Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
Rado City NYC Moot 2009 - Ringers Take Manhattan! --> Official Hotel Link inside the thread!
First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 Next page Last page  View All

Garfeimao
Rohan

Jun 30 2009, 6:53pm

Post #226 of 565 (3606 views)
Shortcut
still waiting on word about hotels [In reply to] Can't Post

*whistles a happy tune*

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle earth

gkgyver
Bree

Jun 30 2009, 9:50pm

Post #227 of 565 (3634 views)
Shortcut
The next step towards happyness [In reply to] Can't Post

I have just booked my flight!
Strangely enough, I'll be on the exact same flight as Ribbon-Rosie.

At this point I don't want to make any jokes about "Going Down Together" Sly

And by the way, is the update of the NYC website still on schedule? Because I haven't looked for a place to stay yet, since I believed there was going to be some arrangement for concert goers. Is that still planned?

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 1 2009, 1:18am

Post #228 of 565 (3554 views)
Shortcut
Yes - still in the works [In reply to] Can't Post

Rumour has it that hotel information is close to being wrapped up, so watch this space!

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.

`Are these magic cloaks? ' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.

`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Laerasėa
Tol Eressea

Jul 1 2009, 1:16pm

Post #229 of 565 (3563 views)
Shortcut
Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, Rwtr. I'm still so disappointed about not being able to go, but I'm going to expect lots of pictures! I'll go to this symphony vicariously!!

Traveling Journal Official Site

"....But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. Last night, I experienced something new, an extraordinary meal from a singularly unexpected source. To say that both the meal and its maker have challenged my preconceptions is a gross understatement. They have rocked me to my core. In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto: Anyone can cook. I realize that only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere. "

(This post was edited by Laerasėa on Jul 1 2009, 1:16pm)

Altaira
Superuser

Jul 1 2009, 4:04pm

Post #230 of 565 (3651 views)
Shortcut
------> Official Radio City Hotel and LOTR weekend Rates in here!!! <------ [In reply to] Can't Post

We now have an official hotel for the Radio City Weekend: The Park Central New York. The hotel is steps away from Radio City and Central Park, and only a few blocks from Times Square, MoMA, St. Patricks and many other NY attractions.

Best of all, Wendy Magro at CAMI has negotiated amazing rates:

Single/Double occupancy:$179 (about $208 w/tax)
Three adults to a room: $204 (about $237 w/tax)
Four adults to a room: $229 (about $266 w/tax)

You must follow the link below to make your reservations:

http://www.reztrip.com/...3%26code2%3D10760107

FYI, something I noticed when playing around with dates, etc: if you change your mind, or want to experiment with different options either use your browser's "Back" option or use the link Wendy provided to get back to the LOTR reservations page. Using the "Back to reservation search" option at the bottom of the reservation webpage will take you to the hotel's general reservation page which doesn't have the LOTR rates as options. If you don't see the above rates you're on the wrong page!

See everyone there! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Fool of a Took
Bree

Jul 1 2009, 4:07pm

Post #231 of 565 (3519 views)
Shortcut
We're going! [In reply to] Can't Post

My wife and I have decided that we can make this trip ! Yay!
Few questions:

1. Which day (Friday or Saturday) are the majority of OneRingers going? I just signed up with TORN a couple of months ago, and would love to meet up with fellow fans during intermission and whatnot...

2. Where will the discussions with Howard Shore, David Salo, etc. be? I'm going to guess Radio City itself, but is there another possible location?

3. Hotel is still up in the air? Would this be a common hotel for all Ringers to meet up at for additional discussions, etc.?

Hey, thanks for answers in advance. Looking forward to seeing you all! Smile

"Despair, or folly?" said Gandalf. "It is not despair, for despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt."

"This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great."

http://hobbitmeals.wordpress.com

Fool of a Took
Bree

Jul 1 2009, 4:09pm

Post #232 of 565 (3530 views)
Shortcut
Posting at the same time? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Altaira! Talk about a quick response to questions!

"Despair, or folly?" said Gandalf. "It is not despair, for despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt."

"This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great."

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 1 2009, 4:25pm

Post #233 of 565 (3538 views)
Shortcut
I have my room: Three Nights in NYC [In reply to] Can't Post

WHOO freakin' HOO

Checking in Thursday... Checking out Friday.

100 days and counting.

This thread is getting very long.

LOTR soundtrack website : TTT Lyrics Update May 09
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 1 2009, 4:32pm

Post #234 of 565 (3479 views)
Shortcut
Some additional answers [In reply to] Can't Post

Most of us, if not all, have tickets for the Saturday night concert, but many of us will be arriving earlier in the week. The "official" weekend is Thursday night through Sunday evening and there will be events each day. We're also trying to incorporate some sightseeing time since this is the first time many of us have visited New York City. You don't need to attend everything, but try to stay as long as your budget and circumstances will allow.

More details to come! Right now, you can purchase your tickets, book your hotel and flights. We will be announcing the other events as soon as they get finalized.

Look forward to meeting you!

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 1 2009, 4:34pm

Post #235 of 565 (3476 views)
Shortcut
Friday? Or Sunday? [In reply to] Can't Post

Three nights would be Thursday-Sunday. I'm sure that's what you meant Wink

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 1 2009, 4:35pm

Post #236 of 565 (3474 views)
Shortcut
I think Doug's book signing is on Friday... [In reply to] Can't Post

which I wanted to catch so we're checking in Thursday to catch that.

