Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
**TORn 10th Anniversary Tributes to our Founders from VIP FRIENDS OF TORn!!** Note--> VIP Posts have hearts next to them :-)
First page Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

DanielReeve
The Shire

Apr 26 2009, 10:53am

Post #151 of 327 (42845 views)
Shortcut
Hmmmm [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmmmm, yes, it's a very cute smile, so I guess I can tell you (but don't tell anyone else) that it can be viewed on my website, in the standard Maps page http://www.danielreeve.co.nz/Maps/

DanielReeve
The Shire

Apr 26 2009, 11:08am

Post #152 of 327 (42899 views)
Shortcut
Hugs from Daniel Reeve [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Colleen, how great to "see" you here!

I've finally "de-lurked" for these 10th anniversary celebrations, and you're right: LOTR fans are just the nicest people.

Keep up the brilliant work as always, and I'm looking forward to catching up whenever/wherever we turn up together next.

Hugs, Daniel

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 26 2009, 11:24am

Post #153 of 327 (42737 views)
Shortcut
Oh, oh, am I feeling [In reply to] Can't Post

sheeepish Blush. Next time, check before I ask. Oops.
They all look fantastic, but you already know that.

Well to make things better, I attache my version of your map (well, the one I'm making, I didn't do the design, just the stitching, and still not finished).....

Thanks for all the time you take with us!

DanielReeve
The Shire

Apr 26 2009, 11:33am

Post #154 of 327 (42879 views)
Shortcut
WOW!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

WOW!!!! That's amazing!!! What a wonderful piece of work!

Now, make sure you translate the tengwar inscription around the border of the map as you stitch it, and reproduce it without any, er, sewing mistakes... ;-)

calisuri
PTB

Apr 26 2009, 11:50am

Post #155 of 327 (42811 views)
Shortcut
How cool was that! [In reply to] Can't Post

Too awesome - thanks Weta!!!

The Mysterious Calisuri

Elven
Valinor

Apr 26 2009, 12:16pm

Post #156 of 327 (42667 views)
Shortcut
Ah! A truel Fellowship ... [In reply to] Can't Post

A big thankyou for your wonderful messgae on this ausicious occassion, and thankyou Sohaib for all the wonderful work you do bringing tORN to the airways, you have such an enthusiasm and it shines through so brightly.
Have a wonderful weekend fellow tORNsib!

Cheers
Elven x

Swishtail.

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

Avatar: Liberace - The other Lord of the Rings.

Quote of The Week: The thing is I always write in the morning, and I know that if I go to the Net I won’t write ... you can start in the most scholarly website and end up at Paris Hilton dot com .. GdT

Elven
Valinor

Apr 26 2009, 12:33pm

Post #157 of 327 (42564 views)
Shortcut
Awesome Garfeimao ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Please give John our warmest regards form all here (Im sure you will Wink)
and I hope you get to catch up with him again at the theatre - it would be great to hear from him - will watch out for his message Heart

and its great to see you here too!! (((hugs)))
Elven x

Swishtail.

Quote of The Week: The thing is I always write in the morning, and I know that if I go to the Net I won’t write ... you can start in the most scholarly website and end up at Paris Hilton dot com .. GdT

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 26 2009, 12:39pm

Post #158 of 327 (42815 views)
Shortcut
A new book! How exciting! [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't wait to hear more about it. I've enjoyed your work so much - articles, books and panel discussions. Here's to another 10 great years!

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Elven
Valinor

Apr 26 2009, 12:42pm

Post #159 of 327 (43076 views)
Shortcut
Thankyou Guillermo! [In reply to] Can't Post

For being part of our community and being a so generous to us all.
And thankyou for the Anniversary wishes! - my celulite nods in agreement!

Cheers
Elven x

Swishtail.

Elven
Valinor

Apr 26 2009, 12:47pm

Post #160 of 327 (42987 views)
Shortcut
Yay Doug! and Welcome! ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Its great to see you here!
Thankyou for s lovely intro and anniversary wishes,
and ther IS BIG LOVE here on tORN! I can assure you Smile
Warmest regards
Elven x

Swishtail.

