Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
***FOTR EE APPENDICES DISCUSSION: Design Galleries – The Realms of Middle-Earth*** (part 6)

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Jul 3 2009, 10:46am

Views: 209
Shortcut
***FOTR EE APPENDICES DISCUSSION: Design Galleries – The Realms of Middle-Earth*** (part 6) Can't Post

The long dark of Moria and the refuge of Lothlorien:

To find the Design Galleries, put in Disk 3 of FOTR EE. Choose Designing and Building Middle-Earth, then Design Galleries, The Realms of Middle-Earth.

When you choose the realm you want to look at, you will see a page of explanation. If you choose Slideshow, it will step automatically through your choice. There is audio commentary with some of the choices which are marked with a "wax" seal. If you want to spend more time looking at the images, you can choose to step through the pages of images one at a time.

I am not really going to be asking questions in these discussions. If you have a comment you would like to make, or a question that might make things clearer for you, please post it.

Here we are, we have arrived at Moria.

First are a group of four drawings. Alan Lee did the top and bottom left-hand ones. The bottom one has an audio commentary by Alan Lee. You can also see Alan Lee’s drawings in The Art of the Fellowship of the Rings on pages 60 and 63. The bottom right-hand drawing of the quad is by Jeremy Bennett. I don’t know who drew the top right-hand one. The photo on the right is of two statues that I hadn’t seen in the movie. We watched them just recently and because we were looking for them, my husband spotted these just as the Fellowship entered the mines. Funny, once you know something is there, it stands right out!

After creeping through Moria, we come to Lothlorien!

Here are two views of the houses in the Mallorn trees. It is ethereal and beautiful, but I have a fear of heights and would be afraid of falling off those flets.

Here is a photo of a flet. I can see me catching a toe and doing a swan dive into the ground.

Here is Alan Lee’s drawing of Galadriel’s Mirror and the actual piece. Wouldn’t that make a fancy bird bath?

They didn’t show our intrepid Fellowship eating in Lothlorien, but I found this picture of some food. It looks like quite a feast. The reason there are solid-colored corners is that this picture was at a disturbing angle and didn’t look appetizing, so I rotated the picture and filled in the corners with solid colors.

Now that we have had a nice rest in Lothlorien, we move on the Silverlode and Amon Hen. The Gallery calls it Silverlode and Anduin, but I couldn’t find any pictures of Anduin.

Movie Technical Discussion -- Index

Subject User Time
***FOTR EE APPENDICES DISCUSSION: Design Galleries – The Realms of Middle-Earth*** (part 6) Alcarcalime Send a private message to Alcarcalime Jul 3 2009, 10:46am
    Those dwarf statues... frederica bolger Send a private message to frederica bolger Jul 3 2009, 11:45am
        I never thought of that. . . Alcarcalime Send a private message to Alcarcalime Jul 3 2009, 3:16pm
    RoMe 6... batik Send a private message to batik Jul 3 2009, 6:51pm
        Yes, yes, yes! Alcarcalime Send a private message to Alcarcalime Jul 3 2009, 10:50pm
    I must be part moth... weaver Send a private message to weaver Jul 3 2009, 8:05pm
        I think . . . Alcarcalime Send a private message to Alcarcalime Jul 3 2009, 11:02pm
    Geez! Lookit that picture of Dwarrowdelf grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 4 2009, 1:53am
        Thank you! Alcarcalime Send a private message to Alcarcalime Jul 4 2009, 9:51am
            I always found it interesting grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 4 2009, 2:37pm
                I would think. . . Alcarcalime Send a private message to Alcarcalime Jul 4 2009, 3:25pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.