Grey Havens

Feb 20 2007, 6:12am

Post #1 of 16 (921 views)
Shortcut
three in one Can't Post

Frodo Portrait

Frodo in Tree

Sam & Frodo in Mordor

Don't know why I didn't think of combining my posts sooner. This is the end, for now. I am so sorry to push that other artist off the board. I wanted to make a reply.

Nienna: “ those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

(This post was edited by Daughter of Nienna on Feb 20 2007, 6:17pm)

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Feb 20 2007, 6:41am

Post #2 of 16 (714 views)
Shortcut
No worries. [In reply to] Can't Post

I am going to post my latest piece relatively soon, hopefully before I leave for China. And we can have a "push off the board" fest. Nwuah. Evil

But it's no problem. The board was looking way too bland. And in the future you can combine them. Laugh

That last one is very, very good. ^^

Oh, and I'm too lazy to go back on the Aragorn ones, but good luck with him. He's a pain in the behind to draw. It took me 2 1/2 years and around a dozen or so attempts to get him right. *twitches*

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Feb 20 2007, 7:07am

Post #3 of 16 (708 views)
Shortcut
I know what you mean! [In reply to] Can't Post

But he has such a great textural and chiseled face.

I was able to send you a message after all becasue I still had that open in another window, and amazingly, it let me reply! ...I jus tcecked , andI see you found it!

In Reply To
I am going to post my latest piece relatively soon, hopefully before I leave for China. And we can have a "push off the board" fest. Nwuah.

But it's no problem. The board was looking way too bland. And in the future you can combine them. Laugh

That last one is very, very good. ^^

Oh, and I'm too lazy to go back on the Aragorn ones, but good luck with him. He's a pain in the behind to draw. It took me 2 1/2 years and around a dozen or so attempts to get him right. *twitches*

Wink

Nienna: “ those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

Aerlinn
Lorien

Feb 20 2007, 2:05pm

Post #4 of 16 (700 views)
Shortcut
That's all right [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll just rename the board.

TheOneRing.net – where everybody knows your name!
And J.R.R. Tolkien’s middle names… and the name of his publisher’s son … and the name of Aragorn’s great-great-great- grandfather on his mother’s side… and what Frodo’s name almost was…

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Feb 21 2007, 5:33am

Post #5 of 16 (702 views)
Shortcut
Nothing's fallen off the board yet. [In reply to] Can't Post

At least not for me. I didn't change the default setting in my profile, which was for 25 threads per page, and only 18 have been posted to this forum so far. And of course, you can still reply to threads that fall off the board, though most people won't see that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Detail from earliest version of Thror's MapTolkien Illustrated! Jan. 29-May 20: Visit the Reading Room to discuss art by John Howe, Alan Lee, Ted Nasmith and others, including Tolkien himself.

Feb. 19-25: The Hobbit.

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Feb 21 2007, 5:44am

Post #6 of 16 (689 views)
Shortcut
Of course... [In reply to] Can't Post

that was yesterday that I really thought I had knocked it off the board. But afterward, I saw it was still there and I did respond to her.

Also, when I woke up this morning, I had the brain storm of combining some of my posts. yesterday, all except the last post, were posted as single images in each post.

You know how when sometimes really good ideas come right after you wake up. It hit me that I did not have to leave all those that way. as long as they were not responded to, I could copy-paste them into other posts then delete them, which I did...pretty cool, this edit feature. So, I ended up deleting 3 or 4 posts.

I can even fix some of my typos if i care to. Marvelous, simply marvelous.

Websites Directory, my drawings,
Aloha & Mahalo

(This post was edited by Daughter of Nienna on Feb 21 2007, 5:51am)

Annael
Immortal

Feb 22 2007, 4:24pm

Post #7 of 16 (674 views)
Shortcut
You could also [In reply to] Can't Post

put new pics in a reply in an existing post of yours here. It would be nice to have one thread of your stuff, one thread of Ainu Laire's, etc. That way we could look at all of each artist's pics at once instead of opening several threads, and they'd all stay current on the boards. Just a thought.

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Feb 22 2007, 6:13pm

Post #8 of 16 (712 views)
Shortcut
That is a thought [In reply to] Can't Post

I was so excited about just being able to post my art, that is getting past all the technical hardships I was having in the process... I did not think to plan it out. I just wanted to get on with the long list of RL stuff waiting for me.

Unfortunately, I deleted as many threads, already as I could. I consolidated as many as could since several were responded to. I guess I have to just leave it. But it is a thought for the future.
If I had been really thinking it out. I would not have posted it all at one time in there first place.

Alas! I don't have iny more that I want to post to keep me coming back....till I do more Tolkien art. that will not be for a while.

humorous note: I am editing my typos, and the spell-checker suggestions for Tolkien are: Talking, Telecommunication, Telecommunications. Smile

Websites Directory, my drawings,Aloha & Mahalo

(This post was edited by Daughter of Nienna on Feb 22 2007, 6:18pm)

elvenhobbit
Rohan

Feb 22 2007, 8:17pm

Post #9 of 16 (671 views)
Shortcut
you have talent m'dear... [In reply to] Can't Post

these are superb.

*wish i could draw like this*...Wink

-e_H-

Elven by name, Hobbit by nature

'Road lead ever on and on
down from the door where it began
now far ahead the road has gone
down from where all began' -FOTR-

and through all the world has changed
the ages come and go with time
and yet those remain unchanged
unto they journey westward
over the sea...

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Feb 22 2007, 8:48pm

Post #10 of 16 (673 views)
Shortcut
do you do art? [In reply to] Can't Post

have any to share?

Websites Directory, my drawings,Aloha & Mahalo

elvenhobbit
Rohan

Feb 23 2007, 9:03pm

Post #11 of 16 (682 views)
Shortcut
unfortunately not, but i do poems... [In reply to] Can't Post

Elven by name, Hobbit by nature

'Road lead ever on and on
down from the door where it began
now far ahead the road has gone
down from where all began' -FOTR-

and through all the world has changed
the ages come and go with time
and yet those remain unchanged
unto they journey westward
over the sea...

White Gull
Lorien

Mar 5 2007, 7:02pm

Post #12 of 16 (679 views)
Shortcut
*Dies* *Is dead*// [In reply to] Can't Post

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Mar 6 2007, 2:15am

Post #13 of 16 (645 views)
Shortcut
Uuh? I'm perplexed [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess I dont know enough Internet jargon to know what you mean.

Websites Directory, my drawings, Aloha & Mahalo

Nienna: “those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

White Gull
Lorien

Mar 6 2007, 4:29am

Post #14 of 16 (661 views)
Shortcut
Your drawing [In reply to] Can't Post

bowled me over. (Like I died and went to heaven.) It's stunning. Thank you for posting it.

WG

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Mar 6 2007, 7:34am

Post #15 of 16 (643 views)
Shortcut
Mahalo for you high praise [In reply to] Can't Post

I can be quite dense at time, but I do have my moments Angelic
DoN

Websites Directory, my drawings, Aloha & Mahalo

Nienna: “those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

Goldie Took
The Shire

Mar 6 2007, 2:59pm

Post #16 of 16 (700 views)
Shortcut
these are lovely! [In reply to] Can't Post

the first one,oh those eyes!

and the tree bark is amazing in number 2, you attention to detail is wonderful!

and the last one *sob* just beautiful

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.