The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
The four personality types

Dreamdeer
Valinor

May 15 2009, 11:02pm

Post #1 of 8 (5053 views)
Shortcut
The four personality types Can't Post

The four personality types--here represented by Irene the Intuitive, Cedric the Sensational, Phyllis the Feeler, and Theodore the Thinker--have come together to battle it out for possession of the One Ring, in the Town Square of Hobbiton (much to the alarm of the citizenry.) Their weapons are whatever they can grab from the surrounding shops, stalls, et cetera. Who shall win?

Life is beautiful and dangerous! Beware! Enjoy!

somuchmore
Rivendell

May 16 2009, 1:37pm

Post #2 of 8 (983 views)
Shortcut
Oh, my bet is on Irene the Intuitive [In reply to] Can't Post

Cedric the Sensational is slightly offended that Phyllis the Feeler apparently hasn't noticed his gorgeous hairstyle, and she thinks he is presumptuous with all that eye-winking and charm he throws in her direction. So they're having an increasingly heated argument in the middle of the square, neither of them in control for much longer, it seems.

So far, Theodore the Thinker waits for them to wear themselves out, while keeping a watchful eye on Irene the Intuitive. He has secured himself an umbrella, a comfy chair, a cafe-choc, a notepad and a ball-pen.

Irene the Intuitive has gotten two rolls of rope (on impulse), some firewood, a big pot, some mutton and a variety of vegetables. She has started making a meal in one corner of the square - well, you never know.
Apart from the noise from Cedric and Phyllis, nothing much is happening...Tongue

Culinary journey through Middle Earth continues! Join us on May 14th on the Main board for the next location on the renewed thread!

Middle earth recipes archive

Laerasėa
Tol Eressea

May 16 2009, 10:59pm

Post #3 of 8 (894 views)
Shortcut
*giggle* [In reply to] Can't Post

Fun!
Irene will decide that ultimately, the Ring does no good, and will try to destroy it, probably becoming addicted to it within the first five seconds of holding it. Cerdric will realize the potential for change because of the Ring, and attempt to use it against the others (he will have good motives, like Gandalf! But through him...Wink). Phyllis won't last too long, because she'll feel guilty about using an object of evil, and will recede into the background, leaving Cedric and Irene to hash it out. Phyllis had picked up the Ring first, because it was shiny, while Cedric had thought for too long about what to do with it. So Phyllis has an advantage already, but Cedric is pretty set on getting it back. Phyllis sets the Ring down because she saw a sword to fight Cedric with that physically looks more useful in a fight (Sting, let's say), and while she and Cedric are fighting, Theodore picks up the Ring and catches an Eagle, fly it to Mt. Doom, throwing it in, and then he goes back home.

There! Smile

Traveling Journal Official Site
The journal is finally in America!!

Dreamdeer
Valinor

May 17 2009, 12:44am

Post #4 of 8 (845 views)
Shortcut
Brava! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well done! I could picture that easily! Although I wouldn't trust Theodore too much. He probably has come up with nineteen different logical rationalizations for keeping the Ring on the flight over; I suspect he might have dropped a counterfeit.

somuchmore
Rivendell

May 17 2009, 8:24pm

Post #5 of 8 (909 views)
Shortcut
oops [In reply to] Can't Post

I totally skipped that part about battling it out for possession of the One Ring Blush I was already away on those personality types..oh, well..
I still bet on Irene. She changed the character of the One Ring by putting it into her boiling pot, helped and defended by the local hobbits, who gathered round in hope of a taste. Nah..maybe not Cool but did Sauron ever appreciate the power of a good meal?

Culinary journey through Middle Earth continues! Join us on May 14th on the Main board for the next location on the renewed thread!

Dreamdeer
Valinor

May 18 2009, 12:55am

Post #6 of 8 (1116 views)
Shortcut
A tasty possibility! [In reply to] Can't Post

But how many hot peppers do you have to throw in a stew before it will melt the One Ring? I'd recommend Thai peppers for the job--those things are sadistic!

somuchmore
Rivendell

May 18 2009, 8:41pm

Post #7 of 8 (5289 views)
Shortcut
hmm, interesting idea [In reply to] Can't Post

but I know next to nothing about Thai peppers, chili peppers..except that some of them are so powerful that as little as a quarter of a nail-size piece is enough for a dish, and some can be almost lethal. But maybe that's just a myth.

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jul 3 2013, 8:48pm

Post #8 of 8 (181 views)
Shortcut
cedric [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.