Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
**TORn 10th Anniversary Tributes to our Founders from VIP FRIENDS OF TORn!!** Note--> VIP Posts have hearts next to them :-)
First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next page Last page  View All

Alicia
Lorien

Apr 27 2009, 4:08pm

Post #301 of 327 (39504 views)
Shortcut
Better late than never! [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't know why I can't figure out how to start a new post instead of just replying to someone else's... Crazy Oh, well. Anyway, I just wanted to say I've been having a blast reading all of the posts here, & I wish I'd joined a lot sooner than I did!Evil

-Alicia

P.S. Hey Daniel - look what I found! Sly (If I can get it to work, that is...)
Attachments: Torn.jpg (165 KB)

weaver
Half-elven

Apr 27 2009, 4:42pm

Post #302 of 327 (40162 views)
Shortcut
it's been nice having you on the LOTR Movie board lately... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for this 10th anniversary tribute and there will always be a nice comfy chair reserved for you any time you stop by to visit us!

Weaver

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual
......Founder's Day Celebration
...........Established 4/26/09

...Corvar, Xoanon, Tehanu, Calisuri.....LARGER IMAGE

weaver
Half-elven

Apr 27 2009, 4:43pm

Post #303 of 327 (40877 views)
Shortcut
thanks for stopping by.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I love reading the transcripts posted here of your shows!

Weaver

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual

weaver
Half-elven

Apr 27 2009, 4:48pm

Post #304 of 327 (40198 views)
Shortcut
that was so nice to read... [In reply to] Can't Post

I really like his sense of how the fans and academics compliment each other...and TORn's role in bringing those worlds together...he's a class act. So nice he took the time to send his greetings!

Thanks, Professor Drout!

Weaver

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 27 2009, 7:03pm

Post #305 of 327 (39364 views)
Shortcut
Very well put! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual

Elven
Valinor

Apr 27 2009, 7:06pm

Post #306 of 327 (39355 views)
Shortcut
Great to see you here ... [In reply to] Can't Post

it was just what we needed Doug - some music and a fabulous speech to kick the party into gear again!
*Elven gets out tuba* (everybody runs into the kitchen Wink)

Thankyou for dropping by ... tORN is a great family home indeed! There's always a welcome sign at the door and the porch light never goes out.

Cheers
Elven x

Swishtail.

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

Avatar: Liberace - The other Lord of the Rings.

Quote of The Week: The thing is I always write in the morning, and I know that if I go to the Net I won’t write ... you can start in the most scholarly website and end up at Paris Hilton dot com .. GdT

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Apr 28 2009, 2:50am

Post #307 of 327 (39633 views)
Shortcut
Thank you Sohaib [In reply to] Can't Post

so love to read the transcripts of your show.

Kel x

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 28 2009, 4:47pm

Post #308 of 327 (39662 views)
Shortcut
Cheers Mr. Anderson ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

And here's to another 10 years of collaboration. You're going to be a very busy man, methinks, with this little movie that's coming out in the next few years :D

CHEERS! And thanks for joining the party!

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual

TORn's Observations Lists

Amy H. Sturgis

Apr 29 2009, 11:34am

Post #309 of 327 (39168 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! It's great to join you here in celebrating such a milestone for TORn.

Amy H. Sturgis, Ph.D.
Visit My Website
Visit My Blog

"I give you this toast: To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, 1958

Amy H. Sturgis

Apr 29 2009, 11:38am

Post #310 of 327 (39099 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you so much for your kind words - I'm so thrilled that you're interested in my new project, and that you've enjoyed my past work, as well. I'm so grateful for the ongoing support and encouragement of the wonderful people in the Tolkien community! I agree: here's to another ten years. Cheers!

Amy H. Sturgis, Ph.D.
Visit My Website
Visit My Blog

"I give you this toast: To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, 1958

Amy H. Sturgis

Apr 29 2009, 11:40am

Post #311 of 327 (39436 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks so much for posting this for me while I was on the road, Altaira! I greatly appreciate it.

Amy H. Sturgis, Ph.D.
Visit My Website
Visit My Blog

- J.R.R. Tolkien, 1958

Amy H. Sturgis

Apr 29 2009, 11:43am

Post #312 of 327 (39319 views)
Shortcut
Thank YOU so much! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks a million for your kind words! I'm so grateful for the friendship, support, and encouragement of the Tolkien community all of these years. How the time has flown! Here's to another decade...!

Amy H. Sturgis, Ph.D.
Visit My Website
Visit My Blog

- J.R.R. Tolkien, 1958

Amy H. Sturgis

Apr 29 2009, 12:22pm

Post #313 of 327 (39673 views)
Shortcut
Hello, Lynnette! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello there! It's great to connect with you - I think of you every week when I get my Sayid fix. Wink

I'm glad you send your students to TORn, too! Sometimes they think I'm so nerdy (well, I am), but TORn is an amazing resource.

I couldn't agree more (both about being so nerdy - I definitely am! - and about TORn being an amazing resource).

I hope we'll be able to compare notes on teaching and writing at another convention.

I would love that! I do hope our paths will cross soon.

(Speaking of which, is there any chance you'll be at the World Science Fiction Convention in Montreal this August?)

