Sideshow Weta Collecting
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

drogo
Lorien

Feb 17 2007, 9:24pm

Post #1 of 36 (11068 views)
Shortcut
Sideshow Weta Collecting Can't Post

What Sideshow things do you own or want to get? I know some have posted pics over the years (here and in some of the *uh* spin-off boards), but let's show what you have.

I have a lot of Mordor-themed things, many of which I got on Ebay. Here's my little shrine in my office:

In addition, I have one of the Trilogy Tuesday film cell displays and a Helm's Deep environment on my coffee table in the living room.

(Formerly drogo of the two names!)

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Feb 17 2007, 9:34pm

Post #2 of 36 (10017 views)
Shortcut
Geez. [In reply to] Can't Post

When my boss calls me into her office I get nervous enough as it is. I'm glad she mostly decorates with pictures of kittens and puppies! Wink

~~~~~~~~

I used to be GaladrielTX, but then I had liposuction.

drogo
Lorien

Feb 17 2007, 10:11pm

Post #3 of 36 (10077 views)
Shortcut
Oh that's my home office (study)! [In reply to] Can't Post

My work office just has some innocuous things like Gandalf and Frodo Am. Library Association "Read!" posters and my Tolkien art screen-saver.

I have scared students coming to see me, so I don't think they would like a Sauron thrusting his pointy bits in their direction! Shocked Some of them look a little like the Pippin statue, come to think of it.

(This post was edited by drogo on Feb 17 2007, 10:13pm)

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Feb 17 2007, 10:21pm

Post #4 of 36 (10039 views)
Shortcut
I used to have a Sting ALA poster. [In reply to] Can't Post

He was wearing one of those frilly pirate shirts and had long hair and was holding an open book (poetry, I imagine). *sigh* He relocated with me to about seven different homes till he got so damaged I had to bid him a sad goodbye.

~~~~~~~~

I used to be GaladrielTX, but then I had liposuction.

Patty
Immortal

Feb 17 2007, 10:37pm

Post #5 of 36 (10015 views)
Shortcut
Want I want hasn't been designed yet... [In reply to] Can't Post

to the best of my knowledge.

But I want a Rivendell and/or a Lothlorien diaroma or environment.

I'd love to live with the elves. Got any room in Lothlorien, Galadriel?

"OnPartyBusiness"

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Feb 17 2007, 11:03pm

Post #6 of 36 (10012 views)
Shortcut
Only a couple things... [In reply to] Can't Post

At the Comic Con last year, I was lucky enough to win a 75 dollar gift card to SideShow weta stuff. So I got a mini Sauron mace, which happened to be 75 dollars. And shipping was very low, considering the headquarters are about 5 miles away from my house *g*

I want something related to Aragorn, though. I'm hoping that something Aragorn-related will come around December so I can ask for it for my 18th birthday *grin*

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Altaira
Superuser

Feb 17 2007, 11:36pm

Post #7 of 36 (9993 views)
Shortcut
I have quite a few things [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, okay, I have a boatload! Many of the Sideshow figures (Sauron, Gandalf, Eowyn, Witch King, a few of the busts) as well as ToyBiz toys, movie posters, mementos of Oscar parties and ORCs, etc.

I do love the quality of the Sideshow figurines and environments though. I think they did an outstanding job on 99% of what they put out. The only thing they fell a little short on, IMHO, are the faces of some of the characters. I mean...

...this poor guy looks like he's getting goosed, or something. Laugh

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

JPB
The Shire

Feb 17 2007, 11:45pm

Post #8 of 36 (9998 views)
Shortcut
Beyond the ones that came with the extended edition collector kits, [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a Edoras set sculpture. Smile Looks from your photo that you have it too, drogo. Smile

drogo
Lorien

Feb 17 2007, 11:46pm

Post #9 of 36 (10012 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Altaira] I have quite a few things [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Well, okay, I have a boatload! Many of the Sideshow figures (Sauron, Gandalf, Eowyn, Witch King, a few of the busts) as well as ToyBiz toys, movie posters, mementos of Oscar parties and ORCs, etc.

I do love the quality of the Sideshow figurines and environments though. I think they did an outstanding job on 99% of what they put out. The only thing they fell a little short on, IMHO, are the faces of some of the characters. I mean...

...this poor guy looks like he's getting goosed, or something. Laugh

The Hobbit bust faces are not very good likenesses either. The artists didn't seem to be that even when it came to rendering actors.

