Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Guillermo: "No Pressure"

DiveTwin
Rohan

Jun 10 2009, 7:24pm

Views: 1233
Shortcut
Guillermo: "No Pressure" Can't Post

Guillermo del Toro has claimed that he is not feeling any pressure working on highly-anticipated Lord Of The Rings prequel The Hobbit.

The Hellboy director told Radio 5 Live's Simon Mayo that he isn't worried about matching the critical and commercial successor of Peter Jackson's fantasy trilogy.

He said: "Frankly no. If I live the experience like that I would go insane. I don't know if there's a compartment in my brain that just doesn't register those things. I feel an enormous responsibility but not to the results, either by Oscars or box office."

He continued: "I have an enormous responsibility to a book I adore and to a legacy of a world. Creatively I feel very responsible and very daunted, but honoured, doing this."

Del Toro admitted that preparing the epic two-movie adaptation of JRR Tolkien's novel has been demanding: "I go to work at 9am. We open The Hobbit office 9am to 8pm. We are working on the screenplay [and] designing creatures at WETA.

"The first movie, if it stays on schedule, comes out 2011. The second movie 2012, Christmas time."

The story reported on Radio 5 Live can be found at Digital Spy.

"Do not come between the Nazgul and his prey"

Subject User Time
Guillermo: "No Pressure" DiveTwin Send a private message to DiveTwin Jun 10 2009, 7:24pm
    You might want to hear what GdT exactly said in this interview... Theodred Send a private message to Theodred Jun 10 2009, 9:08pm
        There's also a direct link. FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Jun 10 2009, 9:28pm
            Guillermo has said Hugo Weaving is back! At 02:10:55! (Slip of the tongue?) Theodred Send a private message to Theodred Jun 10 2009, 9:32pm
    I don't like this part... Compa_Mighty Send a private message to Compa_Mighty Jun 10 2009, 11:47pm
        I'm just guessing, but.. Theodred Send a private message to Theodred Jun 10 2009, 11:59pm
        I get the feeling he's just hedging his bets Arwen's daughter Send a private message to Arwen's daughter Jun 11 2009, 12:20am
        Or.... DiveTwin Send a private message to DiveTwin Jun 11 2009, 12:56pm
            I think thats a consideration ... Elven Send a private message to Elven Jun 11 2009, 6:44pm
                And here's something else... Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Jun 12 2009, 3:10am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.