Elven
Valinor

Apr 26 2009, 12:59pm

Post #161 of 327 (42535 views)
Shortcut
Thankyou Kristin ... [In reply to] Can't Post

and cheers to you too on this 10th Anniversary tORNsib!

Elven x Smile

Swishtail.

Elven
Valinor

Apr 26 2009, 1:07pm

Post #162 of 327 (42785 views)
Shortcut
Too cool!! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a present!
That is over-the-moon fantastic!
I hope you are all having fun back exploring Middle-earth one more time Smile

Off to watch the video again!

Cheers
Elven x

Swishtail.

Elven
Valinor

Apr 26 2009, 1:38pm

Post #163 of 327 (42847 views)
Shortcut
Great to see you here Daniel ... [In reply to] Can't Post

I so admire your work - I am for ever in awe of its beauty, and your craftmanship, or should that be your penmanship Wink
My map hangs proudly over my fire place, and is much admired by visitors.

Thankyou for being here for the Anniversary celebration and for all the good wishes.

Im still hoping that there's a book in the works from you, showcasing your calligraphy and art - hopefully we will will see one in the future? I have had my fingers crossed for one for ages Smile
Will you be doing anymore Sketching Tours around Hobbiton and the LOTR sites?
and is there any chance of a Calligraphy Master Classes or exhibitions in Australia or overseas? Have you done any already with your work from LOTR and other movies?

Great to see you here!

Cheers
Elven x

Swishtail.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 26 2009, 2:07pm

Post #164 of 327 (42671 views)
Shortcut
Well said :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank goodness for the conventions and gatherings that give us a chance to meet. ORC 06 was such a great experience, and I was so thrilled to have the chance to see you there. Your "Unsung Heroes Of The Lord of the Rings" was perfectly timed as a place to feed my need for another look at Tolkien's characters. I think they draw me to the story as much as (if not more) than the story itself.

Cheers, Dear Lady... and thank you so much for sharing this celebration of our Founders with us :D Here's to 10 more AT LEAST!

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

silneldor
Half-elven

Apr 26 2009, 2:10pm

Post #165 of 327 (43000 views)
Shortcut
Welcome Eldameldo! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for stopping in to add to the festivities. It turned out great didn't it?
Our founders must be taking quite a delight with what is happening.
Cheers!

''What connects Nature to the spiritual, or requires the presence of the latter? In positive terms, as Alkis Kontos points out, when nature was still largely experienced as integral, alive and active, 'It was the spiritual dimension of the world, its enchanted, magical quality that rendered it infinite, not amenable to complete calculability; spirit could not be quanified; it permitted and invited mythologization.' And I would add, it still is and does.''
Patrick Curry-Defending Middle-Earth-Tolkien: Myth and Modernity - chapter: 'The Sea: Spirituality and Ethics.'

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

Elven
Valinor

Apr 26 2009, 2:14pm

Post #166 of 327 (42762 views)
Shortcut
This is a beautiful map ... [In reply to] Can't Post

It looks crisp and cold in the blue and white tones ...
What a great shame Frown it wasn't suitable.

but, the map now has a history ... a story behind it - I love maps just for that fact - they have so many stories to tell, just for the fact that they're maps. Smile

Thankyou for posting it.

Cheers
Elven x

Swishtail.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 26 2009, 2:15pm

Post #167 of 327 (42704 views)
Shortcut
2019!? I'm there! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

With bells on and streamers attached to my walker :D *counts on finger* I'll be 67! Then at our next party, I'll be 77... and so on and so VERY on!

Thanks so much Xo. I always wonder how you keep everything going as you balance RL, this site and all the extra-curricular activities that are spawned from it. Calisuri, Tehanu, Corvar and you have really created a significant Haven (or Asylum ;) for all of us here and for anyone curious about Tolkien and Jackson's films. Thank you for your constancy and total class :)

Cheers!

