Brian Blessed for Thorin!

Formerly known as Rosie!

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Jun 25 2009, 7:42pm

Post #27 of 38 (1681 views)
Shortcut
Credit stealer!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sharing pictures of our own little corners of Middle-earth is a TORn tradition, newbster. ;)

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Jun 26 2009, 5:19am

Post #28 of 38 (1648 views)
Shortcut
You have no idea [In reply to] Can't Post

just how many photos I have available. I always have to reign myself in, and not overwhelm the boards with them. TORn's picture size & density restrictions do help narrow down the choices a bit, though.

We seem to take most of our landscape pics in autumn or spring, and stick to botanical and bird stuff during the hot months, so if you're looking for more current Middle-earthy images...your thread is reasonably safe. ;)

I live in a Shire-y enough area, but that doesn't stop me from getting picture books from your side of the water or enjoying online photos. =)

terrymerry
Rivendell

Jun 26 2009, 7:30am

Post #29 of 38 (1639 views)
Shortcut
edge of Dartmoor [In reply to] Can't Post

So I see the Took side of you, has got the better of you..Smile Now as I get older I`m far more Baggin that Took. My daughter, took herself off on one of those adventures, around the world by herself, she came back ok, laden with treasured friendship that she had made on the way.Sly Three Barrows in the mist, a bit spooky, especially when "The Hair hand of Dartmoor"around.ha Shocked
Thanks!..
Goldberry for the link ..I`ll try and put some photo`s up...

sador
Half-elven

Jun 26 2009, 8:32am

Post #30 of 38 (1640 views)
Shortcut
Whoops! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's a find!

Sean Astin did very well with the accent.

I know very little of accents myself, English being my second language; but I thought it was common knowledge the Astin sounded horribly American. How nice to hear a different opinion! Smile

"We always elected master from among the old and wise, and have not endured the rule of mere fighting men." - the Master of Lake-town.

bearagorn
Lorien

Jun 26 2009, 5:00pm

Post #31 of 38 (1639 views)
Shortcut
Great photos. [In reply to] Can't Post

We are very lucky too to live in Devon, and like you say there are a lot of places that look and feel like Middle Earth. Also to think that Alan Lee lives here too,how cool is that. Thanks again for posting the photos.

The boys are back in town!!

Goldberry of the river
Lorien

Jun 26 2009, 5:47pm

Post #32 of 38 (1633 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't say it was perfect! Yes there were a quite a few moments where he slipped into his own accent, but I think that's because of the similarity between westcountry accents and american accents. Dom Monaghan's accent was a little bit what I call a "BBC country accent"lol (much too over-the-top), and strangely, he seemed to faze it out as the movies went on!!

Formerly known as Rosie!

Goldberry of the river
Lorien

Jun 26 2009, 5:52pm

Post #33 of 38 (1687 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

You're bearwen's other half aren't you? I met her when she passed the Journal on to me! We are very lucky to live in Devon. I'd struggle to live in a big city.
I'm a big fan of Alan Lee, I love his drawing style. I'm working on a pencil drawing of Gimli at the moment and I'm trying to channel his skill!!
Glad you like the photos :)

Formerly known as Rosie!

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Jul 2 2009, 8:12pm

Post #34 of 38 (1611 views)
Shortcut
Oookayyy then. No reply means that [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't have to share my own shortcut. ;)

Goldberry of the river
Lorien

Jul 5 2009, 7:30pm

Post #35 of 38 (1628 views)
Shortcut
Shortcut to... [In reply to] Can't Post

mushrooms?;) Do share :)

Formerly known as Rosie!

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Jul 8 2009, 6:32am

Post #36 of 38 (1642 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm... [In reply to] Can't Post

maybe I should keep the exact location to myself. ;)

Well, if you don't have a seasonal preference, I guess these will do for a sampling.

I'm already at the maximum number for one post, so I didn't include any wildflowers and such. Didn't even get to the real Fall color.

I also just burdened the board with other Shire-y pics here. I'm a Repeat Offender. ;)

silneldor
Half-elven

Sep 23 2009, 5:03pm

Post #37 of 38 (1600 views)
Shortcut
Just a wonderful place to dwell where the [In reply to] Can't Post

rest of the world, the sordid and the trite, does not exist. I could sit upon that hill forever. And i can feel the coolness of that stream between my toes, and smell all the wildflowers in the breeze......And would that be Farmer Maggot's gate perchance?Laugh.

Thank you Goldberry for such a beautiful walk in your shire.

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

Goldberry of the river
Lorien

Sep 23 2009, 6:27pm

Post #38 of 38 (1840 views)
Shortcut
Thankyou! [In reply to] Can't Post

I do forget the rest of the world when the countryside is so beautiful. But now autumn is taking more hold and the flowers have almost gone, just a few hardy ones left! And the green in isn't so bright anymore. All the plants are just getting ready to go to sleep ready to wake up again in the spring :) There is still beauty in autumn: golden and red leaves, berries and nuts, it just doesn't remind me of the shire like summer does here. Glad you like my photos. Trying to find time for Rohan!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.