Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome to our Long-expected and Long-deserved Party! It’s TORn’s 10th Anniversary Special Edition of Fiesta Friday!!
First page Previous page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next page Last page  View All

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Apr 24 2009, 9:51pm

Post #301 of 413 (11179 views)
Shortcut
May they visit the dreams... [In reply to] Can't Post

...of all who love them most, for a merry night indeed. I do not know the deceased, but I'm sure they must fare well, after filling so many hearts with joy and love.

Life is beautiful and dangerous! Beware! Enjoy!

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Apr 24 2009, 9:53pm

Post #302 of 413 (11077 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations! [In reply to] Can't Post

Have fun at the party! A May Day wedding sounds quite delightful. Smile

"I have not much hope that Gollum can be cured before he dies, but there is a chance of it."

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Apr 24 2009, 9:54pm

Post #303 of 413 (11095 views)
Shortcut
Aha! She's still here! [In reply to] Can't Post

Albeit on the floor and holding on. Have a merry weekend, dear hardworking Altaira--you deserve it!

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Apr 24 2009, 9:57pm

Post #304 of 413 (11159 views)
Shortcut
LOLOL! And the TORnsibs you've met are what, chopped liver? // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I have not much hope that Gollum can be cured before he dies, but there is a chance of it."

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Apr 24 2009, 9:59pm

Post #305 of 413 (11079 views)
Shortcut
WOW! [In reply to] Can't Post

There sure is a lot of amazing stuff on that list! Anyone would be lucky to experience even one of those, but all of them? Shocked Laugh

Have you had the coolest life or what? Cool Cool Cool

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 24 2009, 10:03pm

Post #306 of 413 (11125 views)
Shortcut
Cheers Xo, Cali, Tehanu and Corvar! [In reply to] Can't Post

And to you Altaira, and all the members current and past of the discussion boards! It's been a fantastic ride and it's wonderful beyond words to see this little fan project of a website mark its 10th anniversary.

On a side note, it's the 25th here and Anzac Day. I got up for the dawn service and drove home to a beautiful sunrise turning the cloud cover orange. And then slept for another couple of hours - 5am starts on Saturdays aren't my usual schedule.

Happy day, all!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Apr 24 2009, 10:09pm

Post #307 of 413 (11101 views)
Shortcut
Dream parties [In reply to] Can't Post

The first time I ever hosted a dream-party was on a Tolkien site (the now-defunct official New Line Cinema site, which had no protection from spam or trolls and eventually died of neglect) I expected a night of fun dreams and came back with a life-changing experience (in a dream about Lorien.) In a good way.

So, anybody who's willing, watch your dreams tonight. Go to sleep with a special intention of dreaming your way into the TORn party/Middle Earth, leave this as the last thing on your mind as your head settles into your pillow, relax, and see what happens. Report here in the morning if anything Tolkienish or TORnish happens.

Corvar
PTB

Apr 24 2009, 10:10pm

Post #308 of 413 (11103 views)
Shortcut
Trying, and failing [In reply to] Can't Post

Was just trying to be funny, and I guess failing. Xoanon got to do a couple of things I didn't, but TORn and the people I have come to know through TORn have completely changed my life.

Corvar
PTB

Apr 24 2009, 10:10pm

Post #309 of 413 (11116 views)
Shortcut
Meeting you [In reply to] Can't Post

You're definitely better than even my favorite t-shirt ;)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 24 2009, 10:15pm

Post #310 of 413 (11148 views)
Shortcut
You rock, *and* rule! [In reply to] Can't Post

Great to see you here rr, and congrats on the job and the artistic sideline! :D

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Garfeimao
Rohan

Apr 24 2009, 10:18pm

Post #311 of 413 (11127 views)
Shortcut
thank goodness [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
And all I got was a bunch of t-shirts ;)

I know I own just about all the shirts TORn ever put out, and my drawers are full, full, full of some very silly shirts.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle earth

Goldberry of the river
Lorien

Apr 24 2009, 10:21pm

Post #312 of 413 (11094 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations on 10 years!! [In reply to] Can't Post

TORn is great place to read and share everything Tolkien. I have learned so much more about the books and films since I joined. I have particulary enjoyed the excitement over The Hobbit. I get a little adrenaline rush every time I think about how brilliant the film is going to be. When I first trailer is released I think I may burst with excitement!!!!!!!!!! Here's to the next few years of speculation, intrigued, rabidity(?), and hyperventilation!!!CrazySmile
*raises glass and notices confetti*
Cheers!!
*picks out confetti and drains glass*

Brian Blessed for Thorin!

Formerly known as Rosie!

