Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome all, to Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

May 1 2009, 4:13pm

Post #1 of 101 (903 views)
Shortcut
Welcome all, to Fiesta Friday! Can't Post

Welcome, TORNsibs, to our weekly Fiesta Friday celebration!

What a week it was! THe 10th Anniversary bash was fabulous, some very important VIPs chimed in and/or sent their wishes (check out this late arrival) Smile, we had some amazing and fun threads on every board and a good time was had by everyone. Laugh If you haven't checked out the WETA birthday card and birthday song, you must! Oh, and we got quite a few new members in the past week, so welcome to all!

Thanks again to all the organizers!

Now, it's time to kick back and tell us how your week went, what you have planned for the weekend, or both! Tomorrow, BG and I are going to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary! Three wonderful years that came about all because of KiKn and TORn. Smile

Oh, and since I'm swamped with work today this will be a self-serve Fiesta unless someone want to jump behind the bar and serve a few.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

*kicks juke box* "Hey Jude" buy The Beatles plays

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

(This post was edited by Altaira on May 1 2009, 4:17pm)

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

May 1 2009, 4:28pm

Post #2 of 101 (640 views)
Shortcut
I'm still trying to catch up [In reply to] Can't Post

but it's been a very busy week for me, mostly involving a lot of driving here, there and everywhere. I'll just hop behind the bar and help myself to a hard lemonade to go.

But it's been pretty nice weather-wise, and I have most of my garden planted, and I'm working on my flower boxes right now. Not to mention cutting the grass, which grows almost visibly in the spring. Although I was sorry to cut all the little daisies, but they'll come back!

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

Magpie
Immortal

May 1 2009, 4:28pm

Post #3 of 101 (655 views)
Shortcut
Happy May Day! [In reply to] Can't Post

(where is everyone?)

It's sunny and I'll pretend it's warm (current temp is: 54 F). My son was off before dawn to dance the sun up. I slept in but will find some way to enjoy the most joyous of holidays, May Day.

If I could have a spicy (but non alcoholic) ginger beer please?

2009 Tolkien Computer Monitor Calendars
LOTR soundtrack website : CD Editions & Similarities Updates March 08
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

May 1 2009, 4:44pm

Post #4 of 101 (637 views)
Shortcut
Wow, three years already! [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember that beautiful wedding reception like it was yesterday. :-)

I celebrated May Day by sneaking a May basket onto the desk of the secretary who aways has chocolate for everyone. I think it's mostly a lost tradition, but when I was a kid we used to make May baskets by folding a cootie catcher and attaching a paper handle. We used to fill them with candy and flowers, put them on the neighbors' porches, ring the bell, and run away. The tradition was if the recipient caught you as you were running away, they could kiss you. My dad remembers doing that as a child too, but the tradition died out when I was a teen and I don't think it's done anymore. We didn't teach it to our kids, because we weren't sure how the neighbors would receive it.

So, in honor of a lovely rainy May Day, I'll help myself to a nice hot chocolate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Eventides
Tol Eressea

May 1 2009, 4:47pm

Post #5 of 101 (636 views)
Shortcut
*skids in* [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, Altaira! :)

*Whew!* Had some work to do on my site first, but I got here ASAWHP (As Soon As Was Humanly Possible). :D

And another *whew!* is that I'm still looking through the 10th Anniversary stuff :D -- what a great celebration!!! (And congratulations to you and BG too, Altaira, on your own anniversary! :) )

*gets Spring Usual* I hope you all have a great weekend, everyone! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 1 2009, 4:54pm

Post #6 of 101 (647 views)
Shortcut
Cheers Altaira and all my sibbies! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a flurry! I don't think we've shaken the rafters like that for eons! I'm desperately trying to get to all of the threads, and am determined to do just that...even if they've fallen off the page! I still drink in the excitement of such a fabulous milestone, and I love that our Founders really know how much we adore them. *makes ooogie face* They're the best!

