Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
URGENT ----> More Radio City Hotel Rooms are available at the special concert rate!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 4 2009, 7:50pm

Post #1 of 41 (681 views)
Shortcut
URGENT ----> More Radio City Hotel Rooms are available at the special concert rate! Can't Post

I contacted Wendy at CAMI yesterday a.m. to let her know Friday was sold out at the concert rate of $179/night, and she's come through for us again!

Follow the link to make your reservation: http://www.reztrip.com/...3%26code2%3D10760107

or call 1-800-346-1359. (update to the update: Wendy says making your reservations online is better as there are more rooms available using that option).

(I figured this was too important to get lost in the sticky discussion. Also, I'll be posting a separate summary of all up-to-date useful information soon. Look for it at the top of the board next to the Radio City discussion sticky). Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

(This post was edited by Altaira on Aug 8 2009, 5:37pm)

Tamara
Rivendell

Aug 4 2009, 8:31pm

Post #2 of 41 (350 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Fantastic work Altaira!

I couldn't get the double beds (4 people) size for Thurs & Sunday, but I was able to get a King size single (so I can share with one other ringer on those days, if needed) to supplement the space I found with Lith/Overlithe for Friday & Saturday.

I am now set for Thursday-Sunday, so I can book my flight.

BTW, When I called the 800 number they couldn't offer me the rate when I hit "1" for new reservations. The operator told me to press "5" instead at the main menu for "in house" deals. So, just in case you are calling, try the 5 first for the LOTR deal which was almost $200 cheaper per night.
---Tamara

Being a Steward of Harvard is almost as good as being Steward of Gondor, but I'm headed for Minas Tirith (New Zealand) in 2011!

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 4 2009, 8:40pm

Post #3 of 41 (334 views)
Shortcut
Yes - online reservations are best [In reply to] Can't Post

I just updated my update with that info. LaughSmile

I'm so glad things worked out for you. And, don't thank me, thank Wendy (who I'm sure will be around to thank that weekend).

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Radhruin
Rohan

Aug 4 2009, 11:13pm

Post #4 of 41 (357 views)
Shortcut
Arrggh [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks like Friday is already sold out again? :( I called the 800 number, but the in-house reservation department had just closed. Gosh darn, I wish I had checked my email earlier today!

"Too many times we've been postally pipped
We've loaded the saddles, the mickeys are slipped
We're swapping the turf for the sand and the surf and the sin
'Cause the fix, the fix is in..."

~Elbow

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 5 2009, 12:26pm

Post #5 of 41 (315 views)
Shortcut
Friday is still available! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just went to the reztrip site (see above post) and it's still available. Try again and, like Wendy suggested, make your reservation over the internet, not by phone. There's more availability. (I'll PM you too in case you're not watching this thread) Smile

TORn Calendar

Radhruin
Rohan

Aug 5 2009, 3:54pm

Post #6 of 41 (351 views)
Shortcut
It still says sold out for me. [In reply to] Can't Post

I did finally get a hold of the in house reservations on the phone and they confirmed that the special rate rooms were sold out for Friday night. Regular rate is $375. Ouch! ;)

I'll keep checking here though, in case something changes, and thanks for your help!!

Radhruin

~Elbow

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 6 2009, 3:35am

Post #7 of 41 (311 views)
Shortcut
I've figured out that it depends on the range of days you plug in [In reply to] Can't Post

Other people are having similar problems and I figured out that it depends on the range of days you search on. For example, if I search for a room from Thurs-Sun, all the days show as available. If I search for just Fri-Sat, Friday shows as sold out. Frown Similarly, searching on just Saturday returns an error message.

I just emailed Wendy to let her know to pass that info on to the hotel. I'll let everyone know as soon as the problem is solved (hopefully sooner than later). Smile

TORn Calendar

Radhruin
Rohan

Aug 6 2009, 3:52am

Post #8 of 41 (332 views)
Shortcut
Ah! I see. [In reply to] Can't Post

I tried Thursday-Sunday and that comes up as available, like you said. Just not Friday-Sunday. :) I'm checking in here very often, so hopefully I'll catch any updates. Thanks again for all the help for an 'ol procrastinator like myself. :)

~Elbow

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 6 2009, 3:09pm

Post #9 of 41 (407 views)
Shortcut
Here's someone you can contact directly at the Hotel [In reply to] Can't Post

His name is Marty Grant: mgrant@highgateholdings.com

I contacted Wendy and she contacted him, and he agreed to handle the reservations personally until the glitches on the site are fixed.

When you email him initially, let him know your full real name, and what nights you want to stay (i.e. Friday and Saturday night, checkiing out Sunday). He'll take it from there. It would also be a good idea to give him a phone number (or two) where you can be contacted to expedite the process.

Oh, and be sure to thank him profusely! Smile

TORn Calendar

Radhruin
Rohan

Aug 7 2009, 4:20am

Post #10 of 41 (373 views)
Shortcut
Online reservations are working now [In reply to] Can't Post

for those who needed a room for only Friday and Saturday. :)

Thank you so much Altaira for all the work you did in getting the confusion settled. I've got my room reserved! Hooray! Now I just need to get my flight settled and most of all, keep saving the pennies to be able to afford this! It's a pricey venture, but I think it will be more than worth it! $179 a night for a hotel in New York is more than reasonable though. So cool.

