Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Rado City NYC Moot 2009 - Ringers Take Manhattan! --> Official Hotel Link inside the thread!
First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23 Next page Last page  View All

silneldor
Half-elven

Jul 3 2009, 4:27am

Post #251 of 565 (3073 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Smeagirl. [In reply to] Can't Post

My, this IS impressive!
This is not a squad, not even a platoon. It is a company.Shocked.

''What connects Nature to the spiritual, or requires the presence of the latter? In positive terms, as Alkis Kontos points out, when nature was still largely experienced as integral, alive and active, 'It was the spiritual dimension of the world, its enchanted, magical quality that rendered it infinite, not amenable to complete calculability; spirit could not be quanified; it permitted and invited mythologization.' And I would add, it still is and does.''
Patrick Curry-Defending Middle-Earth-Tolkien: Myth and Modernity - chapter: 'The Sea: Spirituality and Ethics.'

May the grace of ManwŰ let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of ManwŰ S˙limo

Garfeimao
Rohan

Jul 3 2009, 9:39am

Post #252 of 565 (3050 views)
Shortcut
Too late to make a recommendation [In reply to] Can't Post

I've never been to the Radio City Music Hall either, but after looking at images from the London show at the Royal Albert Hall, I decided I wanted to be up a bit. What with the orchestra and choirs being on the stage, the screen showing the movie is going to be above them, so I figured there would be a bit of a problem viewing from the Orchestra level. Probably not bad, just looking up can be tiresome after 3 hours.

So, I chose first mezzanine so that I could look straight out at the movie screen, and down at the orchestra and choirs, and my neck wouldn't hate me afterwards.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle earth

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 3 2009, 3:21pm

Post #253 of 565 (3048 views)
Shortcut
Got my room, got my plane, got my seat [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh golly! It looks like this is really going to happen!!!! :D

Thanks so much to everyone who has worked so hard to make all of this possible. I think this is going to be one of the most memorable moots we've ever shared!!!

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."
~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 3 2009, 3:31pm

Post #254 of 565 (3070 views)
Shortcut
Updated handoff schedule... omg! [In reply to] Can't Post

It looks like I'll have the Journal on October 2-10th... so if that stands true, I'll just bring it with me and hand it off to you while we're there!!!!! :D That would be AWESOME!

Let's see how the days play out... but I'm game if ya'll are :)

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 3 2009, 3:35pm

Post #255 of 565 (3047 views)
Shortcut
ohhhh... I hope I'm on time for that! [In reply to] Can't Post

My flight comes in mid-day on Friday.

sample

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 3 2009, 3:37pm

Post #256 of 565 (3041 views)
Shortcut
I had the feeling [In reply to] Can't Post

once they got hit by the rush that they'd try and get more rooms ready for us :D Wise... very wise ;)

sample

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Jul 3 2009, 5:49pm

Post #257 of 565 (3051 views)
Shortcut
**More double rooms are now available! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just heard from Wendy at CAMI and the Park Central has made more double rooms available and will monitor the situation to be flexible so the situation won't happen again.

(So, if anyone made a reservation for a king and would rather have a double, you could probably either change it or cancel the first one and make another. I'd call the hotel and ask them what the best thing is to do: 1.800.346.1359).

Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Fool of a Took
Bree

Jul 3 2009, 6:09pm

Post #258 of 565 (3048 views)
Shortcut
Newbie question... [In reply to] Can't Post

What's the Journal?

"Despair, or folly?" said Gandalf. "It is not despair, for despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt."

"This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great."

http://hobbitmeals.wordpress.com

a.s.
Valinor

Jul 3 2009, 6:12pm

Post #259 of 565 (2974 views)
Shortcut
thanks, will do!!!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"an seileachan"

Pooh began to feel a little more comfortable, because when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

silneldor
Half-elven

Jul 3 2009, 6:52pm

Post #260 of 565 (3069 views)
Shortcut
Did you mean double 'beds' Pat? [In reply to] Can't Post

I wouldn't want double rooms. I was ok with the king bed but then when the reservation guy messed up my email addy for a confirmation i called back to take care of that and per something said (on TORn) about the possibility of more rooms with two beds, i asked then and he said there were now more rooms so i got one with two beds. They are not queens but it is ok. Mick has a tendency to be all knees and elbows when he sleeps so i wouldn't want patty to appear the next day with a black eye lol.

