Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
***FOTR EE APPENDICES DISCUSSION: Design Galleries – The Realms of Middle-Earth*** (part 7)

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Jul 4 2009, 10:11am

Views: 321
Shortcut
***FOTR EE APPENDICES DISCUSSION: Design Galleries – The Realms of Middle-Earth*** (part 7) Can't Post

Here we are at the last of our travels: Silverlode and Amon Hen.

To find the Design Galleries, put in Disk 3 of FOTR EE. Choose Designing and Building Middle-Earth, then Design Galleries, The Realms of Middle-Earth.

When you choose the realm you want to look at, you will see a page of explanation. If you choose Slideshow, it will step automatically through your choice. There is audio commentary with some of the choices which are marked with a "wax" seal. If you want to spend more time looking at the images, you can choose to step through the pages of images one at a time.

I am not really going to be asking questions in these discussions. If you have a comment you would like to make, or a question that might make things clearer for you, please post it.

Silverlode:

First we see a drawing of the boats leaving Lothlorien. I don’t know who drew this.

Next are two photos of the boats. One with Aragorn and one with Legolas.

These boats don’t look comfortable for a long trip. I do see, though, that Legolas was given bundles of arrows to go with his new bow.

Here is a shot of the bridge. They really made it look Elven. It would be a great place for a wedding!

Our last shot of the Silverlode is the beautiful swan boat of Galadriel. I wanted to see Celeborn sitting in the boat with Galadriel standing behind him!

Our very last stop on our tour is Amon Hen.

First is a concept drawing of the Seeing Seat. I did like Alan Lee’s design with the eagles. Next is a photo of the finished Seeing Seat. On the bottom row is the large face that Frodo is by when he is confronted by Boromir in the movie. I REALLY would like to have something like that in my woods. I wonder how long it would take for the public at large to discover it. We know that people walk through our woods sometimes. Last is a concept painting of the Falls of Rauros done by Jeremy Bennett. I’ll bet you could hear that waterfall a long ways off.

Well, our time meeting the people and seeing the sights of Middle Earth is over. I never really paid too much attention to the galleries before I started this post, but now I know I will be visiting them often!

Movie Technical Discussion -- Index

Subject User Time
***FOTR EE APPENDICES DISCUSSION: Design Galleries – The Realms of Middle-Earth*** (part 7) Alcarcalime Send a private message to Alcarcalime Jul 4 2009, 10:11am
    Row, row, row your boat... grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 5 2009, 1:58pm
        Boats Alcarcalime Send a private message to Alcarcalime Jul 5 2009, 6:59pm
    RoMe 7 batik Send a private message to batik Jul 5 2009, 3:51pm
        Yes, yes, Alcarcalime Send a private message to Alcarcalime Jul 5 2009, 7:01pm
    Love that big ruined face! weaver Send a private message to weaver Jul 5 2009, 4:25pm
        Elvish amusement park ride! Alcarcalime Send a private message to Alcarcalime Jul 5 2009, 7:04pm
    Was the bridge used? ringers rock! Send a private message to ringers rock! Jul 7 2009, 4:14pm
        As I understand it . . . Alcarcalime Send a private message to Alcarcalime Jul 7 2009, 7:58pm
    Those 'canoes' silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Jul 7 2009, 8:19pm
        Thank you! Alcarcalime Send a private message to Alcarcalime Jul 7 2009, 11:44pm
    Thanks Alcarcalime ... Elven Send a private message to Elven Jul 10 2009, 12:43am
        I'm glad you enjoyed it. Alcarcalime Send a private message to Alcarcalime Jul 10 2009, 1:12am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.