Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
**TORn 10th Anniversary Game: Scavenger Hunt!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 24 2009, 10:10pm

Post #1 of 24 (845 views)
Shortcut
**TORn 10th Anniversary Game: Scavenger Hunt! Can't Post

Greetings all! As part of our Celebration, various puzzles and games will be presented for your enjoyment here on Main. Our starting point is a TheOneRing.net Scavenger Hunt! Other games to come, throughout this weekend, will include an Anagram Quiz by Entmaiden, a Dwarves puzzle by OhioHobbit, a Songs for Characters thread by Elberbeth, an Admin Scramble by Kelvarhin, and a reprise of Bilbo's Brainteasers by Altaira!

So, first: here's your chance to show what you know about what can be found at this grand Site - or, if you don't know, tale a look around and find out! All of the answers are places that can be accessed via the links on the Home Page, or are just a couple of clicks away from there.

Below are ten clues. The answer is only partially given; fill in the blanks to show a TORn "location" or other related title/name/thing. (Remember, when you respond, don't place any answers in the subject line!)

1. A great place to chat online: _ _ r l i _ a _ 's

2. Want to bid on a statue of Gollum or find out where to purchase the latest Tolkien book? Head to _ e r c h a _ _ _ s e

3. Here there be pictures of actors, locations, fellow fans, even LotR cartoons:
The _ c _ a p_ _ ok

4. Want to find out what people said was their favorite Tolkien book, or who they think should play Bilbo? Take a look through the P _ l _ s A r _ h i _ _ e _

5. Bone up on Tolkien trivia with the ever-changing Q_ _ t e _ o _ a t _ r

6. This daily feature of these Message Boards can often be found featured on the Home Page: T _ _ ay in M _ d _ _ e - _ _ r t _
(Bonus: who researches and writes these posts? Wink)

7. How observant are you? Name the artist whose painting appears on the Home Page header: _ _ d _ a _ s m i _ h

8. Don't forget to browse through the Old TORn site! Click on that link and take a look around. You can find writings such as Quickbeam's Out on a Limb at _ r e _ _ B _ o _ _

9. And there you can also find lots of pics and articles by Tehanu about the places where the films were being made by clicking on F e _ _ u _ e s.

10. In addition, by clicking on C _ m _ _ n i _ y, you can find links to related sites, including Kyriel's fabulous Middle-Earth Tours!

Bonus. Now that you've taken a self-tour of TORn, you can return here via the link for the _ _ s s _ _ e B _ _ r _ s.

As a treat, here is a link to an area of TORn which is an excellent place if you're looking for Tolkien-related artwork, both professional and amateur: Rolozo Tolkien at http://fan.theonering.net/rolozo/collection. Enjoy!

(And here's some calorie-free cookies to "munch" on while you "hunt"! Wink )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 24 2009, 10:23pm

Post #2 of 24 (599 views)
Shortcut
hands in paper [In reply to] Can't Post

1. A great place to chat online: B a r l i m a n 's

2. Want to bid on a statue of Gollum or find out where to purchase the latest Tolkien book? Head to M e r c h a n d i s e

3. Here there be pictures of actors, locations, fellow fans, even LotR cartoons:
The S c r a p b o o k

4. Want to find out what people said was their favorite Tolkien book, or who they think should play Bilbo? Take a look through the
P o l l s A r c h i v _ e s (either there's an extra blank in there or I have this wrong)

5. Bone up on Tolkien trivia with the ever-changing
Q u o t e R o t a t o r

6. This daily feature of these Message Boards can often be found featured on the Home Page:
T o d a y in M i d d l e - e a r t h
(Bonus: who researches and writes these posts? ) grammaboodawg!

7. How observant are you? Name the artist whose painting appears on the Home Page header:
T e d N a i s m i t h

8. Don't forget to browse through the Old TORn site! Click on that link and take a look around. You can find writings such as Quickbeam's Out on a Limb at
G r e e n B o o k s

9. And there you can also find lots of pics and articles by Tehanu about the places where the films were being made by clicking on
F e a t u r e s. (I actually wasn't aware of this ... I just solved it by trying different letters)

10. In addition, by clicking on
C o m m u n i t y,
you can find links to related sites, including Kyriel's fabulous Middle-Earth Tours!

Bonus. Now that you've taken a self-tour of TORn, you can return here via the link for the
m e s s a g e B o a r d s.

wee! grabs a cookie and runs off to find more games.

