Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
A modest proposal for next week's Howe discussion

drogo
Lorien

Apr 19 2007, 10:11pm

Post #1 of 4 (527 views)
Shortcut
A modest proposal for next week's Howe discussion Can't Post

Okay, I am in a bit of a bind. I am going to be busy with company this weekend and next week have a couple of major things at work that are going to suck away my time. As it is, the Bakshi discussion in Movie has taken all that I can give to TORN right now and I am unable to handle any more BB code for the moment! (*Eyes squint to see if I closed all brackets*) We had talked about a John Howe discussion, but left it a little open as to who would do it (I or N.E. or someone TBA).

Here's an idea: Why don't we make it an open discussion week on Howe's work. He has done so many Middle-earth images that there is a lot to work with. People could pick two or three of their favorite images, and could post them, with or without commentary or analysis, as they wish. I'll be able to add some later in the week, but time got the best of me. We might try to organize the threads so we don't have too many here, but we could do it like the Fan Art forum in which we have thematic groups (like Balrog images or Hobbit images).

Would this work? I am open to other ideas, no problem at all. This could be a fun way to approach a very prolific artist who has done a wide range of Tolkien images over the years (and a guy who can actually wear the hyper-thin armor he loves to depict).

Discuss the Bakshi Lord of the Rings on the Movie Board starting April 16

(This post was edited by drogo on Apr 19 2007, 10:14pm)

Curious
Half-elven

Apr 19 2007, 11:23pm

Post #2 of 4 (354 views)
Shortcut
Okay by me, unless someone wants to lead./ [In reply to] Can't Post

Morwen
Rohan

Apr 19 2007, 11:23pm

Post #3 of 4 (362 views)
Shortcut
I think that would work [In reply to] Can't Post

I can at least make a committment to posting a few images, and I might even be able to wrack my brain and come up with some intelligent commentary.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I wish you could have been there
When she opened up the door
And looked me in the face
Like she never did before
I felt about as welcome
As a Wal-Mart Superstore--John Prine

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 20 2007, 1:28am

Post #4 of 4 (399 views)
Shortcut
That sounds a good idea, drogo. [In reply to] Can't Post

As long as there's no baby-eating involved.

Promises to Keep: a novel set in 19th Century New Zealand.

The Passing of Mistress Rose

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.