was this too much

weathertop
Rohan

Aug 11 2009, 2:20pm

Post #1 of 8 (303 views)
Shortcut
was this too much Can't Post

of a direct poke?

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Aug 11 2009, 7:23pm)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 11 2009, 7:22pm

Post #2 of 8 (329 views)
Shortcut
If you think it is, [In reply to] Can't Post

then it probably is. I'll edit it out.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

weathertop
Rohan

Aug 11 2009, 9:14pm

Post #3 of 8 (234 views)
Shortcut
i didn't think it was... [In reply to] Can't Post

was just asking you (and others). i was sort of intentionally doing a bit of...prodding...to see if we could figure out where modhmoron was coming from. i don't think there's a good feel for how to take them yet. tends to happen when someone is first met. is their form of sarcasm just that, or is there more to it. plainly this poster is a bit of an enygma yet.

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 11 2009, 9:24pm

Post #4 of 8 (267 views)
Shortcut
I believe you were in error [In reply to] Can't Post

The person you sarcastically replied to was not modhmoron but Morthoron.

Morthoron has been a member of these boards for over a year.

LOTR soundtrack website : TTT Lyrics Update May 09
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

weaver
Half-elven

Aug 12 2009, 3:44am

Post #5 of 8 (227 views)
Shortcut
see this post for some clarification... [In reply to] Can't Post

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=208320;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_expanded;

The LOTR movie post was intended as satire, but it was really hard to know at first glance, I agree, especially in contrast with the other remarks the poster made!

Weaver

weathertop
Rohan

Aug 12 2009, 5:05am

Post #6 of 8 (186 views)
Shortcut
oh heck... [In reply to] Can't Post

good thing it worked out the way it did then...

thanks for pointing that out Magpie!!

weathertop
Rohan

Aug 12 2009, 5:07am

Post #7 of 8 (214 views)
Shortcut
saw those after i posted [In reply to] Can't Post

meh we all make mistakes. i've been known for years as 'digger' as i've dug myself a few holes, somehow to dig myself right back out of them. personally i've just called it a strain of the foot in mouth disease!!

weaver
Half-elven

Aug 13 2009, 7:15pm

Post #8 of 8 (224 views)
Shortcut
**Admin alert on this one...** [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't want to feed a troll here, so I'm biting my tongue in terms of replying...but would appreciate it if an admin would check this one out, as I think it crosses the line...

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=208590;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_expanded;

Thanks...

Weaver

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.