Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
How old are you? (Anonymous answers accepted.)
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: How old are you? (Anonymous answers accepted.)
10 or under
11-15
16-20
21-25
26-30
31-35
36-40
41-45
46-50
51-55
56-60
61-65
66-70
71-75
76-80
over 80
View Results (120 votes)

Curious
Half-elven

May 6 2009, 2:49pm

Post #1 of 74 (1034 views)
Shortcut
How old are you? (Anonymous answers accepted.) Can't Post

But please, be honest.

I'm 48, by the way.

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Jun 8 2009, 12:21am)

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

May 6 2009, 2:55pm

Post #2 of 74 (462 views)
Shortcut
I'm 26. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Magpie
Immortal

May 6 2009, 3:07pm

Post #3 of 74 (490 views)
Shortcut
I've taken to saying, [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm older than book Frodo when he left the Shire to destroy the Ring.

Sometimes, when meeting people online in casual ways (like answering a question or providing a resource) I sense an eagerness to chat and be friendly from someone I also sense is quite young. I get along well with young people and I don't have a problem with it. But I think many young people also think every person they're talking to is a peer and they think I'm a 15 year old as well. It worries me just a little, I think some are so open and trusting. But I always want them to be clear that I am an adult. Pretty harmless but not a peer. So I use that little phrase to explain that.

Larewen
Lorien

May 6 2009, 3:35pm

Post #4 of 74 (458 views)
Shortcut
Do I have to tell? [In reply to] Can't Post

I voted but not sure I want to reveal the answer. Wink

Donry
Tol Eressea

May 6 2009, 3:41pm

Post #5 of 74 (471 views)
Shortcut
I'm the [In reply to] Can't Post

35 dude.....kind of a no where age....an in-between age....it is that age you realize you are not old yet (old is now 93), but you are also not quite young enough to do what you used to. Like be out until 3:30 am everynight at clubs or playing pick-up hockey all night and still get up for work in the morning and be functional! Still young...but not that young. There is a saying....you can only be young once, but you can be immature forever.

Darkstone
Immortal

May 6 2009, 4:23pm

Post #6 of 74 (481 views)
Shortcut
One year over the speed limit. [In reply to] Can't Post

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

May 6 2009, 4:25pm

Post #7 of 74 (495 views)
Shortcut
That's an interesting bell curve. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm 52.

Last night my dad was talking about the family getting together for Mother's Day and said he didn't want to travel because "Your mother and I are getting old." She said "I'm not." They're both approaching 80 and she's almost completely disabled with Parkinson's and he takes care of her. But good for her that she claims not to be getting old :-) When she turned 61 she said she was reversing it and celebrating her "sweet 16" birthday. Dad said last night that at 79 that strategy wasn't working out as well.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

May 6 2009, 4:27pm

Post #8 of 74 (462 views)
Shortcut
That's my favorite number [In reply to] Can't Post

being as how it's the year I was born.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

May 6 2009, 4:33pm

Post #9 of 74 (460 views)
Shortcut
Online stuff is so interesting. [In reply to] Can't Post

My daughter was devastated a few years ago when one of her online friends died. This was someone who had been writing slash in the fanfiction.net website. My daughter thought the other woman was maybe 20 years old. Turns out she was in her mid eighties, and was writing slash because she had a gay great-grandson (!)

It just goes to show how unimportant biological age really is, once you get past your mid-teens or so. Online we meet people spirit-to-spirit, and things like age, race, gender, disability, appearance and so on don't get in the way unless we invite them to.

RosieLass
Valinor

May 6 2009, 4:35pm

Post #10 of 74 (485 views)
Shortcut
My favorite ages to tell were... [In reply to] Can't Post

...when I was Jack Benny's age (39) and when I was the answer to life, the universe, and everything (42).

