The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
LotR Monopoly?

.Ithilwen.
Rivendell

Aug 16 2009, 2:00am

Post #1 of 12 (1223 views)
Shortcut
LotR Monopoly? Can't Post

I just ordered mine off ebay. Very exciting!
Anyone who's played it...How is it?

I find normal Monopoly to be kinda boring.
I'm hoping this will keep my impatient scatter-brained mind entertained Smile

Live...Love...ROCK!
\m/

9500 words (and growing!) of pure fandom:
http://www.lotrfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=12544

LordotRings93
Rohan

Aug 16 2009, 4:06am

Post #2 of 12 (1120 views)
Shortcut
Didn't know there was a LOTR monopoly [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds cool! I have Star Wars The Clone Wars monopoly, and I agree, regular monoploy is boring. Laugh

The HUGEST Lord of the Rings fan ever!
Owner of all Lord of the Rings merchandise.
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

CAhobbit
Rohan

Aug 16 2009, 8:25am

Post #3 of 12 (1100 views)
Shortcut
I have it, and have played it.... [In reply to] Can't Post

It was ok. I've never been a huge monopoly fan but had to have this since it was LOTR related, ha! It's a nice twist on the classic game. Enjoy!

Do not meddle in the affairs of hobbits for we can bite your kneecaps off!

House Stark

CAhobbit's flickr page

CAhobbit's myspace

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Aug 16 2009, 11:18am

Post #4 of 12 (1116 views)
Shortcut
It's the only Monopoly I play now. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's sorta fun to call out "buying Mordor for 400 bucks". In the game it's called "power", but we just call it money...

The Ring is also a lot of fun to play with, though we never use it as a stopping point. We just stop when we're bored, which usually happens when one person is dominating the world, hehe.

My LiveJournal ~ My artwork and photography ~ My LOTR fan fiction

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Patty
Immortal

Aug 16 2009, 7:04pm

Post #5 of 12 (1084 views)
Shortcut
I have this set... [In reply to] Can't Post

but have only played a couple of times.

Permanent address: Into the West

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Aug 16 2009, 7:07pm

Post #6 of 12 (1079 views)
Shortcut
I've got it [In reply to] Can't Post

Though we don't play it much anymore. Apparently I was "too aggressive" when we used to play it! Angelic

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 17 2009, 2:27pm

Post #7 of 12 (1060 views)
Shortcut
There are lots of LotR games :) [In reply to] Can't Post

that I've accumulated including Monopoly. It always makes my kids/family shake their heads in disbelief since I don't really care to play board games ;)

Chess Set FotR Pewter & Bronze Effect
Checker Game
Risk
Dominos
Trivial Pursuit & Trivial Pursuit w/dvd
FotR Playing cards in tin
Backgammon (wooden case)
Playstation with RotK & FotR/TT games
Game Boy Advance LotR Two Towers game and other online/video games ;)

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."
~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

Alicia
Lorien

Aug 18 2009, 2:32am

Post #8 of 12 (1050 views)
Shortcut
I have it [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't actually play it much, 'cuz I'm not a big Monopoly fan, but I had to have it 'cuz it's LoTR. I much prefer the LoTR Trivial Pursuit. Cool
-Alicia

Altaira
Superuser

Aug 18 2009, 3:02am

Post #9 of 12 (1068 views)
Shortcut
Ahhh, you're one of 'those players' [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd love to be a spectator watching you and my BG play.

He and I sat down the evening we bought the LOTR Monopoly game to play what I thought was going to be a laid-back session of reacquainting ourselves with Monopoly via Middle-earth. Less than 45 minutes later I was completely bankrupt with no hope of making the least little move without going further into debt from paying exhorbitant rents to my ruthless better half, lol. PirateLaugh

Needless to say, we haven't played since. I prefer to play something where I at least have a chance. WinkLaugh

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Aug 18 2009, 4:17am

Post #10 of 12 (1064 views)
Shortcut
We're called "sharks". =) [In reply to] Can't Post

At regular Monopoly, that is. My LotR version is still unopened.

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Aug 18 2009, 6:29pm

Post #11 of 12 (1040 views)
Shortcut
I would never play Monopoly with Ugly Troll, even LOTR-style. [In reply to] Can't Post

Or Risk. I like him too much. :o)

We bought the LOTR Trivial Pursuit but only played it once or twice. IIRC the answers weren’t always accurate.

The only board game I do play with him is the occasional game of Scrabble. Even then, he complains through the thing that I’m going to beat him, even though he’s usually ahead through most of the game. I don’t think I’ve ever won against him, either. *rolls eyes*

~~~~~~~~

The TORNsib formerly known as Galadriel.

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Aug 18 2009, 7:16pm

Post #12 of 12 (1108 views)
Shortcut
I'm afraid the term "laid-back" isn't in my Monopoly dictionary!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be the first to admit I get a bit carried away with most board games. I'm not sure why. I start off with the best of intentions, and it quickly descends into madness! Tongue

Neil stopped playing with me for the same reasons you stopped playing with BG. Though he also said I got a little too vocal! Think I frightened him, lol.Blush

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.