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Apr 24 2009, 10:23pm

Post #313 of 413 (11094 views)
Shortcut
In case I am not on often this weekend ... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be hard at work editing a promotional video this weekend, as I have to get it done before I venture to New York on Wednesday. Wink I didn't get a chance to say earlier, but just in case, I just wanted to wish everyone a happy weekend, and hope that the Anniversary bash turns out to be a great success! Drinks are on me fellas. Afterall, there's never a limit to computer coin, right? Laugh

Happy weekend and anniversary to all! Smile

What Could Have Been - an ongoing discussion of things that may or may not have been in The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

Vidstige
Bree

Apr 24 2009, 10:29pm

Post #314 of 413 (11113 views)
Shortcut
Vem? [In reply to] Can't Post

Jag vet inte ens vem Jim Butcher är. Blush

Ya! Ya! Ya! Ya! Do you waaaaant...do you waaaaaant...to come back to my place, bouncy bouncy?

orcbane
Gondor

Apr 24 2009, 10:32pm

Post #315 of 413 (11150 views)
Shortcut
Well as long as he doesn't [In reply to] Can't Post

pull his pants up real high (like to the armpits). My wife said she would leave if I ever did that again. So I have been on the high-pants wagon a good 20 years now. You know I wouldn't suggest this to everyone, but in my family growing up, the women, as needed, would hit the men (or boys) on the head with a wooden spoon. Just a quick sharp whack & it hurts like heck. Now my grandmother did bury a fork in my Dad's arm once. But he was really pushing her over the edge, supposedly and she was sorry afterwards. Laugh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A new name I take to myself. Njarro-Huan

jan-u-wine
The Shire

Apr 24 2009, 10:34pm

Post #316 of 413 (11127 views)
Shortcut
Happy Anniversary! [In reply to] Can't Post

thank you to all the staffers here for their dedication and hard work.....many happy Returns of the Torn! May you be around for at least another Age...and, of course, may the hair on your toes NEVER fall out! (and may your birthday hangovers be of no more consequence than Stone-trolls in sunlight! )

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 24 2009, 10:35pm

Post #317 of 413 (11121 views)
Shortcut
*mixes up a pitcher of margaritas* [In reply to] Can't Post

You take one straw and I'll take the other, and see who reaches the bottom first. Tongue

Ataahua's stories

Curious
Half-elven

Apr 24 2009, 10:37pm

Post #318 of 413 (11124 views)
Shortcut
To those who left us ... may they never be forgotten.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 24 2009, 10:38pm

Post #319 of 413 (11095 views)
Shortcut
*starts Mexican wave of celebration* [In reply to] Can't Post

Heartily agree, FoP!

Ataahua's stories

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 24 2009, 10:48pm

Post #320 of 413 (11120 views)
Shortcut
lol [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know that I've every gotten physical. Well, I kicked him once when he was tickling me on the couch but that was a reflex action. :D

But I can dish it out verbally in a variety of ways with the best of them. I'm quite formidable when pushed too far.

Living in a family of three men (two grown sons + husband), I try to allow for some testosterone to permeate the place. It helps that they're all geeks not jocks. So I'm actually kind of interested in a lot of the stuff they do (like build and pilot 385 lb combat robots). But pretty much... I gotta say, Mama rules. (Can you tell I'm a first child?)

2009 Tolkien Computer Monitor Calendars
LOTR soundtrack website : CD Editions & Similarities Updates March 08
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Laerasëa
Tol Eressea

Apr 24 2009, 10:54pm

Post #321 of 413 (11110 views)
Shortcut
*snert* I'm looking the other way.....(while posting between classes...) ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Traveling Journal Official Site
The journal is finally in America!!

orcbane
Gondor

Apr 24 2009, 11:11pm

Post #322 of 413 (11134 views)
Shortcut
It is true for me as well as far [In reply to] Can't Post

as who really rules the castle. We have a saying that when Mom is unhappy, everyone is unhappy. I also found the saying 'sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never harm me' to be totally wrong. And the 'First Born' thing as well... I heard a comedian say when he boarded a plane (in the old pre-911 days) he used to poke his head in the cockpit and say "So how are you First-Borns doing today ?". When I heard that I happened to be working entirely with aircrews (military) and the next morning polled the 6-7 there when I got to work. It was like all but one were First-Borns. I was a middle-kid. I don't know what that is supposed to mean. Laugh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A new name I take to myself. Njarro-Huan

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Apr 24 2009, 11:15pm

Post #323 of 413 (11073 views)
Shortcut
well EXACTLY! [In reply to] Can't Post

Most inconsiderate... Wink

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

'You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with TORnsibs and their friends.'

Donry
Tol Eressea

Apr 24 2009, 11:18pm

Post #324 of 413 (11115 views)
Shortcut
Still going strong... [In reply to] Can't Post

I see....several hours in. I hope its an all-nighter, a kegger even! Have fun folks!

What's the matter, James? No glib remark? No pithy comeback?"

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 24 2009, 11:21pm

Post #325 of 413 (11206 views)
Shortcut
Birth Order [In reply to] Can't Post

You can find a lot about birth order. Here's a site: http://www.childdevelopmentinfo.com/...ment/birth_order.htm

I don't know how other people feel about the birth order theory but I definitely have the bossy tendencies of a first child. I'm pretty easy going and love collaborating but if someone tries to boss me around I react immediately. I finally realized it was a perfect first child trait.

2009 Tolkien Computer Monitor Calendars
LOTR soundtrack website : CD Editions & Similarities Updates March 08
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

First page Previous page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.