The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Let Us Sing Together - Tom Bombadil Video

fathom
The Shire

Sep 9 2009, 8:32am

Post #1 of 9 (291 views)
Shortcut
Let Us Sing Together - Tom Bombadil Video Can't Post

The second night in Bombadil's house, Frodo dreams of a song that "seemed to come like a pale light behind a grey rain-curtain, and growing stronger to turn the veil all to glass and silver, until at last it was rolled back, and a far green country opened before him under a swift sunrise."

This is a rendition of the LOTRO soundtrack song, "Let Us Sing Together" recently re-arranged, performed & recorded by members of the band FATHOM. A gift to the community - ENJOY!

http://www.youtube.com/user/FathomFan

"Celtic 'is a magic bag, into which anything may be put, and out of which almost anything may come . . . Anything is possible in the fabulous Celtic twilight, which is not so much a twilight of the gods as of the reason.'"
— J.R.R. Tolkien

tennie75
Lorien

Sep 9 2009, 12:30pm

Post #2 of 9 (197 views)
Shortcut
thanks for the Mathom! [In reply to] Can't Post

that was cool- I was not aware of the music nor had I seen screencaps from LOTRO. thanks for sharing and I'll definitely be checking out both.

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 9 2009, 1:45pm

Post #3 of 9 (213 views)
Shortcut
Oh I love this track... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I don't play the game, but I came across it while watching LOTRO gameplay videos on youtube... it's very hobbity, with a little bit of a Tom Bombadil-ish flippancy thrown in Tongue It always makes me wish the merry ol' fellow was shown in PJ's films Frown

Thanks for sharing and welcome to TORn Cool

"Crows and Gibbets! What is the House of Eorl but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek and their brats roll around on the floor with their dogs! You are but a lesser son of greater sires."

(This post was edited by Earl on Sep 9 2009, 1:47pm)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 9 2009, 2:22pm

Post #4 of 9 (192 views)
Shortcut
Well done :D [In reply to] Can't Post

This really put me in the mood to visit Ol' Tom myself!!!

Cheers, and thanks so much!

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."
~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 9 2009, 8:36pm

Post #5 of 9 (179 views)
Shortcut
Very nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

That was a pleasant, hobbity tune - thank you for sharing it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Sep 10 2009, 2:31am

Post #6 of 9 (184 views)
Shortcut
Fantastic! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well done. I liked "Whiskey In The Jar" as well.

I have no choice but to believe in free will.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

fathom
The Shire

Sep 13 2009, 1:06am

Post #7 of 9 (192 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Many thanks for all the kind words...we hope to write more material in this vein.

"Celtic 'is a magic bag, into which anything may be put, and out of which almost anything may come . . . Anything is possible in the fabulous Celtic twilight, which is not so much a twilight of the gods as of the reason.'"
— J.R.R. Tolkien

fathom
The Shire

Nov 23 2009, 9:28pm

Post #8 of 9 (228 views)
Shortcut
Lonely Mountain Band [In reply to] Can't Post

Just wanted to let you all know we're working on an all Tolkien inspired music project called; The Lonely Mountain Band.

We're releasing songs one by one on a myspace page for now: http://www.myspace.com/thelonelymountainband

So far we have Fall of Gil-Galad and Lament for Eorl the Young done and posted and on Amazon.com as well.

Enjoy!

— J.R.R. Tolkien

(This post was edited by fathom on Nov 23 2009, 9:29pm)

fathom
The Shire

Sep 24 2010, 8:12pm

Post #9 of 9 (180 views)
Shortcut
Beyond the Western Seas [In reply to] Can't Post

Hail friends! Just wanted to let you know that the album is now available: http://minstrelsongs.com/

— J.R.R. Tolkien

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.