ShockedDang! weavers fireworks are still going off, even hereLaugh.

''What connects Nature to the spiritual, or requires the presence of the latter? In positive terms, as Alkis Kontos points out, when nature was still largely experienced as integral, alive and active, 'It was the spiritual dimension of the world, its enchanted, magical quality that rendered it infinite, not amenable to complete calculability; spirit could not be quanified; it permitted and invited mythologization.' And I would add, it still is and does.''
Patrick Curry-Defending Middle-Earth-Tolkien: Myth and Modernity - chapter: 'The Sea: Spirituality and Ethics.'

May the grace of ManwŰ let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of ManwŰ S˙limo

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Jul 3 2009, 7:06pm

Post #261 of 565 (3003 views)
Shortcut
Methinks they'll be very pleased with the amount of business they'll be getting [In reply to] Can't Post

Very, very pleased indeed ;)

My LiveJournal ~ My artwork and photography ~ My LOTR fan fiction

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

ringers rock!
Rivendell

Jul 3 2009, 7:14pm

Post #262 of 565 (3066 views)
Shortcut
1 less double available [In reply to] Can't Post

heheheee.... it'saaaall MINE. checking in Friday out Sunday. Thank goodness this moot doesn't require costumes....should be able to backpack my luggage 'round town after checkout.

Thanks coordinators!! every cent saved will be well spent at the bars.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 3 2009, 8:54pm

Post #263 of 565 (3013 views)
Shortcut
The Travelling Journal! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a scrapbook that has been travelling all around the world, with many TORnados/TORnsibs/TORnwhatevers making pages in it.

The idea for it started in LaerasŰa's post here, and the sign-up thread is a sticky on Main.

LaerasŰa and Kelvarhin have an official website for it, where you can track where it's been, and view many of the pages!

And it is simply awesome! Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Garfeimao
Rohan

Jul 4 2009, 9:06am

Post #264 of 565 (3036 views)
Shortcut
Take advantage of the Bell Desk [In reply to] Can't Post

It's fairly standard to be able to leave your luggage with the Bell Desk upon check out, then off you go, sightseeing, then back to the hotel to pick up your luggage before heading off to the airport.

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle earth

Sunflower
Valinor

Jul 4 2009, 1:17pm

Post #265 of 565 (3010 views)
Shortcut
Help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I have tried to keep track of this....but finding out too late...am trying to juggle 3 different trips. I am finding my money stretched VERY thin for all this.

After all the struggle to get tickets for all this,and the U2 show, I am NOT backing out. If the hotel is all taken up and I have no place to stay, what then? I will seriously camp out in Penn Station all night (which I did once long, long ago...:)
(I am taking the train down. from Albany.)

I still have to find a place to stay for the U2 show too. Any chance I can pay someone to sleep on their floor?:) Not kidding. I dont care what the hotel policy is--and I've stayed in hotels for my fair share of NYC events.

Oh and to add to the list: I'm up in the nosebleeds.

Section 3RDMZ4 Row E, seat 409.

Yep, the nosebleeds--but I DON'T CARE!!!!! I am NOT giving these up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never been to a moot and it has been my dream to go to one and FINALLY meet some of you all. And Mr Shore? Wild horses couldn't keep me away! No matter the other events, the concert is the centerpiece. It has been one of my life dreams.

What am I going to do?? I am in full panic mode now....and I am NOT giving any of this up. NONE of it!!!

Please reply...somebody...and I am not getting a Twitter account or any networking group...personal/family reasons.....

I have had other things going on, and am planning this week to devote to solving my housing /trips crisis.

a.s.
Valinor

Jul 4 2009, 1:40pm

Post #266 of 565 (3100 views)
Shortcut
OK, so journal handoff party in YOUR room, right? :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

Just teasing.