Altaira
Superuser

Feb 18 2007, 12:07am

Post #10 of 36 (10013 views)
Shortcut
Ai! Is that a balrog I see? [In reply to] Can't Post

Drogo, was that one of your Ebay finds?

I've always been tempted to get one, but have always balked at the price since they got so expensive.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 18 2007, 12:54am

Post #11 of 36 (9998 views)
Shortcut
I don't have much [In reply to] Can't Post

because I have a rule against bringing things into my house that I have to dust. But I did get the Minas Tirith and Minas Morgul environments when you could also get Aragorn's crown, which is what I really wanted. I love the quality. I wouldn't mind a Balrog, but don't want to pay too much.

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.
`Are these magic cloaks?' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.
`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

drogo
Lorien

Feb 18 2007, 1:09am

Post #12 of 36 (9969 views)
Shortcut
Balrog it be [In reply to] Can't Post

I got it on Ebay about 2003, but don't remember the price. I got the Sauron for under $300 which was incredible.

CAhobbit
Rohan

Feb 18 2007, 3:50am

Post #13 of 36 (10037 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm should I admit my addiction? [In reply to] Can't Post

Once I get a new set-up going for my collectibles (since they're all in book cases) I'll post some pics. But I will say that I've been an avid collector of LOTR items a few months before the FOTR film was released. In the Sideshow/Weta category I have a few statues, busts, helms and misc.

Statues
-Eowyn as Dernhelm
-Witch King
-Pippin

Busts
-Eomer
-Smeagol

Helms
-Frodo's Orc Helm
-Sam's Orc Helm
-Mouth of Sauron Helm
-Pippin's Helm
-Merry's Helm

Misc
-Argonath Bookends
-Minas Tirth
-Smeagol mini statue
-#1 Medallion

Since the Sideshow/Weta split I've been collecting the 12-inch line (Aragorn, Legolas. Have Boromir and Faramir on pre-order), one of the Premimum Format statues (Frodo) and have the newest diorama (Frodo/Gollum at Mt. Doom) on pre-order.

Yes, I have a problem...a wonderful collecting problem!! Heart

Do not meddle in the affairs of hobbits for we can bite your kneecaps off!

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Feb 18 2007, 6:48am

Post #14 of 36 (10000 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cahobbit] Hmmm should I admit my addiction? [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile
A pretty impressive list CaHob, I know you a bit and I had no idea you had that much stuff.

There are more diehard collectors around, but perhaps not at TORn, although we shall see.

As for me, I collected the helms, which haven't been the most popular items, and that surprises me. I think they are classy and cool, obviously not everybody thinks so. I keep mine at work on my desk which is spacious and a few people come by once a week to gawk while I think the everybody else laughs behind my back.

Here is my helm list:
Eomer
Battle Cave Troll
Orc Muzzle Cage
Orc Hide Helm
Orc Iron Cap
Orc Trapjaw
Orc Crowface
Orc Squinter
Moria Orc
War Mask of Morgul Lord
Mouth of Sauron
Eowyn
Merry
Isildur
Gimli
Crown of King of the Dead
Numenorean Infantry
High Elven Infantry
and, the jewel of the collection:
Crown of the Witch King which fetches absurd prices on Ebay

I also have the big Suaron dude in the photo above, a fantastic "Lurtz" figure (not the premium format http://www.sideshowtoy.com/...tegory.cgi?item=9303), a Comic-Con Gollum, and a Moria Orc Swordsman bust and some other orc bust.

Also from Sideshow I have somebody from the Buffy line, (fans drop me an e-mail) one of SSC's "The Dead" figures, an Elektra Premium Format (for which I will love Frodo For President forever) and "Cigarette Smoking Man" from the X-Files which turns out to be exceedingly cool.

What I really collect hardcore is "Daredevil" merchandise and that list will stay sealed due to lack of anybody giving a rat's patootie.

If we live in trying times, we must be the ones who try. If the future is looking dark, we must be the ones who shine.

deej
Tol Eressea

Feb 18 2007, 7:08pm

Post #15 of 36 (9985 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drogo] Sideshow Weta Collecting [In reply to] Can't Post

Sadly, I lost my collection of Sideshow stuff, but have slowly been rebuilding it. And with ComicCon and DragonCon coming up, I plan to get even more! I have the beautiful Gandalf the Grey statue, a few of the busts (Orc Overseer, Pippen, Frodo, Legolas), and the helm of the King of the Dead.

mrcere - which Buffy statue do you have? I've been thinking about getting the Gentlemen (from the episode 'Hush'), and was wondering if they really look as good as they do in the photos.