2009 Tolkien Computer Monitor Calendars
LOTR soundtrack website : CD Editions & Similarities Updates March 08
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Apr 24 2009, 10:28pm

Post #3 of 24 (598 views)
Shortcut
mmm cookies *munch munch* [In reply to] Can't Post

1. A great place to chat online: _ _ r l i _ a _ 's Barliman's

2. Want to bid on a statue of Gollum or find out where to purchase the latest Tolkien book? Head to _ e r c h a _ _ _ s e Merchandise

The _ c _ a p_ _ ok Scrapbook

4. Want to find out what people said was their favorite Tolkien book, or who they think should play Bilbo? Take a look through the P _ l _ s A r _ h i _ _ e _ Polls Archive (which I didn't know we had!)

5. Bone up on Tolkien trivia with the ever-changing Q_ _ t e _ o _ a t _ r Quote Rotator

6. This daily feature of these Message Boards can often be found featured on the Home Page: T _ _ ay in M _ d _ _ e - _ _ r t _ Today in Middle-Earth (TIME) run by grammaboodawg!

7. How observant are you? Name the artist whose painting appears on the Home Page header: _ _ d _ a _ s m i _ h Ted Naismith

8. Don't forget to browse through the Old TORn site! Click on that link and take a look around. You can find writings such as Quickbeam's Out on a Limb at _ r e _ _ B _ o _ _ GreenBooks (that one almost stumped me!)

9. And there you can also find lots of pics and articles by Tehanu about the places where the films were being made by clicking on F e _ _ u _ e s. Features

10. In addition, by clicking on C _ m _ _ n i _ y, you can find links to related sites, including Kyriel's fabulous Middle-Earth Tours! Community

Bonus. Now that you've taken a self-tour of TORn, you can return here via the link for the _ _ s s _ _ e B _ _ r _ s. Message Boards!!

That was fun! Thanks dernwyn Cool

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive
The Screencap of the Day Schedule for April

Menelwyn
Rohan

Apr 24 2009, 11:03pm

Post #4 of 24 (614 views)
Shortcut
*gets out magnifying glass* [In reply to] Can't Post

Here we go!

1. Barliman's
2. Merchandise
3. Scrapbook
4. Polls Archive (or Poll Archive according to my menu, but you included the s!)
5. Quote Rotator
6. Today in Middle-earth (Bonus: gramma!)
7. Ted Nasmith
8. Green Books
9. Features
10. Message Boards! Yay for us!

and more munchies...mmmmmm....

Laerasëa
Tol Eressea

Apr 24 2009, 11:23pm

Post #5 of 24 (567 views)
Shortcut
Yay! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok, I've got time for this!!

1. Barliman's
2. Merchandise
3. Scrapbook

(looking on that sidebar is really helping!)

4. Poll Archive
5. Quote...hmm, ok this one is hard. Quote something. Oh, the rotator!!
6. Today in Middle Earth (gramma)
7. Ooh, I know this one. My first TORn avatar! Ted Nasmith (Rivendell).
8. Green Books
9. Features
10. Community
11. Message boards!! Laugh

Traveling Journal Official Site
The journal is finally in America!!

sevilodorf
Grey Havens

Apr 24 2009, 11:43pm

Post #6 of 24 (588 views)
Shortcut
Hunting for Scavengers... [In reply to] Can't Post

1. A great place to chat online: Barliman's

2. Want to bid on a statue of Gollum or find out where to purchase the latest Tolkien book? Head to Merchandise

The Scrapbook

4. Want to find out what people said was their favorite Tolkien book, or who they think should play Bilbo? Take a look through the Poll Archive

5. Bone up on Tolkien trivia with the ever-changing Quote Rotator

6. This daily feature of these Message Boards can often be found featured on the Home Page: Today in Middle Earth... grammaboodawg

7. How observant are you? Name the artist whose painting appears on the Home Page header: Ted Nasmith

8. Don't forget to browse through the Old TORn site! Click on that link and take a look around. You can find writings such as Quickbeam's Out on a Limb at Green Books

9. And there you can also find lots of pics and articles by Tehanu about the places where the films were being made by clicking on F eatures

10. In addition, by clicking on Community, you can find links to related sites, including Kyriel's fabulous Middle-Earth Tours!

Bonus. Now that you've taken a self-tour of TORn, you can return here via the link for the Message Boards

Happy Torniversary.