Amy H. Sturgis, Ph.D.
Visit My Website
Visit My Blog

- J.R.R. Tolkien, 1958

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 29 2009, 5:02pm

Post #314 of 327 (40203 views)
Shortcut
*flying tackle-hug!* THERE YOU ARE! [In reply to] Can't Post

And where have I been for the past few days to take so long to respond?

I've thought of you so much, and of how this wouldn't be a complete party without you here. Oh, Dear Sir... you are missed and still very much a MASSIVE part of TORn for me!

I've loved your guidance at all of our conventions and cheered whenever you appeared.

The very first thing I read in TORn was a link from the "official" site to your Green Book series "Where the stars are strange". It's still one of my favourite things to read that carries me into this magic journey we've all taken together through Tolkien's world via Jackson's eyes.

Thank you for all that you have done and been for us. I DEARLY hope to see you again at the conventions and Oscar parties for The Hobbit(s).

*warm hug*

All good wishes to you.

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 30 2009, 12:47am

Post #315 of 327 (39598 views)
Shortcut
Isn't this a riot of a party!? :D [In reply to] Can't Post

And it's perfect that you're here to share it with us. You've been so great about keeping the fire of our passion alive with your honorable book on Howard Shore's music for The Lord of the Rings and the heroic effort to give it the reverie it deserves. You've done so much to keep ME excited about the films and the music... and I can't WAIT to finally dive into your work :D

Cheers, Sir... and here's to many, many more years!

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 30 2009, 12:52am

Post #316 of 327 (39278 views)
Shortcut
Thank you so much! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a gracious compliment :) Tolkien really has crossed over all forms of "entertainment"; to include text, games, film, music, television, etc... but most profound to me is the social interaction that has come about. A qualitiy of Tolkien, to be sure, is to communicate, share, inspire, and maintain. I find that at TORn every day.

Thank you so much for sharing in our celebration :D

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Apr 30 2009, 10:43pm

Post #317 of 327 (39328 views)
Shortcut
I love that winter map. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks so much for letting us see it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Colleen Doran
The Shire

May 1 2009, 1:02am

Post #318 of 327 (39494 views)
Shortcut
I'm glad you liked the feet! [In reply to] Can't Post

I could not ask for a greater compliment than this. thank you so very very much! I am deeply grateful that you took the time to post this and let me know you liked the drawing.

I did this for one of the ORC conventions, and I am so happy to have had the opportunity to share this with all of you!

I look forward to seeing you again and sharing many more happy memories!

c

The A Distant Soil Webcomic and Blog
Colleen Doran's Website

Colleen Doran
The Shire

May 1 2009, 1:19am

Post #319 of 327 (39404 views)
Shortcut
Hi Daniel! [In reply to] Can't Post

Heart Lovely to see you here!!! Please send my warmest regards to your family.

I echo your thoughts about the joys of making art. It is work, but it is work that is a pleasure. There is no greater privilege. And to be able to enjoy this great privilege in the friendly surroundings of home and green gardens...I cannot expect more of this life. Putter in the garden by day, draw and paint all night. What a happy life! I can't decide if it's all hobbit or all elf!

I do hope to see you again someday soon!

c

The A Distant Soil Webcomic and Blog
Colleen Doran's Website

Lossefalme
Gondor

May 3 2009, 4:32am

Post #320 of 327 (39108 views)
Shortcut
Wonderful! Thank you! // [In reply to] Can't Post

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Lossefalme
Gondor

May 3 2009, 4:48am

Post #321 of 327 (39127 views)
Shortcut
I'm speechless! [In reply to] Can't Post

That was just about the coolest thing ever! It's 12:43 am and I just woke Mr. Losse up to see it. He wasn't quite as thrilled as I am, but that's just the sleep talking. Thank you all so much for taking time out to celebrate with us. This is one of my favorite "places" to be and some of the best people to be with. It's so wonderful that you're all a part of it, too! I have to admit that I'm giggling through my tears. I'm just an emotional wreck. I just can't say it enough, so "thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Lossefalme
Gondor

May 3 2009, 4:54am

Post #322 of 327 (39136 views)
Shortcut
Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you so much for taking time out of your incredibly busy schedule. It's really quite humbling. My TORn map is one of my greatest treasures. Thanks for sharing your remarkable talents and time with us!

Lossefalme
Gondor

May 3 2009, 4:58am

Post #323 of 327 (39086 views)
Shortcut
I was literally just reading my CC booklet again this week! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a thrilling and wonderful way to celebrate this wonderful place and the amazing people here! Thank you Doug, for the amazing work that you have done and continue to do, and thank you Altaira for passing his message along!

Magnus

May 3 2009, 7:09am

Post #324 of 327 (39576 views)
Shortcut
I'm gonna steal that second line... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I love the way it sums up what were trying to do. :-)

Cheers
Magnus

hobbithearted

May 30 2009, 4:24pm

Post #325 of 327 (38945 views)
Shortcut
Willowbank Trees update [In reply to] Can't Post

I was wondering how big the LoTR commemorative trees got in Willowbank Park in NZ that were planted in 2004 so I emailed the Friends of the Tawa Bush Reserves and Richard Herbert there was kind enough to take a few photos to show how much they've grown. He said they're about 12-feet tall - about double the height than when they were planted. Yay! I can't wait until I make it to NZ someday to see how big they've grown!

Here are the photos:

-Carolyn/HH

http://carolynmom.blogspot.com

First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.