Sincerely, deej - The Artist Formerly Known as djdeathskiss

Atlanta Woot! Moot 2007 - Join us Labor Day weekend; go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlanta_woot_moot/

diedye
Grey Havens

Feb 18 2007, 8:45pm

Post #16 of 36 (9991 views)
Shortcut
You're a gal after my own heart... [In reply to] Can't Post

I definitely vote for the Rivendell diorama...

...failing that, just ship me the bed Frodo was in.

*sigh*

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

diedye
Grey Havens

Feb 18 2007, 8:55pm

Post #17 of 36 (10037 views)
Shortcut
I've got the Galadriel statue.... [In reply to] Can't Post

... the Gandalf/Bilbo bookends, the statues that came with the EE DVDs (plus Minas Morgul & Aragorn's crown).

What I really wanted and could never get were the statues/busts of Boromir (of course) and Arwen & Galadriel.

The statues I wish they'd made are: Eowyn (decent one, not the one where she looks like she's morphing into psycho Bilbo), Celeborn (poor guy got overlooked), Rosie (love of Sam's life and she's non-existent), Eldarion (what a cutie!) and dioramas of Rivendell (of course), Treebeard in Fangorn Forest, and a decent Swan ship sailing into the West (the one in the movie was very disappointing... didn't look at all like something the Elves would build).

CAhobbit
Rohan

Feb 19 2007, 3:05am

Post #18 of 36 (9952 views)
Shortcut
Helms [In reply to] Can't Post

I always liked the helms as well. They were priced cheaply enough I thought and were really detailed. Nice collection you have there MrCere. I came in late to the Sideshow/WETA collecting game so have much less than if I'd started earlier (though my bank account is grateful for my late entry methinks).

I've also collected a few Army of Darkness 12-inch figures (very nice) and all the Angel 12-inch figures from Sideshow as well. They really produce some good figures.

Do not meddle in the affairs of hobbits for we can bite your kneecaps off!

Patty
Immortal

Feb 19 2007, 4:59am

Post #19 of 36 (9971 views)
Shortcut
Yeah that's some bed, diedye... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd love to have it too. Well, anything in Rivendell's architecture, really.

Lord Peter Wimsey's Main Squeeze

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 19 2007, 8:00am

Post #20 of 36 (9979 views)
Shortcut
re entmaiden: deja vu [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I have a rule against bringing things into my house that I have to dust.

I have a thing against nick-nacks for just that reason. But after visiting Weta's boardroom - with one long wall of mirror-backed cabinets *stacked* with Sideshow items - I caved and bought Eowyn vs Witchking. I have nowhere to display them properly (they sit on my dining room table) but in the event of a fire I'm grabbing them on the way out of my house.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Feb 19 2007, 9:14pm

Post #21 of 36 (9926 views)
Shortcut
Hmm....perhpas I have a present for you [In reply to] Can't Post

I was given a Buffy/Angel figure, which I REALLLLLY appreciated, but it just doesn't fit. Do you have ALL the ones you want? If you are at all interested, I will go dig it up.

If we live in trying times, we must be the ones who try. If the future is looking dark, we must be the ones who shine.

diedye
Grey Havens

Feb 19 2007, 9:38pm

Post #22 of 36 (9966 views)
Shortcut
Oh, shoot! I forgot about the Narnia EE DVD bookends set & King Kong EE DVD statue... [In reply to] Can't Post

Mr. Tumnus looks nothing like in the movie, but Lucy looks great, although the Hallmark ornament is closer in likeness.

Kong is not too bad, but have you noticed that the actual statues hardly ever live up to the prototypes?

deej
Tol Eressea

Feb 20 2007, 12:10am

Post #23 of 36 (9948 views)
Shortcut
That's mighty generous of you mr c! [In reply to] Can't Post

Atlanta Woot! Moot 2007 - Join us Labor Day weekend; go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlanta_woot_moot/

deej
Tol Eressea

Feb 20 2007, 12:29am

Post #24 of 36 (9936 views)
Shortcut
New Sideshow stuff [In reply to] Can't Post

Comingsoon.net has some photos from Toy Fair 2007; click on http://www.comingsoon.net/...he_Lord_of_the_Rings to see some of the new Sideshow stuff.

I SO want that Sauron bust.

And is it just me, or does that Legolas doll look just like Spike from 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'?

drogo
Lorien

Feb 20 2007, 12:45am

Post #25 of 36 (9915 views)
Shortcut
Sauron bust [In reply to] Can't Post

Is really nice, but I have too many Saurons already! I don't want to be THAT evil! Tongue

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.