Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
**TORn 10th Anniversary LotR Unused Scenes Post
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 26 2009, 4:12pm

Post #1 of 50 (1571 views)
Shortcut
**TORn 10th Anniversary LotR Unused Scenes Post Can't Post

Ever wonder about those Lord of the Rings teaser pictures or references we've had through the years of things that were composited, written or filmed and never used? So many times there were things in the commentaries, on trailers or revealed during interviews that shows there was SO MUCH on the horizon that we never saw. Even Peter Jackson once said he was going to put together a dvd of all those "deleted scenes". *drums fingers on table* I'm still waiting!!!!

Well, any time I came across a picture about one of those lost treasures, I started keeping them in a file. (This one started that first year, MrCere ;) So I figured this is the perfect time to let them spill out... I mean... to share them with all of you AND to invite you to add to the list if you like. As with the Hobbit pics posted over on the Hobbit Movie Board, I'm going to add this list to my Geeky Observations site/links... which is next on my list of things to do. After I do the dishes, that is ;)

I have to thank DiveTwin for helping me go through these and offering me some very fresh input... and some badly-needed corrections. *high five* and Thanks Ooodles, DiveTwin :D I'd looked at them so many times for so long as I was putting this photobucket file together, I was beginning to forget what had actually been in the films and what had not. I've also tried to put them into a sort of Chronological Order according to the films. There may be some here and there that I left in places where they may not have actually fit, but I left them there to accommodate the flow for many out-of-context pics.

So here you are; and PLEASE let me know if there's something I've goofed up:

Unused Scenes from Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings.

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 26 2009, 4:35pm

Post #2 of 50 (1059 views)
Shortcut
OMG this is great! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've run across some of those images without saving them and, after failing to relocate them, regretted that decision greatly. I'm glad someone is a bigger collector than I am!

thank, g.

2009 Tolkien Computer Monitor Calendars
LOTR soundtrack website : CD Editions & Similarities Updates March 08
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

sevilodorf
Grey Havens

Apr 26 2009, 4:37pm

Post #3 of 50 (1053 views)
Shortcut
Fantastic collection [In reply to] Can't Post

Are some of them Decipher Cards?

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 26 2009, 4:45pm

Post #4 of 50 (1043 views)
Shortcut
Yes, some are decipher cards. // [In reply to] Can't Post

2009 Tolkien Computer Monitor Calendars
LOTR soundtrack website : CD Editions & Similarities Updates March 08
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Apr 26 2009, 4:51pm

Post #5 of 50 (1046 views)
Shortcut
Fantastic job, Gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

And I didn't know there was an epilogue!

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

TintallŽ
Gondor

Apr 26 2009, 5:07pm

Post #6 of 50 (1053 views)
Shortcut
Ha! I'd forgotten about Xenarwen! [In reply to] Can't Post

And are those pictures of Frodo morphing into a Gollumesque creature? Man, those are scary!

Thanks for those! Most I'd never seen before.

squire
Half-elven

Apr 26 2009, 5:52pm

Post #7 of 50 (1088 views)
Shortcut
I like the sewer under Osgiliath [In reply to] Can't Post

That photo answers a question that the Movie Board batted around for weeks: how did they get back and forth across Anduin in the midst of a battle for the crossings?

The battle in the clouds is interesting too, but I'm glad they didn't show it. In fact, as fun as some of these are, they show that the director and editors did have some sense of restraint, despite the RotK EE.

Thanks, Gramma!

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Footeramas: The 3rd TORn Reading Room LotR Discussion; and "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
squiretalk introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 26 2009, 7:00pm

Post #8 of 50 (1041 views)
Shortcut
Denethor with the Palantir! [In reply to] Can't Post

They filmed for an Epilogue? A what-came-after? You have some rare gems in here, gramma!

*massive hug* for you, and for DiveTwin too, thank you for sharing this amazing collection! Heart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Apr 26 2009, 9:14pm

Post #9 of 50 (1036 views)
Shortcut
Gramma! You are *amazing* [In reply to] Can't Post

I have seen many of the unused scenes- yet I was surprised how many of these I have never seen, or if I have I do not remember seeing them. I was happily surprised to realize this- thank you so much for the unexpected treat! I'll have to save this link- definitely the best collection of unused scenes that I've ever seen.

