Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
**TORn 10th Anniversary Tributes to our Founders from VIP FRIENDS OF TORn!!** Note--> VIP Posts have hearts next to them :-)
First page Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

Lynnette Porter

Apr 26 2009, 2:51pm

Post #176 of 327 (43035 views)
Shortcut
At least 10 more! [In reply to] Can't Post

I like the "at least"! Seriously, what would I do without visiting TORn with my morning coffee?

Thanks for your kind words.

And I'll add a shameless plug for my upcoming book, since you mentioned my earlier one. I'm excited about this book because I got to write about hobbits again. Tauris is publishing Hobbits: The Many Lives of Bilbo, Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin about this time next year. I guess you can tell what it's about! Wink The fun part for me was seeing, reading, and attending so many adaptations. "Research" is truly a wonderful thing!

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Apr 26 2009, 2:53pm

Post #177 of 327 (42983 views)
Shortcut
Thank you... [In reply to] Can't Post

...for the sensitivity and care of your artwork. The virtual feast is laid, steaming on the platters under an open sky, the minstrels strike up the music, the first hobbits dance on the green, and the fireworks have begun to burst--enjoy the party!

Life is beautiful and dangerous! Beware! Enjoy!

Lynnette Porter

Apr 26 2009, 2:56pm

Post #178 of 327 (43011 views)
Shortcut
Hello, Daniel! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's so good to see you here--although I confess I expected to read a post from you. You're such an integral part of the Tolkien community and TORn--it wouldn't be a party without you!

What a fantastic map! As always, I'm in awe of your work and can't wait to see more.

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Apr 26 2009, 2:57pm

Post #179 of 327 (43001 views)
Shortcut
Aha! An answerer of questions! [In reply to] Can't Post

So here's one (if somebody already asked it in this long thread that I'm dashing through before mass, just say "see above" and I'll be content.)

In the everyday world of noise and distraction, how do you clear your head and get your focus reset to Middle Earth prior to capturing its essence in art?

Lynnette Porter

Apr 26 2009, 3:02pm

Post #180 of 327 (43081 views)
Shortcut
Hello, Colleen! [In reply to] Can't Post

I like your comment about the "family reunions." How true that is! It's been awhile, but you included me in your "extended family" at ELF a few years back. I've always enjoyed your art, and meeting you at ELF was a special treat. I hope you know how much your art enriches all us fans' Tolkien experience.

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Apr 26 2009, 3:03pm

Post #181 of 327 (42940 views)
Shortcut
May your fandom and ours... [In reply to] Can't Post

...forever toast each other in the virtual "bird and babe".

Lynnette Porter

Apr 26 2009, 3:11pm

Post #182 of 327 (42916 views)
Shortcut
Hello, Amy! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congratulations on your forthcoming book! I'll look forward to it.

I'm glad you send your students to TORn, too! Sometimes they think I'm so nerdy (well, I am), but TORn is an amazing resource. I hope we'll be able to compare notes on teaching and writing at another convention.

ringers rock!
Rivendell

Apr 26 2009, 3:17pm

Post #183 of 327 (43021 views)
Shortcut
the levels of LOTR fandom are complex [In reply to] Can't Post

Fan video from the fans of fans?! Who knew? Thanks WETA!!

And thanks TORN, for blurring the lines that have kept fan-watchers and fan-makers apart for far too long!

silneldor
Half-elven

Apr 26 2009, 3:29pm

Post #184 of 327 (42799 views)
Shortcut
Welcome Garfeimao! [In reply to] Can't Post

It is wonderful having you come join this grand party.
John Noble? Geez, that is cool. Gee, Garf see if he could stop in later. Heck, who know how long this happening will continueSmile.
Besides that, have great fun at the festival:)!
Cheers!

''What connects Nature to the spiritual, or requires the presence of the latter? In positive terms, as Alkis Kontos points out, when nature was still largely experienced as integral, alive and active, 'It was the spiritual dimension of the world, its enchanted, magical quality that rendered it infinite, not amenable to complete calculability; spirit could not be quanified; it permitted and invited mythologization.' And I would add, it still is and does.''
Patrick Curry-Defending Middle-Earth-Tolkien: Myth and Modernity - chapter: 'The Sea: Spirituality and Ethics.'

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 26 2009, 3:32pm

Post #185 of 327 (43218 views)
Shortcut
I will, Tehanu - thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll coordinate the dates we're thinking of going to NZ. The sketching tour would be awesome!

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 26 2009, 3:34pm

Post #186 of 327 (42948 views)
Shortcut
I love that [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember being fascinated with a huge painting at the Chicago Art Museum that looked like blobs of paint up close... and perfectly formed lace from a distance. And you're right. That lizard has a 'tude!.

