Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Favorite Season?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: Favorite Season?
Winter
Spring
Summer
Autumn
View Results (63 votes)

.Ithilwen.
Rivendell

Sep 8 2009, 3:39pm

Post #1 of 31 (520 views)
Shortcut
Favorite Season? Can't Post

Autumn seems to be slowly rolling in in the north eastern US... Temperatures are dropping a night, the breeze is chilled, the early summer flowers are dying off and the mums are blooming... I love this time of year you can almost smell it in the air, as Lady Galadriel would say :)

So, what's your favorite time of year???

weathertop
Lorien

Sep 8 2009, 3:50pm

Post #2 of 31 (236 views)
Shortcut
fall (autumn) by far... [In reply to] Can't Post

its the end of the growing season here in the heartland, so everything is at its peak, a vibrant fullness. then you get the change in colors as the trees start prepping for winter's hibernation. all the fields' crops start coming in. Hunting seasons start opening up. Not to mention the best of the temperatures happening. nice and semi-warm during the day, cooling off at night. every once in a while you get that brisk day foreshadowing the winter to come, but it's more of a breath of fresh air than a foreboding feeling.

at least to me.

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Sep 8 2009, 5:56pm

Post #3 of 31 (237 views)
Shortcut
Autumn for me, too. [In reply to] Can't Post

I grew up in the Northeast so I know what you mean about the sights and smells. Having also lived in Texas for twenty-three years now, I can add to that my experience of the enormous relief when the h*llish temperatures of summer pass and you know youíre in for eight or nine months of generally beautiful weather. (Yes, even when it gets down to freezing and sometimes below at night in January and February and we have ice storms, even that has the advantage of novelty, and you know itís brief.)

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Sep 8 2009, 6:29pm

Post #4 of 31 (258 views)
Shortcut
Summer [In reply to] Can't Post

That's when I can get up to the really high country for some spectacular hiking. The other times of year are more limited elevation-wise.

Every year in late August I have a dream that I'm awaiting execution. The first few times it kind of freaked me out, but I figured out long ago that it just means the end of my summer life and back into the more mundane world of the school year. I love my job, so I can't quite figure out the dream. And I do like autumn, but I do *not* like winter, so autumn feels kind of bittersweet.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 8 2009, 7:26pm

Post #5 of 31 (255 views)
Shortcut
I'm a spring girl. [In reply to] Can't Post

I love seeing the stirrings of life - green leaves peaking through, blossoms and flowers bursting out - and knowing that the coming months will only get warmer!

deej
Tol Eressea

Sep 8 2009, 7:41pm

Post #6 of 31 (203 views)
Shortcut
We don't have much of an autumn in Georgia... [In reply to] Can't Post

...but it's still my favorite time of year.

It tends to go from being really hot to really cold, with (maybe) a few days of autumn-like weather in the middle. The past week has been pretty nice, though - warm, but not as humid as it usually is.

I miss autumn in Michigan - the crisp, clear air and trees in gorgeous shades of red, gold and orange.

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Sep 8 2009, 7:47pm

Post #7 of 31 (307 views)
Shortcut
Winter... for somewhat silly reasons... [In reply to] Can't Post

*Christmas
*Vacation
*Birthday

I mean, it's usually a toss up between summer and winter, but the birthday nudged it over. And we have 3 birthdays in a 20 day period in my family, so that means a lot of birthday cake around New Year XD

Zmulady
Rohan

Sep 8 2009, 8:47pm

Post #8 of 31 (472 views)
Shortcut
Spring [In reply to] Can't Post

because the winter is so long and cold here, Spring is a welcome season. Everything is coming back to life.

silneldor
Half-elven

Sep 9 2009, 2:29am

Post #9 of 31 (245 views)
Shortcut
Summer [In reply to] Can't Post

We are an outdoor family and need a nice warm/hot time for the gambit of activities we do.

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Sep 9 2009, 4:17am

Post #10 of 31 (165 views)
Shortcut
I voted Summer [In reply to] Can't Post

but it's pretty closely followed by Spring and Autumn... I hate being cold!!

