The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
My Hobbit Hobby

Suebe2b
Bree

Apr 25 2009, 7:22pm

Post #1 of 19 (940 views)
Shortcut
My Hobbit Hobby Can't Post

Pictures of my Hobbits I made are attached to this Thread.

I have made and painted Mary, Pippin, Frodo, Sam and Gollum.
Have Gandolf and Bilbo but pictures haven't been taken yet.

Tell me what you think!

Happy Ten Years TORn!!
Attachments: Hobbits 002.jpg (6.94 KB)
  Hobbits 003.jpg (6.04 KB)
  Hobbits 004.jpg (5.38 KB)

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 25 2009, 8:23pm

Post #2 of 19 (649 views)
Shortcut
Those are precious, Suebe! [In reply to] Can't Post

How adorable they are!

About how tall are they? Do you sew the clothes and paint the faces and everything? And, my goodness, how do you do those feet?

Welcome to TORn and thanks so much for sharing those with us. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Suebe2b
Bree

Apr 25 2009, 10:47pm

Post #3 of 19 (611 views)
Shortcut
hobbits [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi. Borrowed keyboard, so please excuse the opps! They are about 5 inches tall. I scrollsaw the arms and feet.spools for pants and lots of peging to hold them together. Each set comes out a little different. I like to make them each their own, like we should be. All of us have our yeas and nays, it makes us who we are.I've got one set of Frodo that is only 3 inches. A friend thought I needed to be challenged haha. no sewing just paint and felt and glue. mini curley hair put on with tweezers and hot glue. Glad you like them. I have fun making them. All the grandkids and daughters have sets as they are all Tolkien fans! Thanks

Nienna
Rohan

Apr 25 2009, 11:28pm

Post #4 of 19 (583 views)
Shortcut
They're gorgeous! [In reply to] Can't Post

You're so talented - I'm envious.

Suebe2b
Bree

Apr 25 2009, 11:59pm

Post #5 of 19 (596 views)
Shortcut
Thank you. [In reply to] Can't Post

My favorite medium is pen and ink, but just quick sketches. I love to do woodworking too. Hope to get more beings from the book made. Some take a long time to figure out as my woodworking does not involve a lathe, so have to modify whatever I have at hand to make each one. Lots of fun and a challenge too.

Luthien Rising
Lorien

Apr 26 2009, 12:01am

Post #6 of 19 (603 views)
Shortcut
I love those feet! [In reply to] Can't Post

Those are such wonderful Hobbits -- the scale is so much what I read in The Hobbit especially!

Lúthien Rising
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. / We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Apr 26 2009, 3:03am

Post #7 of 19 (594 views)
Shortcut
Lovely dolls. [In reply to] Can't Post

I love artisan crafts- something that completely eludes my own fingers but wonderful to see. They are adorable.

My LiveJournal ~ My artwork and photography

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Nimloth
Lorien

May 1 2009, 5:02am

Post #8 of 19 (578 views)
Shortcut
They are so cute! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's very clever of you Sueb. How long do they take to make?

Suebe2b
Bree

May 1 2009, 3:44pm

Post #9 of 19 (568 views)
Shortcut
time [In reply to] Can't Post

I usually spend a couple hours in the shop cutting feet , arms , etc for several sets. Then drilling and doweling. Assembly goes pretty fast. Painting prob an hour each . I really enjoy making them. I've donated several sets to community fund raisers, schools, library, etc.So everybody benefits and I have fun. Thank you.

Deni
Rivendell

May 2 2009, 8:35pm

Post #10 of 19 (531 views)
Shortcut
wow!! Awesome work!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

WinkKeep doing it!!

LEGIONTX
Rivendell

May 2 2009, 8:52pm

Post #11 of 19 (526 views)
Shortcut
wow [In reply to] Can't Post

Very cool; awesome job. I wish I was was talented like that. Keep up the good workCool

Marching Towards the Abyss...........

Suebe2b
Bree

May 3 2009, 3:00am

Post #12 of 19 (628 views)
Shortcut
Thank You [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's a Gandalf I did. Needs work, but that's how we get the job done.He's about 2 inches taller then the Hobbits.
Getting the scale right is an ongoing project.

ringers rock!
Rivendell

May 3 2009, 7:40pm

Post #13 of 19 (570 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

They're so cute in those little images! Do you have bigger image links? I want details! Do you make them for friends? Family? Online fans.... Wink

Suebe2b
Bree

May 4 2009, 1:37am

Post #14 of 19 (578 views)
Shortcut
hobby [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi. I've probably made 25 or 30 sets in the past 4 years. I gave family members that are fans sets and donated several sets to charities and schools for fund raisers.I don't make them to sell . If you are interested in getting a set or the dolls to do yourself , you can contact me. I enjoy doing them , but I like to do them as a set, not mass production. Been there done that. I have only the one Gandalf. I just got a camera, so should be able to make better pictures. Sam has pots and pans and backpack. They are fun to do.

Suebe2b
Bree

May 5 2009, 3:04am

Post #15 of 19 (496 views)
Shortcut
Better Pictures [In reply to] Can't Post

May be these are a little clearer .

Suebe2b
Bree

May 5 2009, 3:12am

Post #16 of 19 (657 views)
Shortcut
After and before [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's how we start.The Hobbits and I.

Larewen
Lorien

May 6 2009, 1:12am

Post #17 of 19 (473 views)
Shortcut
They are adorable! [In reply to] Can't Post

Love them!

Larewen
Lorien

May 6 2009, 1:15am

Post #18 of 19 (493 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for bigger pictures [In reply to] Can't Post

My eyes don't work as well as they used to, LOL

Do you make them to sell? (have a website or?)

Suebe2b
Bree

May 6 2009, 4:02am

Post #19 of 19 (594 views)
Shortcut
Reply to Larewen [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks. I just have my 1 website. Since I only have a few sets on hand at one time , I don't sell them. I donate them to various community fund raisers. If you are interested. let me know. I just got a camera, so I'm expermenting with it between rainstorms. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be either. The first pictures I posted for the 10th annaversary were some my daughter took at Christmas. They were the only ones I had at the time. Thank you. Sueb

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.