The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
for those with Torn as a home page and who clicked "remember me"

a.s.
Valinor

Jul 2 2009, 1:11am

Post #1 of 8 (918 views)
Shortcut
for those with Torn as a home page and who clicked "remember me" Can't Post

I've unfortunately been gone for a bit to take care of a family problem, but fortunately several people noticed and sent me PMs and emails.

I just LOVE you guys!! Have I mentioned that before? grin.

Anyway, it was interesting to see in some of the messages and posts in the reading thread a mention that I had "logged on" or "been online" a few times recently.

Actually, Torn is my home page and I have clicked the "remember me" checkbox (to allow cookies), which automatically signs me when the Torn page loads, so anyone who uses my computer to get online will look like they have checked into Torn (I assume) whenever they open my browser.

So, because "mom's computer" is really just the desktop computer that everyone uses to check their bank statements and Mapquest and whatever else they need quickly, it might appear I am here when I'm not.

This might happen to other people, too, that's why I'm sharing it in Feedback.

So for anyone who might have thought I was "here" but ignoring everyone, that is the explanation (I wasn't really "here", someone just opened my browser et voila, I logged into Torn).

Or maybe it was just my psychic connection to the old place, logging me on through the ether???

Cool

a.s.

"an seileachan"

Pooh began to feel a little more comfortable, because when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

Finding Frodo
Tol Eressea

Jul 2 2009, 3:01am

Post #2 of 8 (795 views)
Shortcut
Oh! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, I did think you were checking in periodically and just not having the time or unable to post. I certainly didn't think you were ignoring anyone. I hope your family is OK, a.s.

Where's Frodo?

sador
Half-elven

Jul 2 2009, 6:21am

Post #3 of 8 (776 views)
Shortcut
Welcome back! [In reply to] Can't Post

It wasn't the same without you. Blush

I don't have TORn as a home page, but once (at least) logged in by mistake, as in the faourite sites list it is next to our healthcare organisation (whatever the correct term is).
But I'm getting there - last time my wife stormed in to my working-room at home, saying she needs to clear my desk from all the books and papers lying around - she thoughtfully left The Hobbit and LotR there, Heart

And thanks to Compa_Mighty for carrying on the 'What have you been reading' threads while you were away!

"We may not understand him, but that old bird understands us, I am sure." - Balin.

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Jul 2 2009, 12:48pm

Post #4 of 8 (764 views)
Shortcut
Good to see you a.s. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope everything has quietened down on the home front.

Certainly didn't think you were just ignoring us. Been logged in a few times myself when one of the boys have been using the pc, even though I haven't been able to get in as often as I would've liked to. Sometimes RL just sucks big time Unimpressed

{{{{{a.s.}}}}}

Warning: Tigers not colour-fast! Wash separately.

~~~10th Anniversary Thank You Cards to VIP's~~~~Laerasea's Travelling TORn Journal~~~
One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

Altaira
Superuser

Jul 2 2009, 3:18pm

Post #5 of 8 (776 views)
Shortcut
Welcome back! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just thought you were reading a lot. Laugh That happens a lot with me. I go through and read a bunch of posts that interest me and realize I'm out of time and haven't replied to any of them.

I hope the fact that you posted this means the problems are working themselves out. Smile

*hugs*

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

a.s.
Valinor

Jul 2 2009, 3:37pm

Post #6 of 8 (826 views)
Shortcut
there's a plaque on my desk that reads: [In reply to] Can't Post

Remember, real crises are rare.
Solve the problems you can.
Let some problems resolve themselves.
Let some problems remain problems.

So, everything is as well as can be expected! Thanks.

{{{{hugs back to everyone}}}}

a.s.

I hope the fact that you posted this means the problems are working themselves out

"an seileachan"

Pooh began to feel a little more comfortable, because when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Jul 3 2009, 4:34pm

Post #7 of 8 (749 views)
Shortcut
Glad to see you back [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope all is well with your family x

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Jul 3 2009, 11:31pm

Post #8 of 8 (810 views)
Shortcut
those are true words of wisdom // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.