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Sep 9 2009, 4:19am

Post #11 of 31 (192 views)
Shortcut
Hey AL [In reply to] Can't Post

head down this way and you can have all of those and Summer too Wink

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Sep 9 2009, 4:39am

Post #12 of 31 (199 views)
Shortcut
You can have mine! [In reply to] Can't Post

Summer, I mean.;) I voted Autumn, but Spring is a close 2nd. I hate being hot!!!!! =)
This summer actually hasn't been so stinking hot, though, just too dry. :/

(This post was edited by Eowyn of Penns Woods on Sep 9 2009, 4:41am)

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Sep 9 2009, 1:11pm

Post #13 of 31 (163 views)
Shortcut
Spring [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the plants all getting started and walking around looking for the first wildflowers and anticipating putting in my vegetable garden as soon as there is no more frost!

.Ithilwen.
Rivendell

Sep 9 2009, 1:11pm

Post #14 of 31 (193 views)
Shortcut
Having the oppsite problem here [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think we,ve had more then 4 or 5 days at a clip without rain... Kind of like today 3 days of sun and it's supposed to rain the rest of the week!

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Sep 9 2009, 3:41pm

Post #15 of 31 (161 views)
Shortcut
I like spring best, but autumn is a close second. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's the new life that does it for me. In Texas, we have two growing seasons. Spring, after the cold of winter, and autumn, after the heat of summer. I love growing flowers that bloom in both seasons. Plus, our garden (when I finally get around to starting it back up again) has two harvests. Autumn in a lot of places is a winding-down season, but for us, things start picking up again!

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Sep 9 2009, 5:18pm

Post #16 of 31 (164 views)
Shortcut
Okay. :o) [In reply to] Can't Post

When I become Queen of the Universe it will be autumn here and spring there. :o)

Nuradar
Rohan

Sep 9 2009, 5:38pm

Post #17 of 31 (154 views)
Shortcut
Autumn [In reply to] Can't Post

I live in Eastern Canada, and we haven't had a proper spring season here in several years, so I forgot what spring is like. I like autumn here because it's a welcome relief from the humidity in August when you work up a sweat just tying your shoes! I like the crisp, cool air of autumn evenings while the days are still warm enough to wear shorts and enjoy being outdoors.

But most of all, autumn is when I get the strongest itch to have my LOTR marathon. More than any other season, it makes me want to sit on the couch for 13 hours and escape to Middle Earth.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 9 2009, 7:39pm

Post #18 of 31 (157 views)
Shortcut
Need a minion? [In reply to] Can't Post

I wouldn't mind propping up that kind of Queendom. ;)

.Ithilwen.
Rivendell

Sep 9 2009, 8:57pm

Post #19 of 31 (166 views)
Shortcut
All hail! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Sep 9 2009, 11:53pm

Post #20 of 31 (146 views)
Shortcut
True that! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't wait to celebrate my birthday down in NZ... if I get the chance XD

Donry
Tol Eressea

Sep 10 2009, 2:38am

Post #21 of 31 (390 views)
Shortcut
Tough one for me.... [In reply to] Can't Post

as I like each season! But I went with autumn. Not entirely sure why. We close our cottage in the fall and always leaves me so depressed.

RosieLass
Valinor

Sep 10 2009, 11:37pm

Post #22 of 31 (141 views)
Shortcut
Autumn for me. [In reply to] Can't Post

Partly for the glorious colors, and partly because it means the summer heat is past.

And also because it's in the autumn that I generally start feeling the itch to read LOTR again.

(This post was edited by RosieLass on Sep 10 2009, 11:39pm)

Patty
Immortal

Sep 12 2009, 1:27am

Post #23 of 31 (595 views)
Shortcut
Autum for me, too. [In reply to] Can't Post

Like many others, I get that urge to "follow Frodo/Bilbo" in the Fall. It's kind of a bittersweet time, but beautiful because of the foliage.

Twit
Lorien

Sep 16 2009, 1:15pm

Post #24 of 31 (128 views)
Shortcut
autumn [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the frosty sunny mornings and the leaves. next best is winter (as long as there's snow).

Patty
Immortal

Sep 16 2009, 4:48pm

Post #25 of 31 (96 views)
Shortcut
Aha, Twit. Winter would be higher on my list if... [In reply to] Can't Post

there were NO snow.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.