2009 Tolkien Computer Monitor Calendars
LOTR soundtrack website : CD Editions & Similarities Updates March 08
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

OhioHobbit
Gondor

Apr 26 2009, 3:39pm

Post #187 of 327 (42905 views)
Shortcut
Hi, Kristin! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just wanted to add my voice to what everyone else has said here. A lot of people are keeping their fingers crossed for your next project, including me. I am so looking forward to reading your next book!

Movie Technical Discussion -- Index

OhioHobbit
Gondor

Apr 26 2009, 4:04pm

Post #188 of 327 (42919 views)
Shortcut
Hello Daniel. . . [In reply to] Can't Post

from another one of your many admirers who just couldn’t pass up this opportunity to say hi. Thank you so much for being here!

deej
Tol Eressea

Apr 26 2009, 4:15pm

Post #189 of 327 (43008 views)
Shortcut
The last 10 years have also gone to my heart. [In reply to] Can't Post

Not in an artery-clogging way Wink, but with all the love and kindness that has passed through this wonderful little site over the years. A little cheesy perhaps, but meant none the less.

I'm glad that you're a part of that now, Mr. del Toro.

"...and back again."

deej
Tol Eressea

Apr 26 2009, 4:16pm

Post #190 of 327 (43191 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to the family, Doug! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"...and back again."

deej
Tol Eressea

Apr 26 2009, 4:19pm

Post #191 of 327 (42684 views)
Shortcut
Thank you, Anne! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've enjoyed getting to spend a bit of time with you over the past couple of DragonCon's, and am sorry that I won't get to see you this year. All the best to you!

"...and back again."

deej
Tol Eressea

Apr 26 2009, 4:20pm

Post #192 of 327 (43085 views)
Shortcut
That was lovely - thank you!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"...and back again."

deej
Tol Eressea

Apr 26 2009, 4:23pm

Post #193 of 327 (42790 views)
Shortcut
Thank you, Daniel [In reply to] Can't Post

No questions, really - just wanted to add my lists of thanks for the wonderful TORn map you did for Altaira (my copy proudly hangs on the wall in front of me as I type this.) Some TORn sibs and I are planning to come down to NZ next spring, and I know we'd all love to buy you a pint if you're free. Smile

"...and back again."

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 26 2009, 4:31pm

Post #194 of 327 (43280 views)
Shortcut
Message from Douglas A. Anderson [In reply to] Can't Post

Douglas A. Anderson, well-know Tolkien scholar and author of The Annotated Hobbit, sent this nice message to be posted here!

Ten years and counting! It's been quite a ride. Congratulations to Calisuri, Corvar, Tehanu and Xoanon, and the extended TOR.n staff! I look forward to following your reporting on Hobbit and other Tolkien-related developments for many years to come.

Douglas. A. Anderson

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

(This post was edited by Altaira on Apr 26 2009, 7:00pm)

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Apr 26 2009, 4:42pm

Post #195 of 327 (43234 views)
Shortcut
It is a strange fate [In reply to] Can't Post

that I should feel so honored and moved by a post that includes the phrase "thighs and bottom." Laugh But I disagree about where the decade goes -- all the important stuff goes into your brain as knowledge, experiences and friendships. Auspicious indeed! Thanks for your message, and all the work you're doing on The Hobbit. If you need a hand, we're all here for you! Smile

"I have not much hope that Gollum can be cured before he dies, but there is a chance of it."

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Apr 26 2009, 4:54pm

Post #196 of 327 (43016 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for joining our party! I really enjoyed your book. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's so cool that you got to do all that research on something you find personally interesting, and have the talent to write it up in such a clear and informative manner. It's pretty rare that I buy new books, but yours was a must-have. I look forward to hearing about your next project. Smile

"I have not much hope that Gollum can be cured before he dies, but there is a chance of it."

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Apr 26 2009, 5:01pm

Post #197 of 327 (42956 views)
Shortcut
*falls out of chair* [In reply to] Can't Post

*climbs back into chair*
*gapes at screen*
Squeeeeee!!!
*jumps out of chair and runs around room*
*watches video again*
Squeeee!
*waves hands spastically in excitement*
Squeeee!
*dies*
*heroically struggles back to life*
*watches video again*
Squeeee!
*dies*
*is dead from squeee*

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Eldameldo
Bree

Apr 26 2009, 5:01pm

Post #198 of 327 (42948 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Silneldor [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm a lurker...have been here a few years, and have no intention of leaving either! LOL

TORn is THE BEST site on the internet! Cool

OhioHobbit
Gondor

Apr 26 2009, 5:12pm

Post #199 of 327 (43168 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely fantastic!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you to everyone at WETA!!!

OhioHobbit
Gondor

Apr 26 2009, 5:18pm

Post #200 of 327 (43297 views)
Shortcut
To Guillermo! [In reply to] Can't Post

Best wishes, good luck, and above all, HAVE FUN!

First page Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.