Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
TORn History Scavenger Hunt : Tookish's Ticklers

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 26 2009, 12:51am

Views: 713
Shortcut
TORn History Scavenger Hunt : Tookish's Ticklers Can't Post

And yet there lie in Denethor's hoards many records that few now can read, even of the lore-masters,
for their scripts and tongues have become dark to later men.

Tookish's Ticklers is, like Quickbeam's Out on a Limb, found in GreenBooks. It is worth copying the intro for this section:
Welcome to TheOneRing.net's Lord of the Rings & J.R.R. Tolkien humor section! This area contains a wide range of comedy for the Tolkien fan. Please be aware that some entries may be vulgar, or contain profanity or other inappropriate content for some readers. Movie and story spoilers may also be present! Parent supervision is advised. Caution: reading this page in the wee hours may disrupt sleeping family... Enjoy!

There are 6 areas in Tookish's Ticklers and I have one challenge from each area. To find all items in each section, click on the 'archives' link next to each subhead.
[ Writings Archive ] - [ Filk Song Archive ] - etc.

I'm hoping that 'hint' is enough to steer you to the proper area but if you need more hints, just ask. I love hints.

Be sure to find the Bonus question at the end of the hunt.

As per my earlier hunt, I'll post the answers and collectible medallions for those who participate in a few days. The game has no deadline, however, and you can complete any challenge at any time at which time you will claim your medallion. Discussion beyond simple answers is always welcome.

So now... let the hunt begin!

1. Where can you find Andrew Arensburger's map that gives "Walking Directions to Mordor"
(This really did tickle me and I thought it so clever it was one of the first things I saved it to my hard drive.)

2. How many Tolkien purists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
(Remember, the goal is to find these items in Tookish's Ticklers. The goal is not to write an answer. Although, I 'spect someone will chose not to care. :P )

3. List one of the mistakes Steven S said we all "hope Peter Jackson will avoid in filming Lord of the Rings".

4. What is the the Number One Reason the Other Istari Vanished?

5. What webcam is Sauron monitoring on his computer desktop and who just sent him an IM?

6. Who wrote the following filk song and to what popular tune is it sung?
He is just a poor boy, though his storyís often told
How he followed Mister Frodo out into a life of peril
And of suffering
He could have stayed
Still old Sam does what he ought to do
And never once betrayed
Hm-mm-mm, hm-mm-mm-mm

When he left his home and his Gaffer there,
He was no more than a boy
In the company of hobbits
In the danger of the Great East Road, theyíre
Runniní scared
Laying low, hiding out from big Black Riders
Creatures they donít want to see
Looking for the relative safety of Bree

My-my-my, my-my-my-my-my, my-my-my
My-my-my, my-my-my-my-my-my-my
My-my-my-my-my

Seeking only to be loyal
Sam would not be left behind
Elrond couldnít stop him
So he struck out with the Fellowship from Rivendell
I do declare
Itís a good thing he was with Frodo
They made a perfect pair
La, la, la, la, la, la, la

My-my-my-my-my

At the breaking of the Fellowship
When Frodo tried to leave, go alone
Samwise swam out to the boat and made him take him on
On the road Ė to the end

In the clearing stands a hobbit
And a gardener by his trade
But he stood by Mister Frodo
Through every trial that laid him down or cut him.
And he cries out through his anger and his pain,
"I wonít leave him, I wonít leave him,"
And the gardener still remains
Yes, he still remains
Hm-mm-mm

My-my-my-my-my

Bonus: What's your favorite tickler in Tookish's Ticklers?

Happy Hunting. :-)

LOTR soundtrack website
Torn Image Posting Guide
magpie avatar gallery

Subject User Time
TORn History Scavenger Hunt : Tookish's Ticklers Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Aug 26 2009, 12:51am
    Top 10 lists... batik Send a private message to batik Aug 26 2009, 1:37am
    Happily scavenging away... weaver Send a private message to weaver Aug 26 2009, 3:53am
    Hee hee... Earl Send a private message to Earl Aug 26 2009, 1:00pm
    My answers AlassŽa Eruvande Send a private message to AlassŽa Eruvande Aug 26 2009, 1:47pm
        you know what they say Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Aug 26 2009, 2:01pm
            Very cool! AlassŽa Eruvande Send a private message to AlassŽa Eruvande Aug 26 2009, 2:03pm
    I'll give it a go! Lossefalme Send a private message to Lossefalme Aug 26 2009, 3:46pm
    This is fun! fairelvenlady Send a private message to fairelvenlady Aug 27 2009, 11:39pm
    Answers: open when finished with the hunt. Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Aug 28 2009, 3:39pm
        Trouble in saving the medallion image. AlassŽa Eruvande Send a private message to AlassŽa Eruvande Aug 28 2009, 4:14pm
            I'm not sure what the issue is - but here's an alternative Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Aug 28 2009, 6:25pm
                Testing it here. AlassŽa Eruvande Send a private message to AlassŽa Eruvande Aug 28 2009, 10:58pm
                    it does create the red x Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Aug 28 2009, 11:12pm
                        Yes, they do dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Aug 30 2009, 1:21am
    This is one area dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Aug 30 2009, 1:13am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.