Thanks again for all the help.

Radhruin

~Elbow

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 7 2009, 3:44pm

Post #11 of 41 (358 views)
Shortcut
I am so relieved [In reply to] Can't Post

I was worried you might not make it if the rooming proved difficult. I'm sorry to hear we're not flying out together (we're leaving Thursday) but maybe we are for Sunday's return trip. We should talk.

LOTR soundtrack website : TTT Lyrics Update May 09
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Serafina

Aug 10 2009, 11:53am

Post #12 of 41 (415 views)
Shortcut
Newbie to boards,,Oldie at Barli's....Questions re Radio City event [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi I'm wondering if there's any chance of finding a seat in handicapped area at RCMH,if anyone has asked about this.. I would love to go, but as yet do not have tickets,a hotel room, nor train reservations..travelling alone..Just recently found out there was a huge TORn constituent attending. ( I'll have to use my Mom's comp to try to get reservations today as mine is old and I'm on dial-up). (weep for me) javascript: addTag('sorry') (Does anyone know someone safe from TORn that wants to share a room?)Thanks for any info..will be reading the thread today as well .Hope to be able to attend,and I'd love to meet some fellow TORn friends....it sounds like a blast. Hope I'm not too late.......Serafina

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 12 2009, 1:20am

Post #13 of 41 (294 views)
Shortcut
Welcome Serafina! [In reply to] Can't Post

You're definitely not too late! Glad you heard about the events and came here to pay us a visit. Smile

I checked out the detailed seating chart for Radio City (link also available in the "Offical Radio City Info" sticky post at the top of this board for future reference). According to the legend, all the seats with double boxes around them are wheelchair accessible:

http://www.radiocity.com/...al/radio_seating.pdf

I also checked out the Radio City FAQ which cites a special number to call, as well as other disabled services (copied below).

As far as roomates go, there are several people who've expressed an interest in sharing rooms. I'm going to start a separate sub-thread for it now under this post (so it's easier to follow than putting it in the existing discussion thread). I'm not going to sticky it, but will add a link to it in the Official Info thread in case it drops off of Page one of this board.

Welcome to the message boards and I hope you can make it!
Disabled Services
  • Disabled Services Tickets
    Radio City Music Hall provides disabled accommodations and sells tickets to disabled individuals through our Disabled Services department, which may be reached at 212-465-6115, any weekday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Guests in need of disabled accommodations may also purchase tickets through TicketMaster (by calling 212-307-1000 or through Ticketmaster.com).
  • Companion Tickets
    At a minimum, based upon availability, you will be permitted to purchase tickets for you and one guest beside you. You may also purchase tickets based upon availability for additional guests in close proximity to our wheelchair sections.
  • Ticket Refunds
    Tickets for events at Radio City Music Hall are sold on a non-refundable and non-exchangeable basis, however, if you are unable to attend an event, please contact the Disabled Services department prior to the event taking place for further instructions.
  • Wheelchairs
    For individuals who have limited mobility, we can provide a wheelchair to transport guests from our Main Lobby to your seats. Upon arriving at Radio City Music Hall, please ask a Guest Relations staff member for assistance. Please be aware that our staff will not remain with the patron during the event, nor will they allow the guest to remain in the wheelchair for the duration of the event.
  • Elevators
    A bank of four elevators is located on the left side at the North end of the Grand Foyer. These elevators will take you up to the First, Second, and Third Mezzanine levels and down to the Grand Lounge. Our staff is available to assist you, whenever possible.
  • Seat Relocation
    If you are a wheelchair user and obtain non-accessible tickets, please call the Disabled Services department in order to be relocated, whenever possible, to a designated wheelchair location. We do, however, encourage you to utilize our services when purchasing tickets, so that we may better assist you.
  • Temporary Disabilities
    If you have a temporary disability/injury and you have already purchased tickets to an event, please call the Disabled Services department and we will make the necessary arrangements for you to attend the event in a comfortable and enjoyable manner. When calling, please have the event, date, section, row, and seat available.

TORn Calendar

(This post was edited by Altaira on Aug 12 2009, 1:21am)

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 12 2009, 1:23am

Post #14 of 41 (441 views)
Shortcut
---> Radio City Roomate Sub-thread [In reply to] Can't Post

If you're interested in sharing a room for the Radio City events, let people know via this sub-thread and/or send a PM to others who post here. Smile

TORn Calendar

(This post was edited by Altaira on Aug 12 2009, 2:21am)

Serafina

Aug 12 2009, 9:02am

Post #15 of 41 (293 views)
Shortcut
re Too Late? Handicapped Seating [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, Altaira. I have not checked w Radio City..I should be able to walk but if pain is too bad may need their wheelchair service from guest services to seating..if they still have seating..have not felt well today so have not called yet. Thanks again for all your help. Hope I can make it . I would LOVE to hear Howard Shore's music live! And getting to meet some friends from TORn would be great as well. Serafina

gkgyver
Bree

Aug 13 2009, 1:09am

Post #16 of 41 (266 views)
Shortcut
Tax [In reply to] Can't Post

Is that room rate of 179 including taxes?

