Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
Rado City NYC Moot 2009 - Ringers Take Manhattan! --> Official Hotel Link inside the thread!
First page Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 23 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 22 2009, 4:53pm

Post #201 of 565 (4100 views)
Shortcut
Remember the Oscars in 04? [In reply to] Can't Post

Kinda like that, but current ;)

For anyone who has ever thought the excitement and love for these films and everything about them is fading...

*snaps fingers*

take notes.

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."
~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

MrCere
Sr. Staff

May 22 2009, 4:59pm

Post #202 of 565 (4113 views)
Shortcut
Which day? [In reply to] Can't Post

Or rather which night? Friday or Saturday?

I have no choice but to believe in free will.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

ringers rock!
Rivendell

May 23 2009, 12:14am

Post #203 of 565 (4162 views)
Shortcut
Saturday [In reply to] Can't Post

I intend to fly in Thursday or Friday.

MrCere
Sr. Staff

May 23 2009, 9:29pm

Post #204 of 565 (4121 views)
Shortcut
Very wise [In reply to] Can't Post

Rumor has it, there will be a lot of cool Tolkien-type stuff to do in NYC. However, NYC isn't boring even without Tolkien.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

May 25 2009, 4:54am

Post #205 of 565 (4173 views)
Shortcut
Only a matter of time now... [In reply to] Can't Post

I've put in a vacation request with my boss - so as soon as I hear back from him, I'm buying those tickets! :) I live in Southwest Florida and haven't yet worked out the details of my going to NY, but I don't care - I'm going. Wink

This'll be my first time being a part of something this big with so many fellow Tolkien fans. I'm so excited!! Smile

MrCere
Sr. Staff

May 25 2009, 6:26am

Post #206 of 565 (4082 views)
Shortcut
Welcome and great! [In reply to] Can't Post

The event promises to be magnificent. We will be glad to meet you and welcome to TheOneRing message boards!

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

deej
Tol Eressea

May 25 2009, 12:38pm

Post #207 of 565 (4069 views)
Shortcut
Yay! [In reply to] Can't Post

The 'Atlanta Contingent' will have to try and coordinate travel plans. Not that i'm sure who else is going from the area! Might just be you and me. Wink

"...and back again."

ringers rock!
Rivendell

May 25 2009, 2:14pm

Post #208 of 565 (4108 views)
Shortcut
No other ATLliens, huh? [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe we'll blend in more. The last time I went to NYC in October with friends (pics on facebook), we were totally called out by some fashion MFA. "Yes, I could tell you're from the south," she claimed, sipping a martini, "it's all the color you're wearing. It's not bad. It's just not New York."

Seriously, keep me posted on Atlanta plans. I'm assuming you'll be our fearless production coordinator? Great! I can offer moral support and half on four star hotels Cool

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

May 25 2009, 9:23pm

Post #209 of 565 (4071 views)
Shortcut
Thanks... [In reply to] Can't Post

I actually just bought the tickets. I'll be going on Friday night!!

hobbithearted

May 29 2009, 2:03pm

Post #210 of 565 (4116 views)
Shortcut
blast from the past [In reply to] Can't Post

I think if it was anything other than black, they would've called you on the carpet!

I can't get any civilian/non-LoTR folk to accompany me on that Saturday...might have to go stag but I can't imagine that stopping the fun!

And a hello to everyone!

-Carolyn/HH

http://carolynmom.blogspot.com

ringers rock!
Rivendell

May 30 2009, 3:20am

Post #211 of 565 (4047 views)
Shortcut
Hello HH! [In reply to] Can't Post

You should go stag - I am too. We'll be surrounded by like-minded people anyhow. And I promise not to embarrass you by wearing my normal peacock attire....

Garfeimao
Rohan

Jun 3 2009, 7:18am

Post #212 of 565 (4039 views)
Shortcut
Just got my flights, yahoo. [In reply to] Can't Post

For those coming from the West Coast, Virgin America has some really low fares, as mentioned on Travelzoo yesterday. I just got myself a ticket for Oct. 8-11 for just $240 roundtrip LAX-JFK. Woohoo.

http://www.travelzoo.com/...ashx?592545-25750905

Now, to find a hotel that won't break the bank.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle earth

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Jun 4 2009, 11:58am

Post #213 of 565 (4019 views)
Shortcut
Any news on hotels yet? [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry if I've missed anything regarding hotels in this thread, but have any plans been finalised yet?

Altaira
Superuser

Jun 11 2009, 7:31pm

Post #214 of 565 (4099 views)
Shortcut
UPDATE - We now know the timeframe for events! [In reply to] Can't Post

For those of you (like me) who've been waiting to get your flight until you know when things will be happening, we now know!