I'm also celebrating what I hope will be a wise choice. I've *gulp* just now ordered high-speed internet for my home at what *gulp* I hope will be a monthly rate I can afford. After sitting for 14 minutes at 4:45 this morning to log into TORn... I'd had enough. Beside, the dialup through my workplace that was free is going to have its plug pulled mid-May (couple of weeks), so doors are closing and doors are opening to what I think will be a doable deed. Needless to say, to get into the internet at home without being burdened with loading woes is thrilling to me beyond squeeee!!

So here's to 10 years + 1 week and to all of you. All be speeding your way in no time... once the satellite shows up and I climb onto the roof ;)

HUGGLES! *grabs pink lemonade* Have a great weekend everyone!

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual
......Founder's Day Celebration
...........Established 4/26/09

...Corvar, Xoanon, Tehanu, Calisuri.....LARGER IMAGE

TORn's Observations Lists

Magpie
Immortal

May 1 2009, 4:58pm

Post #7 of 101 (647 views)
Shortcut
Once you use high speed... [In reply to] Can't Post

You'll never look back. When we were cutting all fat from our budget, the high speed internet wasn't even considered. I would hold onto that before a phone, I think. I mean... I use the phone about 5 times a month, these days. And 75% of the time I answer it... it's telemarketing.

Life will never be the same!

cheers all.

2009 Tolkien Computer Monitor Calendars
LOTR soundtrack website : CD Editions & Similarities Updates March 08
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

RosieLass
Valinor

May 1 2009, 5:01pm

Post #8 of 101 (645 views)
Shortcut
Happy anniversary! [In reply to] Can't Post

Your third??? Time flies when you're having fun, doesn't it? Cool

I'll have a celebratory cup of coffee, with an extra dash of caffeine. I'm still staying up way too late playing LOTRO. Obviously at heart I'm a 17-year-old boy...

I forgot to wear my step counter yesterday, so I walked extra hard to make sure I had my 10,000 steps for the day. I probably walked at least 14,000, but only gave myself credit for 10,000. *sigh*

Have a great weekend, all!

"Rabbit's clever," said Pooh thoughtfully.
"Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit's clever."
"And he has Brains."
"Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit has Brains."
There was a long silence.
"I suppose," said Pooh, "that that's why he never understands anything."

- A. A. Milne

diedye
Grey Havens

May 1 2009, 5:01pm

Post #9 of 101 (651 views)
Shortcut
First she's climbing onto tables, now she's aiming for the roof... [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't worry, gramma... you'll get to Everest one day. Laugh

Blessed are the cracked,
For they are the ones who let in the light!

RosieLass
Valinor

May 1 2009, 5:03pm

Post #10 of 101 (616 views)
Shortcut
Look out! [In reply to] Can't Post

Gramma's already immortal! She'll be gunning for Eru's chair next! Laugh

"Rabbit's clever," said Pooh thoughtfully.
"Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit's clever."
"And he has Brains."
"Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit has Brains."
There was a long silence.
"I suppose," said Pooh, "that that's why he never understands anything."

- A. A. Milne

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 1 2009, 5:04pm

Post #11 of 101 (633 views)
Shortcut
It's May already? A most Happy Anniversary, Altaira & BG! [In reply to] Can't Post

What's that saying: time flies when you're having fun! Cool

A misty, rainy day here - perfect for hot cocoa. *looks in 'fridge* Ah, good, whipped cream to top it off!

*raises mug* Here's to many more happy years together!

This has been a too-busy work week, and no rest this weekend with workshops and digital piano group rehearsals and performances. And catching up with all these posts from last weekend - I get the feeling that's what most of us will be doing! Laugh

That was a most marvellous celebration! Smile Maybe we should do it again...

Have a relaxing weekend, everyone!

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 1 2009, 5:09pm

Post #12 of 101 (611 views)
Shortcut
Whoopie! [In reply to] Can't Post

That is such happy news! How soon will it be installed?

Let us know what it's like to be zooming around in the comfort of your own home! Smile

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 1 2009, 5:10pm

Post #13 of 101 (605 views)
Shortcut
Hi, Evey! [In reply to] Can't Post

How is your computer situation? Did you get a new one yet?

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 1 2009, 5:14pm

Post #14 of 101 (634 views)
Shortcut
May baskets! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's one tradition that's sad to see pass; glad you were able to keep up the tradition!

