Grey Havens

Feb 20 2007, 3:20am

Post #1 of 7 (3979 views)
Shortcut
Grey Havens Farewell & Frodo at River Edge Can't Post

Frodo's Farewell to Sam

Frodo at River Edge

(I do love the edit feature!)

Nienna: “ those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

(This post was edited by Daughter of Nienna on Feb 20 2007, 7:10pm)

Altaira
Superuser

Feb 20 2007, 5:21am

Post #2 of 7 (3266 views)
Shortcut
Another excellent study of their expressions [In reply to] Can't Post

Frodo is so calm and Sam so emotional. Great work! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the boards that are given to us"

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

linkin-artelf
Lorien

Feb 20 2007, 5:43am

Post #3 of 7 (3272 views)
Shortcut
Lovely [In reply to] Can't Post

Except for the Jay Leno chin Evil I applaud your technical skill and your ability to capture the emotion of the scene superbly.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"I walk along the shore and I gaze
At the light that radiates down
Will it travel forth to you
Far across this shimmering sea?"
formerly linkinparkelf

Patty
Immortal

Feb 21 2007, 11:28pm

Post #4 of 7 (3250 views)
Shortcut
Excellent [In reply to] Can't Post

you are very talented. Do you do any placescapes? Like Rivendell? I know, I know--I'm probably an annoyance with my fascination with elven realms.

Lord Peter Wimsey's Main Squeeze

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Feb 22 2007, 1:09am

Post #5 of 7 (3360 views)
Shortcut
place scapes [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't gotten to them yet. Oh, wait I do have one, and it takes place in Rivnedell. I forgot to post it, next week maybe.

But basically, I started to doing characters for my Tolkien friends as gifts. I belong to the Honnolulu branch of the Tolkien Society. We celebrate each other birhdays. I give my drawings for presents. I have not even finished teh fellowship yet. I have had several requests ofor Gollum. so my next drawings will be: Golum, Pipin, Arwen, Merry, Théoden....

I have some comissioned work, non-Tolkien related. Plus I do other kinds of artistic endeavors. Basically, whenever I get to it. I don't think I will be doiong landscapes anytime soon. I like song portraits.

Websites Directory, my drawings,Aloha & Mahalo

Nienna: “ those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

Finduilas
Bree

Nov 20 2010, 3:17am

Post #6 of 7 (3214 views)
Shortcut
wow [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow! amazing work!

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Nov 20 2010, 9:52pm

Post #7 of 7 (3597 views)
Shortcut
I drew these for gifts [In reply to] Can't Post

One of my Tolkien friends is a a big fan of Frodo. I asked her what scenes were her favorites. These two were on the list.

Posting Flat Mode vs. Threaded Mode
Art Gallery Revised, Meaning of Aloha, What does Aloha mean, Websites Directory

Nienna: “those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.