Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Walk to Rivendell....and beyond!

Finding Frodo
Tol Eressea

Jul 22 2009, 8:59pm

Post #1 of 4 (145 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell....and beyond! Can't Post

Hello fellow travelers! I hope your walks are going well. I'm going and going and going -- last week to Clear Lake (lovely but unseasonably cold and windy, though we managed a little swimming and one bike ride) and now I'm packing to go on a couple days of RAGBRAI, so that'll be a quick 100-some miles. No quote today, but it should involve a flight via eagle, because not even the Three Hunters will beat my mileage tomorrow! Where have you been walking? Anyone else covering a lot of ground? Have a great week, and tell us about it if you have time!

Donít forget to update your mileage on the Shields page. Be sure to keep a paper record of your miles, as there is always the potential for the
Shields page to crash (again). And see you in Rivendell!!!!

Explanatory note: The Eowyn Challenge/ Walk to Rivendell (and beyond) is a LOTR-related fitness walk thingy that began in March 2003, and that has been going on with walkers around the world ever since. The idea is to keep track of your mileage as you walk, and soon you will find yourself traversing the 458 miles to Rivendell. The walk is open to all. Keeping a goal date in mind can be useful for some, others are happy taking the scenic route and getting to Rivendell eventually. The website for the Walk explains things far more coherently than I can; please check out the link below, especially the main page and the Walk page. Lots of useful links, including wonderful mileage charts compiled by the late Karen Wynn Fonstad, can be found on the Tools page.

The TORn Walk to Rivendell thread can usually be found right here on Main, on Thursdays or Fridays.

Walk to Rivendell: http://www.eowynchallenge.net

Where's Frodo?

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 23 2009, 1:19am

Post #2 of 4 (86 views)
Shortcut
Howdy All! [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think I'll be able to catch up with Finding Frodo, fersher! But I'll definitely put some miles under my feet as I race around getting things ready for my g'kiddies' visit in a FEW WEEKS!!! I'm so excited! But I'm moving boxes and tubs of my daughter's "stuff" from the basement to the garage that I've been storing for about 5 years. They've been trying to get everything cleared out since their move, but there's only so much you can carry in a van :)

The weather's wet this week, but I LOVE walking in the rain!

Cheers to one and all... and I'll see ya on the road!!!

Thanks Finding Frodo. You're an AWESOME GUIDE!

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."
~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

bearagorn
Lorien

Jul 26 2009, 8:25am

Post #3 of 4 (83 views)
Shortcut
Hi Frodo. [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow that is some mileage. We have not done that much but we have finally come out of the Chetwood and are now on the edge of the Midgewater Marshes. I have a couple days off work then when i finish at the end of the week i have two weeks holiday and we hope to get a lot of walking in, aswell as some camping. The weather here is mostly wet at the moment but as we spent a good part of the week getting Bearwens classroom ready we have been inside a lot. Have a good week and take care.

The boys are back in town!!

(This post was edited by bearagorn on Jul 26 2009, 8:30am)

bearagorn
Lorien

Jul 26 2009, 8:29am

Post #4 of 4 (88 views)
Shortcut
Hi Gramma [In reply to] Can't Post

Busy as usual i see Smile. Good luck with the sorting out. Have a good week and take care.

The boys are back in town!!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.