The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
TORn officially announced as part of Comic-Con programming

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Jul 9 2009, 11:43pm

Post #1 of 17 (1305 views)
Shortcut
TORn officially announced as part of Comic-Con programming Can't Post

Richard Taylor will be speaking as well on Thursday, July 23, 10:30 a.m., room 7AB.

Read all the details below in a reprint of the article from the front page:

It is official, TheOneRing.net has been officially invited to present a panel at the 2009 edition of Comic-Con in San Diego on its first day of programming, Thursday, July 23 at 10:30 a.m. in room 7AB. That great news gets even better because we can announce that Weta’s own Richard Taylor is very likely to join in!
The official announcement (found on Thursday’s programming page), says the following: TheOneRing.net: The Hobbit— With Middle-earth returning to the big screen in December 2011, TheOneRing.net will take you behind the scenes of the latest news, announcements, and rumors pertaining to the Peter Jackson and Guillermo del Toro production of The Hobbit. Chris Pirrotta, Larry Curtis, Cliff Broadway, and others from TheOneRing.net crew offer this early look at making The Hobbit happen! Room 7AB.
But the folks at Weta were eager to speak to fans as well and Taylor accepted the invitation from TORn to come and speak to fans. While the head of one of the best special effects houses in the world will have plenty to say, he will not be able to join the TORn staff while we speculate about “The Hobbit.” He will however update us on what Weta has been up to, including realms not in Middle-earth.
Last year’s TORn panel turned away, by modest estimates, over 400 people and one disgruntled fan was so angry he was taken away by police officers, so get there early TORn readers.
Expect regular updates here before now and the start of Comic-Con about where to buy the exclusive TheOneRing.net shirts, what other LOTR and Hobbit-related people and events will be on hand and check back during the week of one of the biggest pop-culture events in the world for regular updates.

I have no choice but to believe in free will.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

(This post was edited by MrCere on Jul 9 2009, 11:45pm)

Elven
Valinor

Jul 10 2009, 12:03am

Post #2 of 17 (548 views)
Shortcut
YAY!! Go you good thing! ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Congratulations tORN! ... so CC saw the error of their ways huh? Wink
I soooo wish I was going!
Are you going to video it?
I cant wait to hear what you guys come up with.

Good luck and have a great time!

Cheers
Elven x

Swishtail.

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

Avatar: Liberace - The other Lord of the Rings.

Quote of The Week: The thing is I always write in the morning, and I know that if I go to the Net I won’t write ... you can start in the most scholarly website and end up at Paris Hilton dot com .. GdT

weaver
Half-elven

Jul 10 2009, 1:01am

Post #3 of 17 (468 views)
Shortcut
Go you guys! [In reply to] Can't Post

And go Richard Taylor, too!

There better be a very full report posted on all of this -- thanks for the heads up!

Weaver

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Jul 10 2009, 3:27am

Post #4 of 17 (461 views)
Shortcut
Thursday at 10:30? [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh man XD I have nowhere to stay for Wednesday night, so it looks like my friend and I are going to be leaving at 5 AM that morning to get there on time...

Oh TORn, what I do for you. Crazy

While I'll be completely and utterly sleep deprived, I look forward to it.

My LiveJournal ~ My artwork and photography ~ My LOTR fan fiction

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Jul 10 2009, 3:27am

Post #5 of 17 (453 views)
Shortcut
Yay!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh I *so* wish I was going...

*adds another thing to work on hubby about Wink*

Warning: Tigers not colour-fast! Wash separately.

~~~10th Anniversary Thank You Cards to VIP's~~~~Laerasea's Travelling TORn Journal~~~
One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

Altaira
Superuser

Jul 10 2009, 3:48am

Post #6 of 17 (469 views)
Shortcut
Fabulous news! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for sharing the big news, MrCere. Smile It will be a party of special magnificence.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 10 2009, 10:51am

Post #7 of 17 (420 views)
Shortcut
*wild applause* That's FANtastastic!!!! *high five* Well done! // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."
~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 10 2009, 11:28am

Post #8 of 17 (440 views)
Shortcut
It just wouldn't have been the same [In reply to] Can't Post

without an official TORn presence.

I wonder if they were inundated with complaints about the omission!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Artanis
Rohan

Jul 10 2009, 12:16pm

Post #9 of 17 (420 views)
Shortcut
I **NEED** TheOneRing.net T.shirt. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Artanis

Listening: LOTR soundrack
Random Delights: TORN, Facebook (and LOTRo, hopefully, one day..please)

overlithe64
Rivendell

Jul 10 2009, 5:36pm

Post #10 of 17 (407 views)
Shortcut
Awww Richard! [In reply to] Can't Post

I so wish I was going....I have not had that kind of SciFi /fantasy overload is a very long time....
And I just love Richard...

I am obsessed, but I am in excellent company.

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Jul 10 2009, 5:44pm

Post #11 of 17 (421 views)
Shortcut
Nope [In reply to] Can't Post

TORn was on a waiting list and something fell through.

My fear is that the room just isn't big enough.

Yikes!

I have no choice but to believe in free will.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

deej
Tol Eressea

Jul 10 2009, 6:19pm

Post #12 of 17 (430 views)
Shortcut
I remember the huge line last year. [In reply to] Can't Post

And that was when there really wasn't any new 'Hobbit' news to report; imagine the frenzy this year. Wink

I would recommend anyone planning to go should get in line early!

"...and back again."

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 10 2009, 7:47pm

Post #13 of 17 (416 views)
Shortcut
Waiting list? Small room? [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there no respect in this world? Crazy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Laitholiel_the_SeaElf
Lorien

Jul 11 2009, 6:02am

Post #14 of 17 (416 views)
Shortcut
*prays* Please don't let it conflict w/ the Doctor Who panel. [In reply to] Can't Post

I will probably receive a round of virtual tomatoes tossed at me for this, but part of me would be conflicted in such an event *ducks*

Otherwise, nothing could be more on my list! Very glad whatever it was fell through.

Captain Jack: Who has a sonic screwdriver?
The Doctor: I do!
Captain Jack: Who looks at a screwdriver and thinks, "Woo, this could be a little more sonic."?
The Doctor: What, you've never been bored? Never had a long night? Never had a lot of cabinets to put up?

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Jul 11 2009, 5:46pm

Post #15 of 17 (400 views)
Shortcut
The schedule for Thursday is up [In reply to] Can't Post

And I didn't see any conflict :)

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci09_prog_thu.php

Make sure to get there early! The line was huge last year! Also, keep an eye out for me- I'll be the perky brunette with the sketchbook *g*

My LiveJournal ~ My artwork and photography ~ My LOTR fan fiction

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

deej
Tol Eressea

Jul 13 2009, 3:19pm

Post #16 of 17 (376 views)
Shortcut
FYI - the complete schedule is up on Comic-Con's site. // [In reply to] Can't Post

"...and back again."

Snaga
Lorien

Jul 14 2009, 8:25pm

Post #17 of 17 (417 views)
Shortcut
Bummer... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not going to be at Comic Con until Friday, July 24th. All the four day passes were gone by the time I made my plans.

I noticed that on that day both Elijah Wood and PJ are going to be on panels that day though. Hope I can get a seat for those.

I was just wondering if someone has put together a list of exhibitors, booths, screenings and panels that have a Tolkien or LOTR (movies) tie-in. If such a listing has been made I'd appreciate it if someone could post a link. Thanks.

"Alas for Boromir! It was too sore a trial!"

-Faramir, reflecting on his brother.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.