Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Congratulations to Flight of the Conchords on their Emmy nominations!

deej
Tol Eressea

Jul 16 2009, 1:34pm

Post #1 of 11 (876 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations to Flight of the Conchords on their Emmy nominations! Can't Post

Their HBO series received a nod for Best Comedy Series, and Jemaine Clement received one for Best Actor in a Comedy Series. The awards ceremony will be shown here in the States on Sunday, September 20th on CBS.

"...and back again."

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 16 2009, 1:45pm

Post #2 of 11 (497 views)
Shortcut
ha! [In reply to] Can't Post

They just announced it on tv and I came here immediately to post it.

:-)

LOTR soundtrack website : TTT Lyrics Update May 09
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Eledhwen
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 16 2009, 2:32pm

Post #3 of 11 (491 views)
Shortcut
Sir Ian McKellen and Andy Serkis have also got nominations [In reply to] Can't Post

Sir Ian is nominated as outstanding lead actor in a miniseries or movie, for his Lear. Andy Serkis is nominated as outstanding supporting actor in a miniseries or movie, for playing Rigaud in the BBC's wonderful Little Dorrit.

Flight of the Conchords also has directing and writing nominations.

Where now the horse and the rider?

deej
Tol Eressea

Jul 16 2009, 2:33pm

Post #4 of 11 (478 views)
Shortcut
It's a slow day. :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I normally don't have time to post much anymore. Sorry I beat you to it, Magpie! Wink

"...and back again."

Annael
Half-elven

Jul 16 2009, 2:41pm

Post #5 of 11 (473 views)
Shortcut
I just ordered that from Netflix! [In reply to] Can't Post

Little Dorrit, I mean. Andy's also the villain in Inkheart, which somehow skipped the theaters near me but is a nice little fluffy fantasy movie about the power of books, not a great movie but not a total waste of time (especially when Paul Bettany is onscreen . . .)

I was not born to live a man's life, but to be the stuff of future memory. The fellowship was a brief beginning - a fair time that cannot be forgotten. And because it will not be forgotten, that fair time may come again. - Arthur (Nigel Terry) in "Excalibur"

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 16 2009, 5:13pm

Post #6 of 11 (471 views)
Shortcut
nah... [In reply to] Can't Post

It was only serendipitous that I actually heard it and was able to post. Most mornings I wouldn't have.

I actually thought it was pretty funny that you'd already heard it since it says so much about us, doesn't it? I also think it's great that we, in general, are so good about posting news of all sorts. In the Tolkien world (and the related things us Tolkien fans enjoy), this is a good place to keep current!

LOTR soundtrack website : TTT Lyrics Update May 09
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Eledhwen
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 16 2009, 8:44pm

Post #7 of 11 (457 views)
Shortcut
It's very good [In reply to] Can't Post

Matthew Macfadyen as Arthur Clennam is wonderful. The whole cast is wonderful actually. BBC period drama at its best.

Where now the horse and the rider?

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Jul 16 2009, 10:59pm

Post #8 of 11 (459 views)
Shortcut
How I Met Your Mother O.o [In reply to] Can't Post

But not Big Bang Theory?! Inconceivable! Jim Parsons is a genius himself. Glad to see he got a nod.

I donít watch Family Guy. I turned it on once out of curiosity, and they made a tasteless joke about cancer. This was around the time my father was dying of it.

Iíve never seen Flight of the Conchords, as we donít have HBO but would be interested to watch it some time. I wonder if my library has it on DVD.

~~~~~~~~

The TORNsib formerly known as Galadriel.

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Jul 17 2009, 5:14am

Post #9 of 11 (453 views)
Shortcut
Oh... [In reply to] Can't Post

Emmy, thou art a heartless b***h!

Seriously inconceivable. First "They" take away my Big Bang by taking away my analog TV signal, and now another "They" takes my boys' nomination and gives it to some lesser show *shakes head*. The mind boggles. I'll just have to try to console myself with more Sheldon dreams...

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 17 2009, 11:58am

Post #10 of 11 (439 views)
Shortcut
SYTYCD 4 noms [In reply to] Can't Post

I think there are a few SYTYCD fans here.

Outstanding Choreography

Bleeding Love - Tabitha and Napoleon D'umo, Choreographers (Chelsie & Mark, dancers)

Mercy - Mia Michaels, Choreographer (Twitch & Katee, dancers)

Adam and Eve / Silence - Tyce Diorio, Choreographer (Jessica & Will, dancers)

A Los Amigos - Dmitry Chaplin, Choreographer (Joshua & Chelsie, dancers)

Also... Bear McCreary was robbed.

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Jul 17 2009, 8:29pm

Post #11 of 11 (476 views)
Shortcut
Oh, yeah! [In reply to] Can't Post

We still talk about that unforgettable "Mercy" performance & choreography.
Dang everyone involved in this bait-and-switch digital transition $cheme! I want my networks back!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.