Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Eowyn Horse Maiden and Eowyn's Heart (moved here)

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Feb 20 2007, 6:04am

Post #1 of 12 (3185 views)
Shortcut
Eowyn Horse Maiden and Eowyn's Heart (moved here) Can't Post

Eowyn Horse Maiden

Eowyns Heart

Nienna: “ those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

(This post was edited by Daughter of Nienna on Feb 20 2007, 6:56pm)

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Feb 20 2007, 3:54pm

Post #2 of 12 (2565 views)
Shortcut
Ooh, I love this one! (nt) [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
Chance Meeting at Rivendell: a Tolkien Fanfic
and some other stuff I wrote...
leleni at hotmail dot com

Goldie Took
The Shire

Mar 4 2007, 10:19pm

Post #3 of 12 (2553 views)
Shortcut
amazing! [In reply to] Can't Post

you have an amazing ability to capture likeness, and expression, lovely images!

bearagorn
Lorien

Jul 19 2008, 9:43am

Post #4 of 12 (2529 views)
Shortcut
Excellent! [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Jul 19 2008, 7:59pm

Post #5 of 12 (2570 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

When I look at tis one, it always reminds me of me when I was younger. can't pinpoint what it is. It happens when I first turn my head to look at it... kind of a deja vu sort of thing. Then I absorb that it's Eowyn and lose what it is.

**Tribute: Lt. J.G. Robert Sterling, WWII Pilot MIA, by Gramma & DoN**
Art Gallery Revised, Aloha & Mahalo, Websites Directory

Nienna: “those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

Finduilas
Bree

Nov 20 2010, 3:26am

Post #6 of 12 (2524 views)
Shortcut
once drew also [In reply to] Can't Post

i love both pics! i once drew the " Eowyn Horse Maiden" pic, but i screwed up her eye; pretty sad. excellent job on the hair. hair has always been a struggle for me, especially blond hair.

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Nov 20 2010, 9:48pm

Post #7 of 12 (2509 views)
Shortcut
hair [In reply to] Can't Post

There's a trick to blond hair... all hair really, In one word: ERASER. I use the kind of eraser that comes in one of those push-up contraptions. Then I use and Exacto blade to angle it to a fine edge/point.

Erasers are not just for mistakes, they are a fro-real drawing tool.

To do hair, I layer: pencil... smudge tool... eraser... keep layering till I get the look and feel of the hair.

With blond hair: you need to make the background darker than the hair to start. Then do the same layering trick as above, only, more eraser. But of course, you have to be careful not to take too much away, then you're back to the beginning. It is tricky, but with practice, you'll get it.

Stump shading tool:
http://books.google.com/...#v=onepage&q&f=false

In Reply To

Posting Flat Mode vs. Threaded Mode
Art Gallery Revised, Meaning of Aloha, What does Aloha mean, Websites Directory

Nienna: “those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

Finduilas
Bree

Nov 20 2010, 11:36pm

Post #8 of 12 (2525 views)
Shortcut
thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the tip! I never thought of using an eraser to actually create. I'll have to do that.

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Nov 21 2010, 4:23am

Post #9 of 12 (2491 views)
Shortcut
also... [In reply to] Can't Post

I study the original image the determine what the lower layers of hair look like under the surface, create that, then do the middle layers, the the top layers of the hair, beard.

Check out my Gandalf image (footer), larger version here somewhere.

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Nov 21 2010, 4:26am

Post #10 of 12 (2512 views)
Shortcut
link inside [In reply to] Can't Post

http://newboards.theonering.net/...string=Gandalf;#2099

Finduilas
Bree

Nov 21 2010, 9:55pm

Post #11 of 12 (2556 views)
Shortcut
very [In reply to] Can't Post

very realistic. how long did it take ya?Smile

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Nov 22 2010, 7:34am

Post #12 of 12 (2751 views)
Shortcut
I did . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

that drawing a few years ago. Can't remember how long it took me.

I can't do any of my image in one sitting. They take me hours and days. I'd say, 3-5 days interrupted time (doing life on breaks).

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.