The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Last of the old stuff

Odonthe1st
The Shire

Jul 12 2009, 7:51am

Post #1 of 3 (848 views)
Shortcut
Last of the old stuff Can't Post

I was never too happy with the Elrond but it looks like he'll be back for the Hobbit so maybe I'll draw him again. Charcoal on Bristol paper.

More caricatures...sorry about all the caricatures but I've been doing them for 12 years at theme parks and events so I tend to have lots of them around. These were for a project that I never finished (life happened).

One hour Gouache paintings I did as practice for an "art competition" at a LotR convention in LA in 2005. Silly idea really, art is too subjective to pick winners and losers.

The elf was going to be Elrond but I lost the likeness and finished it anyway I think the other 2 are pretty obvious.

quick caricatures to capture likeness:

Gouache again but longer then one hour:

This might be all my old Tolkien-based art that I still have in my possession. I had a large portrait of Sam somewhere that never sold but I can't find it.

I'm busy untill the end of July then I'm going to do more Tolkien art -this time all from "The Hobbit".

Peace,

D

Art is Life

Idril Celebrindal
Tol Eressea

Jul 13 2009, 7:06pm

Post #2 of 3 (723 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

I like the caricatures. It's cool how you captured each character's look in just a few lines.

Art competitions always seemed pointless to me, too, because they're so subjective.

With caffeine, all things are possible.

The pity of Bilbo will screw up the fate of many.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tweezers of Thu
Rivendell

Jul 15 2009, 1:35am

Post #3 of 3 (771 views)
Shortcut
I bow to your greatness! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wonderful stuff, Odon! The caricatures are particularly good. Nice eye for anatomical detail and just the right exaggerations in the character's distinctive features. Looking forward to checking out more of your work.

Gothmog and Draugluin

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.