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Apr 26 2009, 2:20pm

Post #168 of 327 (42864 views)
Shortcut
That would be excellent Garfeimao :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

Kelvarhin's Universe~~~~~~~Laerasea's Travelling TORn Journal
One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 26 2009, 2:23pm

Post #169 of 327 (42812 views)
Shortcut
She really has been a compatriot through this all :) [In reply to] Can't Post

And I laughed as she reflected on singing and sparring at the various gatherings. *still smiling* I can't wait to see he new work! I hope she has room for a chapter about GdT, Peter and the new films! *twitch*

Oh geez... this is all just too much fun!

Thanks so much Amy!

sample

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 26 2009, 2:29pm

Post #170 of 327 (42780 views)
Shortcut
Coordinate that Venue G :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so impressed that he remembers ANYONE after the hundreds of people he much encounter at these gatherings! Good on him... and good on you for being such an impressive soul :)

Thanks for reminding him about us, and having a message from him on this special weekend would be a delight!

Cheers!

sample

Lynnette Porter

Apr 26 2009, 2:36pm

Post #171 of 327 (42745 views)
Shortcut
RE" Sharing our Tolkien experience [In reply to] Can't Post

I like the way you phrased it--we've all certainly had many different, and often meandering, paths to get here.

When I think back over the past decade, I'm remembering this weekend all the anticipation for the LotR films, never knowing that I'd return to a love of writing about film because of them. I didn't think I'd make it to New Zealand (and now I've been three times, and I'm looking forward to another trip when The Hobbit arrives). I never thought I'd get a chance to speak at fan conventions, much less meet some of my favorite actors there. I read Tolkien's manuscripts at the Marquette archives and was in awe of all the scholarship contained in one place. I can't even count the number of amazing Tolkien fans I've met in person or online, which is the best part of fandom. And now I'm trying to share some of my excitement for Tolkien's works with my students, so the path will continue long after I'm too old to figure out how to "post" on whatever new media come along. Ten years ago I had no idea where my Tolkien travels would take me, and when I look forward to the Hobbit films, I wonder just what all will come from our shared love of Tolkien in the next decade.

So, however we've made it here, I'm very glad we all have, and this weekend is the perfect time to catch up with everyone. It's a lot of fun to read the boards, so thanks for getting us all going to post this weekend!

Lynnette Porter

Apr 26 2009, 2:40pm

Post #172 of 327 (42705 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for letting me join the party! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks! I'm going to be at DragonCon this year, so maybe we can chat there! I'm excited to be part of the Tolkien track--and I know there's a lot of news to share and events for everyone to catch up with.

Isn't it great how TORn connects everyone? This is my favorite fan site ever.

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Apr 26 2009, 2:42pm

Post #173 of 327 (42670 views)
Shortcut
I was hoping you'd be here, Daniel! [In reply to] Can't Post

Someone else posted the photo of my framed map, in my office, which I enjoy every day. But here I want to post one of my favorite photos from my Red Carpet tour of March '08 (so long ago, now!), when I got to thank you in person for your excellent work -- and not just on the map! What a wonderful morning that was for all of us.

Keep up the good work, and thank you!

(I'm pointing to my own name on the border of the map.)

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Apr 26 2009, 2:45pm

Post #174 of 327 (43143 views)
Shortcut
Be glad you're not Yaqui! [In reply to] Can't Post

For us every "year" goes straight to the waistline, leaving the legs to look like toothpicks supporting a muffin. (Hmmm...descended of 3 foot tall Surem, inclined to be fat in the belly...)

Thank you for your kind words!

Life is beautiful and dangerous! Beware! Enjoy!

Lynnette Porter

Apr 26 2009, 2:46pm

Post #175 of 327 (42646 views)
Shortcut
Truly the best fellowship [In reply to] Can't Post

This is the best, isn't it? I think there's something about Tolkien's works that brings us together--the nicest people I've met are "Tolkien people." Whether we love the films or prefer the books, or however we enjoy the many adaptations of our favorite literature, we share a common bond that often becomes the basis for some fantastic friendships. And it's great this weekend to read all these posts from people all over the world who are equally enthusiastic. Very cool.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.