My LiveJournal ~ My artwork and photography

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Mar
Gondor

Apr 27 2009, 1:08am

Post #10 of 50 (1020 views)
Shortcut
I liked Legolas protecting the hobbits as they enter Lothlorien! // [In reply to] Can't Post

simplyaven
Grey Havens

Apr 27 2009, 1:59am

Post #11 of 50 (1040 views)
Shortcut
I've been watching these for a long time now... [In reply to] Can't Post

and can't stop going back and forth, investigating, exploring, digging for details... I can't even say how much I thank you and Dive Twin for this amazing treat, gramma!!! I can't believe I saw Frodo's room for one! I was just thinking of posting in next PROPS that hobbits didn't have curtains! Blush And some of these shots showed me the team made wise decisions - Goldberry has nothing to do with the graceful waterish creature I had imgined. Crazy But I'm terribly sorry Tom Bombadil and the Barrow Wights were left out. The latter made me shiver even now - they look absolutely frightening!

Thank you again, I'm off to look again! Smile

Culinary journey through Middle Earth continues! Join us on April 30th on the Main board for the renewed thread!

Middle earth recipes archive

I believe

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 27 2009, 2:25am

Post #12 of 50 (1031 views)
Shortcut
Actually [In reply to] Can't Post

Tom B., Goldberry, nor the Barrow-wights were ever intended to be in the movie. Those images were created quite after the fact by Weta for Decipher Cards. The same for Radagast and quite a few other images that are in there.

If you want to see more about Decipher Cards depicting unused scenes, go here: http://docs.google.com/...44grv3dwcv&hl=en

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual
......Founder's Day Celebration
...........Established 4/26/09

...Corvar, Xoanon, Tehanu, Calisuri.....LARGER IMAGE

simplyaven
Grey Havens

Apr 27 2009, 2:34am

Post #13 of 50 (1014 views)
Shortcut
I've never really known... [In reply to] Can't Post

what these decipher cards were and what for they were made! Blush It was time to admit it anyways. Smile However, I'm happy they didn't intend to include this Goldberry. I'm still sorry for the others. Thank you for the link, they have some really great imges there. But these are real actors, aren't they? So, who hired them and for what, pardon my lack of knowledge! Blush

Culinary journey through Middle Earth continues! Join us on April 30th on the Main board for the renewed thread!

Middle earth recipes archive

I believe

batik
Tol Eressea

Apr 27 2009, 2:34am

Post #14 of 50 (1040 views)
Shortcut
wowzers [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there Hollin footage? And Orcs following the Company from Moria to Lothlorien footage? And epilogue footage?

(This post was edited by batik on Apr 27 2009, 2:34am)

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 27 2009, 2:41am

Post #15 of 50 (1017 views)
Shortcut
more info [In reply to] Can't Post

first... the 'actors'. I can't tell you who all of them are but I can some of them. A lot of the specially created Weta cards were Weta employees. Some cards were actors who were in the movie as unnamed characters. Then they were given names, after the fact, by Decipher. The facts I have are all found on the card's page.

What Decipher is... can I answer that later?

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual

The Party Tree
Lorien

Apr 27 2009, 2:41am

Post #16 of 50 (1015 views)
Shortcut
This is fantastic! [In reply to] Can't Post

Those pictures of the hobbits in Rivendell are the kicker for me. What's in the gazebo!!!???

And what in the world was behind Frodo's Gollum makeup? Very creepy.

Photobucket

weaver
Half-elven

Apr 27 2009, 3:11am

Post #17 of 50 (1011 views)
Shortcut
wow, that's a whole movie right there! [In reply to] Can't Post

I watched it as a slide show -- what fun!

You have a lot of things I've not seen before -- like those fighting shots of Arwen at Helm's Deep, and so many great ones from the Prologue.

Well done, oh-half-elven one! Thanks for getting both this and your Hobbit collection done for this weekend. When do you sleep?