Got some whipped cream for your hot chocolate - it is the perfect day for that, isn't it!

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 1 2009, 5:15pm

Post #15 of 101 (627 views)
Shortcut
Oh, thank you for that lovely Maypole! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 1 2009, 5:16pm

Post #16 of 101 (634 views)
Shortcut
So, what did you end up [In reply to] Can't Post

planting in your garden? Smile

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

May 1 2009, 5:16pm

Post #17 of 101 (642 views)
Shortcut
It seems like my hangover from the last party just ended, LOL! [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy anniversary! And, hey, UT and I just had our fourth wedding anniversary a little over a week ago! Unfortunately, *I* forgot the date and made travel plans to visit my mom. We spent most of the big day in airports and on the plane Ė Argh! Then the actual visiting of my cranky mom/UTís mother-in-law and helping her with home repairs Ė not a romantic weekend, LOL! We did go out for KFC for lunch one dayÖ. :D (Well, okay, we did celebrate over the weekend before the trip. Had a lovely Italian meal at one of our favorite restaurants. But it makes a better story, talking about our suffering.)

*mixes dirty Stoli martini and muses on the upcoming weekend*

I think Iíll spend much of it calling old friends and relatives. UT and I recently got rid of our land line and now use cell phones exclusively. Need to give everyone the number, and itíll be lots of fun catching up with them.

Happy celebrating, Altaira! I hope itís wonderfully romantic!

~~~~~~~~

The TORNsib formerly known as Galadriel.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 1 2009, 5:18pm

Post #18 of 101 (600 views)
Shortcut
GMTA! [In reply to] Can't Post

We both thought the same phrase! Laugh

You have a great weekend too, Rosie!

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

May 1 2009, 5:25pm

Post #19 of 101 (632 views)
Shortcut
I forgot it was Friday! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, it's been a while since that's happened to me! Cleaned my apartment and finished a Mother's Day scarf, so I'm ready to relax this weekend. Weather permitting, I'm headed out to the lake with friends this weekend.

Happy Friday, everyone! And a big Happy Anniversary to Altaira and BG!!

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive
The Screencap of the Day Schedule for April

(This post was edited by Arwen's daughter on May 1 2009, 5:27pm)

Ginger
Lorien

May 1 2009, 5:28pm

Post #20 of 101 (624 views)
Shortcut
Happy anniversary! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just think it's so cool how you met.

I'm working both days this weekend, but soon there won't be weekend hours for extra money so I'm grabbing them while I can. We're not supposed to have rain, so I hope I can get in the yard.

*grabs hard lemonade* Have a great weekend, everyone!

Ginger
Lorien

May 1 2009, 5:29pm

Post #21 of 101 (600 views)
Shortcut
Have a great weekend, O Immortal one [In reply to] Can't Post

Ginger
Lorien

May 1 2009, 5:30pm

Post #22 of 101 (595 views)
Shortcut
I like your avatar [In reply to] Can't Post

You're so creative!

Aerin
Grey Havens

May 1 2009, 5:39pm

Post #23 of 101 (606 views)
Shortcut
How nice to hear from Howard Shore! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll drink to that!

Hobbit Family Histories

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

May 1 2009, 5:41pm

Post #24 of 101 (619 views)
Shortcut
Happy Anniversary, Altaira and BG! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll pour myself some virtual champagne to celebrate. And to toast everyone who put on the marvelous celebration of last week. Whew! What a party! All we needed was a fireworks dragon erupting from each of our computers, swooping low, and then disappearing over Bywater.

Have a peaceful and healthy weekend, y'all!

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

Eventides
Tol Eressea

May 1 2009, 5:44pm

Post #25 of 101 (617 views)
Shortcut
Hi, dernwyn! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Not yet-- it's technically "in" the budget, but I don't know when exactly we're going to be able to buy it. (We're hoping within the next month or so; but we'll have to see.)

At any rate, we have managed to work it out (at least these past couple of weeks :) ) so that I can have the use of our current machine on Fridays, for which I am grateful! :)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, dernwyn! :)

Eventides' Website!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.