Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Interviewees for Tolkien bachelor's thesis wanted

walhalla

Jul 27 2009, 9:02pm

Post #1 of 3 (162 views)
Shortcut
Interviewees for Tolkien bachelor's thesis wanted Can't Post

Hello everyone,
my name is Mirja, I'm 27 and from Germany. Being a huge Tolkien and especially Lord of the Rings fan myself, I decided to write my Bachelor's thesis on this topic.
Soon it became clear that I wanted to lay the emphasis on the effect Tolkien and his work may have on the everyday life of people who not only have read the books and/or have seen the movies, but also have grown fond of Middle Earth and its habitants in a way and maybe even import values or elements of Middle Earth into their own lives.
And this is where I would like to ask you for help. For research purposes I would like to interview about 5 to 10 people from Tolkien and Lord of the Rings forums, for example on what fascinates you precisely about Middle Earth and the Lord of the Rings. The only prerequisites are that the interviewees consider themselves fans of Tolkien and Middle Earth, and that they are from the U.S., as I am majoring in North American Studies and the Tolkien fan society in North America appears to be particularly big and thus is going to be the focus of my research.
The interviews I would like to conduct via either email or Skype, and it shouldn't take longer than an hour or so. If you are interested in participating or have any further questions, please contact me via PM or email! Thanks a lot, your help will be much appreciated!
Greetings from Berlin
Mirja

Glaurung63
Lorien

Jul 27 2009, 10:23pm

Post #2 of 3 (109 views)
Shortcut
thesis interview [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Mirja, my name is Lincoln and I'd love to contribute to your thesis....am 45, been a fan of the books since grade school, love the movies, and Tolkien has had a profound effect on my life, invovlving philosophy, music and art, nature conservation, choice of employment, vacations,etc.

Let me know details, its easiest for me to use email-
Peace
Lincoln (Glaurung63)

AnnaEstel
The Shire

Jul 28 2009, 1:43pm

Post #3 of 3 (120 views)
Shortcut
Interview [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd also love to participate! E-mail is also easiest for me. Tolkien has had a huge impact on my life. At about age 13 I decided that I'd love to name a first daughter Anna because it is Quenya for 'gift',--and I did! Not a day of my live passes that doesn't have LOTR in it somehow.

Galador khiluva mornie. Estel na illuve!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.