Weaver

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Apr 27 2009, 3:16am

Post #18 of 50 (1009 views)
Shortcut
As I recall [In reply to] Can't Post

The images of Frodo in Gollum makeup was meant to be a vision that Faramir had of Frodo in Ithilien.

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive
The Screencap of the Day Schedule for April

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Apr 27 2009, 3:22am

Post #19 of 50 (1084 views)
Shortcut
I think you are missing . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe I missed the photo in your collection but I have one somewhere of Arwen and Galadriel talking. Want it?

I have no choice but to believe in free will.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 27 2009, 7:04am

Post #20 of 50 (1028 views)
Shortcut
Wowie... you finally put all of this together... [In reply to] Can't Post

... this is so great gramma. It's a great resource for all of us who take geeky delight in these unused scenes Tongue Thanks for all your work in putting these together.

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual

coltzen
Bree

Apr 27 2009, 9:03am

Post #21 of 50 (1042 views)
Shortcut
do you think... [In reply to] Can't Post

do you think you could post them on here? I can't get it to show, despite installing the programe the page saif I needed (3 times, actually) and all your comments had got me really excited. So, would you mind putting the pictures on TORn?

Elven
Valinor

Apr 27 2009, 11:29am

Post #22 of 50 (1044 views)
Shortcut
Sam owns a check shirt! .... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thankyou so much gramma and Dive Twin for all the hard work putting this album together!
Many of thiese pictures I had forgotten, or hadn't seen -
I love it! Laugh
and the traffic jam with the little sheep - thats so Hobbity!
I notice how beautiful, green and fresh the gardens of Hobbiton look - and how blue and bright the sky is!
and Frodo's room! Neat little Hobbit!
I remembered the Elves in Lothlorien - great photos ...
and you have a couple of photos there side by side which made me smile - Aragorn holds Eowyns face, and the next one is Arwen (Aragorn looks likes he's busted big time Wink)
Wonderful shots of Galdriel and Arwen ..
and Frodo/Gollum ...
Denethor and the Palantir
Ugluk - too scifi Tongue

So many!

This is a time I hate dial-up though aaaarrgghhh Smile
But I was soooo patient ..

Thanks a bunch guys
Cheers
Elven x

Swishtail.

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

Avatar: Liberace - The other Lord of the Rings.

Quote of The Week: The thing is I always write in the morning, and I know that if I go to the Net I wonít write ... you can start in the most scholarly website and end up at Paris Hilton dot com .. GdT

almas_sparks
Rohan

Apr 27 2009, 1:33pm

Post #23 of 50 (1036 views)
Shortcut
Who is Sammath Henneth? [In reply to] Can't Post

is that female orc or some She-Elf`s diet has gonne wrong? I don`t recall the character from the books and she didn`t feature in movies either. Looks creepy as heck, though, so I`m intrigued.

Aragorn looks spot on Lost`s Sawyer on photos where wind is playing with his hair. Yummy.

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 27 2009, 7:26pm

Post #24 of 50 (984 views)
Shortcut
jumping in to answer for gramma... [In reply to] Can't Post

There are way too many to post here. I didn't have to download any special program. Can you view other images at Photobucket?

Maybe it's some software like Active X or Flash or something that isn't working right. What browser are you viewing in? When I can't get something to work, I always try a different browser. I usually use Firefox but I need to use IE for some sites.

Also, try this link and see if this works: http://s729.photobucket.com/...w293/grammaboodawgs/

These are the same images just in a less pretty display style.

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual

(This post was edited by Magpie on Apr 27 2009, 7:29pm)

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Apr 27 2009, 7:32pm

Post #25 of 50 (988 views)
Shortcut
I can't speak for coltzen, but [In reply to] Can't Post

My personal computer had no problems with it, but my work computers (which are ancient) asked me to download Flash, which hasn't worked on these things for years (despite numerous downloads).

I can still get into gramma's Photobucket though HERE, but the album view (grid) her original link tries to direct me to doesn't work on this computer.

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive
The Screencap of the Day Schedule for April

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.