Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Orcs vs. Soldiers?

Olorin_uvm

May 6 2009, 9:26pm

Post #1 of 5 (5632 views)
Shortcut
Orcs vs. Soldiers? Can't Post

How good are orc soldiers? We know that Heros can kill astounding numbers of orcs in battle (such as Legolas and Gimli at Helm's Deep) and that the forces of good are often outnumbered by orc armies and still win great victories, but how much of this is caused by the orcs' low moral, bad leadership, and inferior equipment?

So if, say, 20 human soldiers fought 20 orcs and both side had the same training and equipment would the humans have an easy victory?

Pansy
Bree

May 7 2009, 5:53am

Post #2 of 5 (1208 views)
Shortcut
the soldiers [In reply to] Can't Post

the theories for the evolution of Orc Senescence
predict that Orcs who are exposed to high mortality imposed by external factors, such as weapon wielding heroes ,
will increase their birthrate and the speed at which they mature at the expense of their viable lifespan.
this means they may breed and mature more rapidly but they will also evolve to deteriorate sooner into old age.
the aforementioned external factors also cull the orc species. those Orcs who fight and run away survive to fight another day
and live to pass on the survival genes to the next generation of Orcs. this darwinistic theory explains why orcs troops can move long distances at speed and are such cowards.

so this is my conclusion in a one on one battle the smart Orcs would run first chance they get, so the soldiers win. Orcs stupid enough to stand and fight
are most likely senile and suffering from other advanced age problems like arthritis. so the soldiers would still have a major advantage.

Fruit of Laurelin
Rivendell

Jun 26 2009, 10:45am

Post #3 of 5 (949 views)
Shortcut
Soldiers for sure [In reply to] Can't Post

The orcs don't have any advantage except there's far more of them in ME than the free peoples. If they've got equal troops, I predict the orcs'll get slaughtered within 30 seconds.

LordotRings93
Rohan

Jul 10 2009, 7:36am

Post #4 of 5 (5489 views)
Shortcut
Soldiers [In reply to] Can't Post

Orcs are like battle droids: not smart at all, but mainly to gang up in huge numbers.

The HUGEST Lord of the Rings fan ever!
Owner of all Lord of the Rings merchandise.
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jul 3 2013, 8:49pm

Post #5 of 5 (175 views)
Shortcut
humans [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.