Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
** TORn Birthday Party Post - Let’s celebrate 10 years of Fan Art!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

cloudland
Bree

Apr 26 2009, 1:09pm

Post #26 of 40 (2071 views)
Shortcut
An advantage [In reply to] Can't Post

to a gown though is it is wearable art...at least for a time. Smile

cloudland (kloud'land'), n. 1. the sky. 2. a region of daydreams, imaginations, etc.; dreamland.

cloudland
Bree

Apr 26 2009, 1:11pm

Post #27 of 40 (2129 views)
Shortcut
The expression [In reply to] Can't Post

on the Sheildmaiden is priceless. She's very proud. Smile Very well done.

cloudland (kloud'land'), n. 1. the sky. 2. a region of daydreams, imaginations, etc.; dreamland.

Ginger
Rohan

Apr 26 2009, 5:07pm

Post #28 of 40 (2068 views)
Shortcut
I really like the third image [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the colors, and how the dragon "moves". How do you know what colors to use?

Ginger
Rohan

Apr 26 2009, 5:13pm

Post #29 of 40 (2078 views)
Shortcut
To me, she also captured a hint of anguish // [In reply to] Can't Post

Ginger
Rohan

Apr 26 2009, 5:15pm

Post #30 of 40 (2066 views)
Shortcut
I love the gown [In reply to] Can't Post

My daughter was in a serious relationship, and I was almost hoping if they decided to get married that she would want a gown inspired by the movies.

They broke up.

Ginger
Rohan

Apr 26 2009, 5:24pm

Post #31 of 40 (2120 views)
Shortcut
A personal note [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought I had some of my writings saved somewhere, but a search of files and my computer space at work, papers at home and paper files at work, and even four 3 1/2" disks has come up empty. But I did want to say how TORn has influenced me.

I must say I was one crazy, naïve, weird person in Gingerworld. Only authors who had their college degree in writing could write anything. If you didn’t have that degree, you didn’t write. The only people who painted or sculpted or drew went to Art school. If you didn’t, you didn’t want to do that. I had no idea what a drabble was. And the word fanfiction didn’t even exist in Gingerworld.

Well, what a surprise I had after arriving here in 2002. I discovered people who wrote... because they wanted to! People would post their artistic creations, and they weren’t artists who had works hanging in museums. I learned it’s ok to be creative, even if it isn’t your assigned job. I even learned to let myself be creative and write.

Anorien
Rohan

Apr 26 2009, 7:48pm

Post #32 of 40 (2076 views)
Shortcut
I use [In reply to] Can't Post

Acrylics mostly, mixed with water to help with blending.

Lets see, the one of Minas Tirith is about 8inX11in, the one of fangorn is about 16inX20in, and the one of eowyn is about 12inX9in.

The Lord of the Fellowship of the Return of the Two Towers of the Hobbit King of the Rings...with the Silmarillion!

Suebe2b
Bree

Apr 26 2009, 8:31pm

Post #33 of 40 (2101 views)
Shortcut
Do what you love. [In reply to] Can't Post

Keep writing. We never know what we may create. The movies were an inspiration for me. I don't do dolls, but got this wild idea, and went for it. A lot of fun and can listen to the sound track while I paint. So keep going!

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Apr 28 2009, 12:03am

Post #34 of 40 (2086 views)
Shortcut
Nerdhelm! [In reply to] Can't Post

I want to see that.

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual
......Founder's Day Celebration
...........Established 4/26/09

...Corvar, Xoanon, Tehanu, Calisuri.....LARGER IMAGE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Dagonet
Lorien

Apr 29 2009, 2:13am

Post #35 of 40 (2037 views)
Shortcut
I love it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Did you have to make it or did you buy it?! I want one!Tongue

"You wonder what his name is, where he came from. And if he really was evil at heart. What lies or threats led him on this long march from home. And if he would rather have stayed there... in peace."

Faramir in The Two Towers

Dagonet
Lorien

Apr 29 2009, 2:15am

Post #36 of 40 (2044 views)
Shortcut
Oooooo [In reply to] Can't Post

the last one of Leggy is quite nice! I love it!

"You wonder what his name is, where he came from. And if he really was evil at heart. What lies or threats led him on this long march from home. And if he would rather have stayed there... in peace."

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Apr 29 2009, 3:51am

Post #37 of 40 (2109 views)
Shortcut
It was a plain black T-shirt when I bought it. [In reply to] Can't Post

Get some silver metallic and silver glitter fabric paint, two sizes of flat-backed crystals, silver mesh-y fabric, some flexible fabric glue...and have a go at it! It was fun.
A shirt like this draws attention to itself, so be prepared to meet other geeks. ;)

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Apr 29 2009, 4:11am

Post #38 of 40 (2071 views)
Shortcut
Since the old photo link is dead... [In reply to] Can't Post

here's one pic from the RotK Midnight Premiere & Line Party.
"Nerdhelm" is written on the side of that ridiculous headgear.
I don't remember just how many layers were squeezed under that little shirt. :/

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Apr 29 2009, 4:52am

Post #39 of 40 (2033 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

What fun :-D

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Dagonet
Lorien

Apr 29 2009, 9:42pm

Post #40 of 40 (2555 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

I certainly will give it a try... no guarantees on how it will turn out...Tongue

Thanks a ton!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.