Altaira
Superuser

Jul 1 2009, 4:37pm

Post #237 of 565 (3490 views)
Shortcut
Haha! Maybe I'm psychic [In reply to] Can't Post

...or not. Wink

Glad you're going to make it!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 1 2009, 4:40pm

Post #238 of 565 (3510 views)
Shortcut
LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes. Let me type slower so my brain can engage. We am checking in Thursday and checking out Sunday. I came home from work to make these reservations and I was trying to answer a dozen emails while I'm here... and post news at Doug's blog... and post here...

I'm just too excited to think straight.

Must go back to work.

*drags self away from computer*

Altaira
Superuser

Jul 1 2009, 4:58pm

Post #239 of 565 (3511 views)
Shortcut
We're flying in Wed and out Monday [In reply to] Can't Post

We decided to make this our one 'big trip' of the year (saving to go back to NZ next year), so we're flying in Wed and out Monday. Part of the reason we're coming in so early is that the Intrepid museum wasn't open the last time we were in NYC and BG desparately wants to see it (as do I). We didn't make it to Central Park either, so I'm glad the hotel is just a few blocks away.

What a great time this will be! LaughSmile

TORn Calendar

Garfeimao
Rohan

Jul 2 2009, 7:56am

Post #240 of 565 (3465 views)
Shortcut
Hotel sold out???? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
We now have an official hotel for the Radio City Weekend: The Park Central New York. The hotel is steps away from Radio City and Central Park, and only a few blocks from Times Square, MoMA, St. Patricks and many other NY attractions.

Best of all, Wendy Magro at CAMI has negotiated amazing rates:

Single/Double occupancy:$179 (about $208 w/tax)
Three adults to a room: $204 (about $237 w/tax)
Four adults to a room: $229 (about $266 w/tax)

You must follow the link below to make your reservations:

http://www.reztrip.com/...3%26code2%3D10760107

FYI, something I noticed when playing around with dates, etc: if you change your mind, or want to experiment with different options either use your browser's "Back" option or use the link Wendy provided to get back to the LOTR reservations page. Using the "Back to reservation search" option at the bottom of the reservation webpage will take you to the hotel's general reservation page which doesn't have the LOTR rates as options. If you don't see the above rates you're on the wrong page!

See everyone there! Smile

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle earth

a.s.
Valinor

Jul 2 2009, 11:23am

Post #241 of 565 (3485 views)
Shortcut
double/doubles are sold out [In reply to] Can't Post

I just reserved a room but had to take a king bed room, double/double option was sold out (at least when requesting a reservation for one guest)

Same price for either option, though.

a.s.

"an seileachan"

Pooh began to feel a little more comfortable, because when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 2 2009, 12:52pm

Post #242 of 565 (3520 views)
Shortcut
Wow - that was fast [In reply to] Can't Post

However, we can check with the organizers. It's possible we only had a block of rooms at the discount price, and if we increase our room block we'll have more double-double rooms available.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

deej
Tol Eressea

Jul 2 2009, 5:41pm

Post #243 of 565 (3449 views)
Shortcut
Wow [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder how many rooms they had put aside.

"...and back again."

Garfeimao
Rohan

Jul 2 2009, 7:46pm

Post #244 of 565 (3397 views)
Shortcut
more rooms available [In reply to] Can't Post

OK, I tried it again today and I was able to select a double/double room, not to be confused with a double/double burger from In'n'Out. Wink

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle earth

Fool of a Took
Bree

Jul 2 2009, 8:08pm

Post #245 of 565 (3501 views)
Shortcut
No what we've decided... [In reply to] Can't Post

My wife has left it in my hands to purchase tickets to the show.

Therefore...

What seats do you reckon might be the best? In other words, should I go for orchestra seating, or mezzanine? Is there a big difference between 2nd and 3rd mezzanine?

I am unfamiliar with Radio City, and even the seating charts don't seem to give me a clear picture...

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Jul 2 2009, 8:47pm

Post #246 of 565 (3408 views)
Shortcut
Likewise, Fri - Sun./ [In reply to] Can't Post

The Rohirrim, by Peter Xavier Price

Elizabeth is the TORnsib formerly known as 'erather'

Lith
The Shire

Jul 2 2009, 9:27pm

Post #247 of 565 (3404 views)
Shortcut
I'm on board! [In reply to] Can't Post

Overlithe and I are coming... just made a room ressie for us. Now to find out about tickets! Yay!

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 2 2009, 9:38pm

Post #248 of 565 (3477 views)
Shortcut
Here's the latest seating list [In reply to] Can't Post

I've never been to RCMH, but at least this link shows you the most current seating list of fellow TORNadoes.

http://newboards.theonering.net/...sb=post_time;so=DESC;

I would suggest you go for the best (most expensive) seats you can afford, as close to the middle as possible.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Lith
The Shire

Jul 2 2009, 9:58pm

Post #249 of 565 (3448 views)
Shortcut
in for a penny in for a pound... [In reply to] Can't Post

Just bought tickets... First mezzanine, Row A, Seats 610 and 611. Smile

Fool of a Took
Bree

Jul 2 2009, 11:24pm

Post #250 of 565 (3474 views)
Shortcut
Tickets Bought! [In reply to] Can't Post

ORCH 3, Row H, seats 305 and 304.

Thanks EntMaiden!

Really looking forward to seeing you all. This will be my first official TORN Moot!

First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.