Thursday evening through Sunday daytime

The weekend will start with a kick-off gathering Thursday evening and wind up with group sightseeing trips on Sunday (nothing carved in stone yet, but 99% sure). In between will be the concerts (of course!) as well as events around the release of Doug Adams' book, "The Music of the Lord of the Rings films," presentations by artists and scholars, after-concert parties and many fun contests.

In addition, a hotel should be announced in a matter of days that sounds like it's going to be a great deal for uptown NYC.

So, if it fits into your schedule and/or budget, make your flight plans to be there Thursday and leave Sunday or Monday. If your schedule and/or budget dictate a shorter stay, there will still be many fun and exciting things to do, with enough free time to still take in a few NYC attractions on your own, or in informal groups.

Stay tuned here and at the Radio City LOTR Concert site for more news in the near future.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Jun 12 2009, 5:56am

Post #215 of 565 (3887 views)
Shortcut
I'm coming! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Just confirmed everything, and I'm buying my ticket through the phone tomorrow morning!

I'll be sure to update this once I have a ticket seat.

Woot! Smile

My LiveJournal ~ My artwork and photography ~ My LOTR fan fiction

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 12 2009, 6:19pm

Post #216 of 565 (3868 views)
Shortcut
Hooray! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's going to be AMAZING.

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.

`Are these magic cloaks? ' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.

`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Jun 12 2009, 6:41pm

Post #217 of 565 (3959 views)
Shortcut
Just got the ticket... [In reply to] Can't Post

1st Mezz, Row E, 307.

(Yes, I was using this website as a reference for a seat... *whistles*)

My LiveJournal ~ My artwork and photography ~ My LOTR fan fiction

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

gkgyver
Bree

Jun 13 2009, 12:49am

Post #218 of 565 (3959 views)
Shortcut
Anxious [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there!

I'm anxiously waiting for the hotel announcement! It looks like I'll be arriving Thursday and leaving on Saturday.

And, forgive me, I wouldn't mind grouping up with a few people once I've arrived, so any contact, PM or otherwise, would be most welcome!
Being born in the most rural parts of Bavaria, it's a bit like the small farm boy entering the big city lol

I was thinking of taking my sister with me, but since I only have one ticket ... well, we'll see.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 17 2009, 4:39pm

Post #219 of 565 (3857 views)
Shortcut
*geeky hand-clapping* Thanks Altaira!!! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."
~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

Garfeimao
Rohan

Jun 19 2009, 12:26am

Post #220 of 565 (3839 views)
Shortcut
woohoo *glomp* [In reply to] Can't Post

Wahoo, good for you. Have you got your flights yet? I found a good rate on Virgin America, but I know Jetblue also has some good rates from LA, so you may give that a try as well.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle earth

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 23 2009, 6:36pm

Post #221 of 565 (3882 views)
Shortcut
Just bought my plane ticket [In reply to] Can't Post

I will arrive at JFK on Thursday at 4PM (so hopefully I will get through customs soon enough to catch up with the Thursday evening events) and will return home on Wednesday the 14th.
Any news on the hotels? I know a great cheap place and wouldn't mind sharing.

Smiling widely anticipating with all the fun Cool.

weathertop
Rohan

Jun 26 2009, 12:34am

Post #222 of 565 (3813 views)
Shortcut
since i finally stumbled across this thread [In reply to] Can't Post

i'm going to have to go read thru alllllll nine pages - sheesh! :^D

i'm planning on flying in wed afternoon and leaving prolly sunday afternoon. i'll be staying with a buddy of mine a bit over the CT border (stamford) - a 'quick' train ride even. i'm sure he will have to work at least one of the days i'm there, have to see whats going on here with you folks...

talk to you after i read all this (unless someone wants to show me a shorcut where the 'good & helpful' stuff is

weathertop
Rohan

Jun 26 2009, 12:45am

Post #223 of 565 (3820 views)
Shortcut
i have tix for fri night [In reply to] Can't Post

and i just found this thread or you'd have had my name in earlier.

BTW i have an extra ticket for the fri night show if anyone is interested...my SO had to back out of going...

Laerasėa
Tol Eressea

Jun 30 2009, 4:07pm

Post #224 of 565 (3821 views)
Shortcut
Not going to be able to make it-- [In reply to] Can't Post

Some things have come up recently, and it looks like I'm not going to be going to NY after all. I look forward to seeing photos, though! Sorry for the late-ish notice here. *sigh* It's going to be so much fun!

(and I suppose I now have an extra ticket if anyone is interested, as well).

Traveling Journal Official Site

"....But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. Last night, I experienced something new, an extraordinary meal from a singularly unexpected source. To say that both the meal and its maker have challenged my preconceptions is a gross understatement. They have rocked me to my core. In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto: Anyone can cook. I realize that only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere. "

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 30 2009, 6:43pm

Post #225 of 565 (3710 views)
Shortcut
Oh, too bad [In reply to] Can't Post

I would have loved to meet you in person.Frown
Oh well, maybe another time.Wink

First page Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 23 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.