So I'm not going to be responsible for transporting the journal back to my place? Not that I was worried about that, exactly. Not that I planned to insure it, and bring a fireproof, waterproof, impact resistant box to place it in after I went through security, and keep it under my seat as my carry-on.

Or anything.

LOL

I'll get it by mail in the more usual way?

{{insert "whew" smilie}}

a.s.

"an seileachan"

Pooh began to feel a little more comfortable, because when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

Fool of a Took
Bree

Jul 4 2009, 3:03pm

Post #267 of 565 (2988 views)
Shortcut
Checked out The Journal page [In reply to] Can't Post

wow, absolutely amazing! Thanks for providing a link to it...

"Despair, or folly?" said Gandalf. "It is not despair, for despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt."

"This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great."

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Jul 4 2009, 4:01pm

Post #268 of 565 (2993 views)
Shortcut
The hotel isn't sold out [In reply to] Can't Post

We were just discussing that, for a short time (a day or so), they didn't have as many double bed/double+ occupancy rooms set aside as were being requested. But, that's been corrected.

And, now that you've posted this, I'm sure if someone is in need of a roomate they'll let you know. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Garfeimao
Rohan

Jul 4 2009, 9:08pm

Post #269 of 565 (3060 views)
Shortcut
When is the U2 concert??? [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess I lost track of this, because I know you brought it up a while back. When is the U2 concert in relation to the LOTR concert? I mean, no one can offer to help you if you don't give details.

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle earth

overlithe64
Rivendell

Jul 4 2009, 10:53pm

Post #270 of 565 (3011 views)
Shortcut
money [In reply to] Can't Post

I wish money wasn't so tight! I'd love to stay longer, coming in early noonish Friday, but by train. NYC events are the ONLY time it pays to live in JERSEY.

I am obsessed, but I am in excellent company.

weathertop
Rohan

Jul 5 2009, 7:04am

Post #271 of 565 (3004 views)
Shortcut
so with most ppl going on sat... [In reply to] Can't Post

how many are going on Fri?

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Jul 9 2009, 10:46am

Post #272 of 565 (2978 views)
Shortcut
I might be going ... [In reply to] Can't Post

I just have to finalize a few things, but if all goes well, I should be ready to go to New York. So, where's this Moot taking place exactly?

Fool of a Took
Bree

Jul 9 2009, 2:40pm

Post #273 of 565 (2965 views)
Shortcut
Good question... [In reply to] Can't Post

...as it looks like my wife and I will be staying with friends who live outside the city to save a bit $, and I did want to meet up with TORN folks to introduce myself in person. Could we perhaps meet up for a breakfast (or second breakfast) in or around the hotel on Friday or Saturday morning? Or will there already be panels/talks/events going on at that time? Given that my wife and I are most likely flying in on Friday morning, we might miss some people, so a general Saturday meetup would be great...

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 9 2009, 3:12pm

Post #274 of 565 (3071 views)
Shortcut
There will be several events [In reply to] Can't Post

mostly centered around the "official" hotel mentioned in this thread. Details are still being finalized, but we'll be sure to post the events and locations as soon as we can. We wanted to have a number of events so people could choose which ones fit their schedule, but also leave time for sightseeing in New York.

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.

`Are these magic cloaks? ' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.

`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

weathertop
Rohan

Jul 9 2009, 6:36pm

Post #275 of 565 (3006 views)
Shortcut
me too [In reply to] Can't Post

staying with a friend outside NYC. about a 45 min train ride.

Just bought my plane tix. goin in Wed leaving Sun. i figure i'll spend most of thurs with my buddy. ride in with him on fri morn and spend the day Mooting it since i have Fri night tix. depending on where i spend the night Fri (i'm imagining the show won't get over til late and if i hook up with any sibs that night, i have the potential of missing the last train out!) i might have to decide where i spend my sat. Mooting or friending...

First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.