The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
John Noble at Newport Beach film festival

Garfeimao
Rohan

Apr 24 2009, 10:39pm

Post #1 of 4 (403 views)
Shortcut
John Noble at Newport Beach film festival Can't Post

I'm cordially inviting you all to the Newport Beach Film Festival, which began Thursday, April 23 in Newport Beach, California. John Noble will be the official Ambassador of the Australian Feature Spotlight film, but will be present all week long. On Friday, April 24 he will introduce the film 'One Week', which features his 'Fringe' co-star Joshua Jackson. Joshua can not attend the festival, but John kindly offered to introduce the film for him. On Monday, April 27, John will officiate at the screening of 'Beautiful', which is the Australian Spotlight film and will be followed by an after-party. John will be attending the festival most of the week and is eager to meet and greet film fans throughout, but he is not the only draw for LOTR fans. Billy Boyd's latest film, 'Stone of Destiny' will also be screening at the festival. You can see it on Friday, April 24 at 7:45pm. Check the schedule on the Festival website for these and other films to see. http://www.newportbeachfilmfest.com/ Other Festival highlights would be a screening of The Brothers Bloom on Tuesday, April 28. This is an absolutely delightful little romp starring Adrian Brody, Rachel Weisz, Mark Ruffalo and Rinko Kikuchi, who is a scream as girl who likes to blow things up. Not to be missed is an Evening with Marc Shaiman, Join multiple Academy Award® nominee, Tony Award® and Grammy Award® winning film composer and songwriter Marc Shaiman for a tune-filled evening of performance and memorable behind-the-camera stories of his many film projects including such modern day movie classics as Hairspray, The Wedding Planner, My Giant, Sleepless in Seattle, Sister Act, City Slickers, When Harry Met Sally and Beaches. This event will happen on Friday night, April 24 and is sure to be a highlight for any lover of music. Oh, and don't miss the Free Seminars on Saturday. There will be four seminars focusing on Film Score Composition, Writing, Directing and Animation. One of these Free Seminars will feature a very big name Director bringing footage of his 'soon to be released' Summer Blockbuster, but I've been sworn to secrecy on this, for the moment. The Seminars always fill up, so arrive early to ensure a seat. The Film Festival and TORn have a history together dating back to when Ringers: The Lord of the Fans got it's West Coast Debut at the festival, complete with Line Party, Costume Contest, after party at the Hard Rock Cafe and Guest of Honor Billy Boyd hanging out the whole weekend. A year later, they had David Wenham in attendance and offered free tickets to any TORn sib who made it down to David's film. Actually, this film festival is one of the friendliest you are likely to attend. There are Spotlight films all week long featuring films from various countries, and parties to go with each of them, mostly at swank restaurants located in Fashion Island. They have a full slate of Short Films of every description and extensive Children's programming, including a Youth Competition for young filmmakers. It is definitely a Film Festival put on by fans, for fans, just as TheOneRing.net is for all things Tolkien and Lord of the Rings. If you come on down, stop by to say hello. I'll be the theater coordinator for the islands Theaters each night until closing.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle earth

Elven
Valinor

Jun 4 2009, 9:45am

Post #2 of 4 (92 views)
Shortcut
I cant believe I missed this post ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thankyou Garf,
I love hearing about the festivals and who's doing what and where ... although Im too far away to go, it sure sounded as if it was a 'must attend' event.

Thanks for writing the heads-up on this.

Cheers
Elven x

Swishtail.

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

Avatar: Liberace - The other Lord of the Rings.

Quote of The Week: The thing is I always write in the morning, and I know that if I go to the Net I won’t write ... you can start in the most scholarly website and end up at Paris Hilton dot com .. GdT

Garfeimao
Rohan

Jun 4 2009, 2:03pm

Post #3 of 4 (90 views)
Shortcut
It was a great week [In reply to] Can't Post

John actually had a lot of fun, he came to the festival several nights and really enjoyed seeing movies and shorts from all over the world.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle earth

Elven
Valinor

Jun 5 2009, 5:45pm

Post #4 of 4 (154 views)
Shortcut
Cheers Garf :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

Swishtail.

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

Avatar: Liberace - The other Lord of the Rings.

Quote of The Week: The thing is I always write in the morning, and I know that if I go to the Net I won’t write ... you can start in the most scholarly website and end up at Paris Hilton dot com .. GdT

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.