post #441 of 565 (3627 views)
Shortcut
Payment Info for Friday night NYC Gathering [In reply to] Can't Post

I just updated the "Official Info Post with the information below on the Friday night get-together, as well as lots of other new information and updates! Be sure to check it out. (posting here to reach those following this thread). Smile

7:00 - 10:00 - TORn & friends gathering/mixer. Three hours in a private room with all-you-can-eat appetizers and top-shelf open bar throughout. Trivia and more! Connolley's Pub, 121 W. 45th St. (1/2 mile from the Park Central hotel).

Advanced tickets: Adults - $52, Children under 16 - $19; At the door tickets (cash only): Adults - $57, children under 16 - $24
Send Paypal payments to RCMHmixer@gmail.com. Be sure to include a message regarding who, and how many, you're paying for. To pay by check, PM Altaira to make arrangements.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

(This post was edited by Altaira on Sep 18 2009, 2:34am)

silneldor
Half-elven

Sep 18 2009, 2:54am

Post #442 of 565 (3607 views)
Shortcut
And what about senior citizen rates *Pippin face*\\ [In reply to] Can't Post

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Sep 18 2009, 3:15am

Post #443 of 565 (3606 views)
Shortcut
help for travellers, please [In reply to] Can't Post

Could some locals give us estimates of travel time

from ParkCentral Hotel to RCMH by foot

from hotel to panel site by ?

between hotel to Fordham by subway or cab

between LaGuardia and hotel by cab a) weekday b) Sunday

I ask because Yahoo Maps and Mapquest give wildly divergent times for the last-mentioned. I hope to linger as long as possible without jeopardizing my plane flight. Maybe we can stake out a corner of the hotel lobby to congregate for sharing cabs, walking together, etc.

Also, what is typical mid-October weather?

Many thanks,

ElanorTX

Tamara
Rivendell

Sep 18 2009, 2:24pm

Post #444 of 565 (3547 views)
Shortcut
Still missing :( [In reply to] Can't Post

Gramma,
Here's mine again!
1st mezz, Row C, Seat 604.
---Tamara

Being a Steward of Harvard is almost as good as being Steward of Gondor, but I'm headed for Minas Tirith (New Zealand) in 2011!

Garfeimao
Rohan

Sep 18 2009, 4:46pm

Post #445 of 565 (3558 views)
Shortcut
got my confirmation [In reply to] Can't Post

I got my Beecake ticket for Thursday night, Oct. 8 in the mail yesterday, and I got an email from Marquette confirming my Friday, 1pm tour of the Manuscripts, woohoo.

Now to pay for the Friday night party and then all that's left is packing and leaving.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle earth

My page in the Traveling Journal

Tamara
Rivendell

Sep 18 2009, 6:30pm

Post #446 of 565 (3534 views)
Shortcut
1pm for manuscripts [In reply to] Can't Post

Garf, all 3 of us got 1pm as well and our Beecake tickets also arrived yesterday. Things are really moving now!

Being a Steward of Harvard is almost as good as being Steward of Gondor, but I'm headed for Minas Tirith (New Zealand) in 2011!

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 18 2009, 7:01pm

Post #447 of 565 (3603 views)
Shortcut
Sorry we haven't responded yet [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know all the answers to your questions, but we are planning to post some travel tips for everyone, and we will include directions and estimated travel time and cost between the hotel and the official events. In addition, some folks have volunteered to organize some sightseeing events, and once we have those details worked out we'll post information about them, and they will include travel information.

The best way to travel to and from the airports is by taxi, and the cost is about $30-$40 each way. It is possible to share taxis, and soon we'll post a thread so people can share based on when and where they are arriving.

With respect to time to the airport, I would allow yourself plenty of time, because not only do you have travel time, you have to allow enough time to possibly check a bag, get through security and arrive at your gate. You don't want to cut it too close and miss your flight.

Mid-October could be fabulous, with bright blue sky and the color of the changing leaves. That weekend could be close to the peak leaf season, and Central Park will be ablaze with gold, red and green. Daytime temperatures might get into the 60s (F) but the nights will be cool, maybe into the upper 40s. However, it could also be raining and much colder - we'll just have to watch the forecast. We have had a fantastic September here in the upper Midwest, with 21 days of no rain, daytime temperatures in the upper 70s and lower 80s, nighttimes in the 60s. I'm hoping to bring that weather with me to New York!

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.

`Are these magic cloaks? ' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.

`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Sep 19 2009, 3:04am

Post #448 of 565 (3614 views)
Shortcut
Marquette called me today (Fri) to say that Saturday is full except for 9 am [In reply to] Can't Post

which I accepted. There are still openings on Sun; I don't know about Fri.

ElanorTX

camp song:

I'll be yawning in the dawning
when the Big Ben gives his roar.
I only had ten hours of sleep
and I wish I'd had ten more.
I wish I'd gone to bed
when the sun was setting red:
then I wouldn't be yawning
in the dawning.
Laugh

Sunflower
Valinor

Sep 20 2009, 1:14am

Post #449 of 565 (3611 views)
Shortcut
Gramma and I are coming Sat 9 AM... [In reply to] Can't Post

so you won't be alone, sibbie-wiseSmile

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 20 2009, 1:22pm

Post #450 of 565 (3562 views)
Shortcut
Wups! Thanks Tamara! *runs to chart* // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

First page Previous page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.