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 13 2009, 3:30am

Post #17 of 41 (265 views)
Shortcut
no [In reply to] Can't Post

the extra charges for three nights (don't know how if one night is one third this..)

NYC Javit's Center Tax: $4.50
NYC Occupancy Tax: $6.00
New York State Sales Tax: $45.00
NY City Sales Tax: $31.58

ElanorTX
Grey Havens

Aug 13 2009, 11:59am

Post #18 of 41 (269 views)
Shortcut
Let's do it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Serafina,

I'm disabled too - sometimes use a walker. I hadn't planned on going because of the logistics but would be glad to share a room and sit together. We can go Dutch on costs. You can ask Menelwyn, Laerasea, or L. Ron if I'm sane and safe ~ they have met me in person.

I see doctors Thurs and Friday and will ask for an OK. Hope I can get a direct flight. Please PM me to work out details.

Also, a.s. is going to the weekend but not to the concert; she has to take things easy too. We'll have people to do things with. Any other TORn folk attending who prefer life in the slow lane?

ElanorTX

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

(This post was edited by ElanorTX on Aug 13 2009, 12:03pm)

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 13 2009, 12:12pm

Post #19 of 41 (265 views)
Shortcut
haha... you won't believe what I just misread [In reply to] Can't Post

You can ask Menelwyn, Laerasea, or L. Ron if I'm sane and safe ~ they have met me in person.

I read it as 'they have met me in prison'.

I don't know how slow I'll take things. But I do get overwhelmed by to much to do and I don't do well in crowded noisy places. So we may opt out of some social opportunities for quieter moments. I am dividing time between TORn and the followers of Doug's blog so it's harder to know what I'll be up to. But I think there are probably more than me that likes it quiet once in awhile.

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 13 2009, 8:01pm

Post #20 of 41 (246 views)
Shortcut
Oh my [In reply to] Can't Post

there you made my laugh out loud, "in prison", oh well, you can probably make great friends there Wink.

But please do come over to one of the TORn-moots. I would just love to meet you in real life. But now I'm thinking of it, I'm only one row behind you in Radio City Music Hall, so if it doesn't work out on a moot, we can meet there.

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 13 2009, 8:28pm

Post #21 of 41 (227 views)
Shortcut
Oh, I'll be around. [In reply to] Can't Post

For sure. I just don't know if I can 'afford' downtime with all the people I hope to connect with! But I sure do love a quiet moment.

weathertop
Lorien

Aug 13 2009, 9:13pm

Post #22 of 41 (233 views)
Shortcut
there can be 'down time' [In reply to] Can't Post

at a cozy and quiet little bar or something (need not be alcohol bar either; tea bar, chess bar - well no too quiet there, etc)...where more than just a couple ppl can fit

personally thats the kind of moots i'd be lookin for; all those other distractions (sightseeing, etc) detract from me getting to know sibs!

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 13 2009, 10:24pm

Post #23 of 41 (218 views)
Shortcut
I guess what I'm saying [In reply to] Can't Post

is only in regard to me. I need to make time for various groups of people from different online homes. Not all the people I'm meeting are from TORn. You guys might be finding downtime with a few TORnsibs in a quite place. I might be off trying to connect with people not from TORn. When I'm with the same people all weekend, I don't mind finding some down time. When I have to connect three different groups of people, I don't know that I have the luxury to take time off. I need to meet when people *can* meet.

I suspect I'll survive. :^) I'll sleep on the plane ride home.

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Aug 13 2009, 10:30pm

Post #24 of 41 (255 views)
Shortcut
Good grief. [In reply to] Can't Post

Donít get me started on hotel taxes (my line of work)!

*mumbles something about taxation without representation*

~~~~~~~~

The TORNsib formerly known as Galadriel.

a.s.
Valinor

Aug 14 2009, 12:48am

Post #25 of 41 (259 views)
Shortcut
yeah, I'll be lounging around, LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

I just don't think I can do RCMH, but that doesn't mean I need "quiet" or that I don't love a crowd (of Tornsibs, anyway)!!

And I'm not "suffering" or "stiff upper lip" about this, guys. I am just passing on RCMH mostly because it is just too much for me at this time, I won't enjoy trying to "keep up" and would rather not try. The decision to skip RCMH, in other words, has nothing to do with the accommodations at RCMH or with the kindness that other Tornsibs demonstrate to those of us who walk very slowly (as I know from personal experience!). I just plain don't think I want to go, it's too much.

But I can NOT MISS the opportunity to hang around Tornfolk, even late at the bar.

Or early at the bar, for that matter.

Cool

I think if seating and accessibility is the issue, RCMH can more than accommodate anyone, so don't let that stop you, any of you, from going if you want to.

a.s.

"an seileachan"

Pooh began to feel a little more comfortable, because when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.