But now I'm plain ol' 43.

acheron
Gondor

May 6 2009, 5:02pm

Post #11 of 74 (451 views)
Shortcut
as am I // [In reply to] Can't Post

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

May 6 2009, 5:06pm

Post #12 of 74 (446 views)
Shortcut
I'm 42. [In reply to] Can't Post

Interestingly, that is the age my mother was when she had her first child (me). She then had two more in two years. She is about to turn 84 at the end of this month. I heard somewhere that the ability to carry a child to term at an older maternal age indicates the mother will likely have a long life. Well, she's at least one instance where that is true. She also is very independent, lives alone and drives a car. She occasionally babysits my brother's kids, but as they are 9 and 10 years old, we joke that they are baby sitting her. Tongue

Woodyend
Gondor

May 6 2009, 5:08pm

Post #13 of 74 (435 views)
Shortcut
It aint the age it's the mileage. I'm 50.// [In reply to] Can't Post

LEGIONTX
Rivendell

May 6 2009, 5:12pm

Post #14 of 74 (453 views)
Shortcut
I'm a whopping [In reply to] Can't Post

37 years old{physically anyways}. Mentally I'm still in my tweens' Blush

(This post was edited by LEGIONTX on May 6 2009, 5:15pm)

somuchmore
Rivendell

May 6 2009, 7:00pm

Post #15 of 74 (472 views)
Shortcut
I didn't know that one [In reply to] Can't Post

'young once, immature forever' Cool ahem, well..
I remember 35..those were the days my friend, but being immature, he he - don't worry!

Morrowdim
Rivendell

May 6 2009, 7:26pm

Post #16 of 74 (460 views)
Shortcut
I like to say that my birth certificate says I am Young, but [In reply to] Can't Post

in truth, I'm 38. When I turned 30, I sang, danced, and shouted it from the roof tops. I look forward to reaching 40 and beyond.

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 6 2009, 7:32pm

Post #17 of 74 (419 views)
Shortcut
34 [In reply to] Can't Post

and some days I feel old (last time in the cinema when the young children behind my politely asked "Mrs, do you know the time" and I was wondering who the mrs. was). And some days feel young (when I like to jump around in rain pools).
Age is just a number, you are as old as you feel.

Zmulady
Rohan

May 6 2009, 7:49pm

Post #18 of 74 (442 views)
Shortcut
41 [In reply to] Can't Post

Woodyend
Gondor

May 6 2009, 8:08pm

Post #19 of 74 (412 views)
Shortcut
Let me know if you still feel that way when you hit 50. [In reply to] Can't Post

Then again it beats the alternative.

Annael
Half-elven

May 6 2009, 8:20pm

Post #20 of 74 (421 views)
Shortcut
57 [In reply to] Can't Post

Most people peg me at somewhere in the early 40s, so it's fun to announce my real age to them. One of the advantages of living in the Pacific Northwest all my life: no sun damage to skin! And I seem to be following in my dad's footsteps; he began to go grey around 60, and I'm just starting. My parents are still going strong (Mom will be 90 this fall, Dad plays tennis three times a week), so I figure I'm barely halfway through my life. Way too soon to be old.

Woodyend
Gondor

May 6 2009, 8:32pm

Post #21 of 74 (409 views)
Shortcut
Started turning grey at 21. Now I have a full head of hair of it. [In reply to] Can't Post

However, I do get total strangers stopping me to complemen it's color.

(This post was edited by Woodyend on May 6 2009, 8:33pm)

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

May 6 2009, 9:12pm

Post #22 of 74 (407 views)
Shortcut
I didn't like turning 30 or 40, but [In reply to] Can't Post

50 was great! :-)

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

May 6 2009, 10:16pm

Post #23 of 74 (412 views)
Shortcut
I liked 42 too. [In reply to] Can't Post

And I enjoy being a perfect square when it comes around, which it does less and less frequently as time goes by.

At 43, you can say you're in your 'prime'.

(This post was edited by Aunt Dora Baggins on May 6 2009, 10:16pm)

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

May 6 2009, 10:25pm

Post #24 of 74 (400 views)
Shortcut
16 [In reply to] Can't Post

I've said it once, and I'll say it again, I'm the 'Young' Ringer.

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

May 6 2009, 10:40pm

Post #25 of 74 (411 views)
Shortcut
I'm 19- almost out of the teens [In reply to] Can't Post

And I'll be happy when I reach 20.

I'm blunt with my age, now that I am a legal adult. Beforehand I was not- I didn't like being categorized with the "stupid teenagers", especially since my first hang outs were philosophical discussion boards when I was 13-14.

I'm happy to be older, to say the least. Not sure if my answer will remain the same in a couple decades ;)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.