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Apr 24 2009, 11:45pm

Post #7 of 24 (580 views)
Shortcut
Oooo, what fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know if it is cheating, but OhioHobbit and I did this together. If it's right, we share the glory; if it's wrong it's all OhioHobbit's fault!

1. Barliman's
2. Merchandise
3. The Scrapbook
4. Polls Archive with a left over e_
5. Quote Rotator
6. Today in Middle Earth
7. Ted Naismith
8. Green Books
9. Features
10. Community
Bonus: Message Boards

Movie Technical Discussion -- Index

a.s.
Valinor

Apr 25 2009, 12:09am

Post #8 of 24 (580 views)
Shortcut
all right, I'm game [In reply to] Can't Post

1. A great place to chat online: Barliman's

2. Want to bid on a statue of Gollum or find out where to purchase the latest Tolkien book? Head to _ e r c h a _ _ _ s e

WAH!! Can't do this one, what is wrong with me!!!?? (resists urge to cheat and look at the exam paper being filled in by Tornsib sitting in the next desk...)

3. Here there be pictures of actors, locations, fellow fans, even LotR cartoons: The Scrapbook

4. Want to find out what people said was their favorite Tolkien book, or who they think should play Bilbo? Take a look through the Polls Archive

5. Bone up on Tolkien trivia with the ever-changing Quote Rotator

6. This daily feature of these Message Boards can often be found featured on the Home Page: Today in Middle Earth (Bonus: who researches and writes these posts? Wink) Why, our lovely gramma, of course!!

7. How observant are you? Name the artist whose painting appears on the Home Page header: Ted Naismith

8. Don't forget to browse through the Old TORn site! Click on that link and take a look around. You can find writings such as Quickbeam's Out on a Limb at Greenbooks

9. And there you can also find lots of pics and articles by Tehanu about the places where the films were being made by clicking on Features

10. In addition, by clicking on Community, you can find links to related sites, including Kyriel's fabulous Middle-Earth Tours!

Bonus. Now that you've taken a self-tour of TORn, you can return here via the link for the Message Boards.

Grr. Must now go check to see the answer to number 2 submitted by those Tornsibs obviously brighter than me. Than I. Me. I.

Whatever.

Cool

a.s.

"an seileachan"

God is eternal, without beginning or end. Don't worry too much about tomorrow. God is already there.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 25 2009, 12:12am

Post #9 of 24 (612 views)
Shortcut
A slight correction for #4! [In reply to] Can't Post

As our most observant 'sibbies have already noticed (thank you, guys!), there's an extra "_" in #4, and I'd somehow made it plural - I must've gotten carried away putting those things in! Laugh

Anyway, it should be: P _ l _ s A r _ h i _ e

IEC to all who got the answer, without the correction! Wink

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"

a.s.
Valinor

Apr 25 2009, 12:14am

Post #10 of 24 (629 views)
Shortcut
jeez. I need a nap. [In reply to] Can't Post

In the interest of honesty, I am not going to go back and change my answer to number two, no matter how OBVIOUS it is, right there, staring me in the face on the left hand column.

I am honest. Embarrassed. But honest, nevertheless!!!

Blush

Go ahead. Laugh. I did.

a.s.

"an seileachan"

God is eternal, without beginning or end. Don't worry too much about tomorrow. God is already there.

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Apr 25 2009, 12:40am

Post #11 of 24 (566 views)
Shortcut
Cookies! I'm in! [In reply to] Can't Post

Barliman's

Merchandise

The _ c _ a p_ _ ok
Scrapbook

4. Want to find out what people said was their favorite Tolkien book, or who they think should play Bilbo? Take a look through the P _ l _ s A r _ h i _ _ e _
Polls Archives

Quote Rotator

6. This daily feature of these Message Boards can often be found featured on the Home Page: T _ _ ay in M _ d _ _ e - _ _ r t _
Today in Middle Earth by our own Grammaboodawg

7. How observant are you? Name the artist whose painting appears on the Home Page header: _ _ d _ a _ s m i _ h
Ted Naismith

8. Don't forget to browse through the Old TORn site! Click on that link and take a look around. You can find writings such as Quickbeam's Out on a Limb at _ r e _ _ B _ o _ _
Green Books

9. And there you can also find lots of pics and articles by Tehanu about the places where the films were being made by clicking on F e _ _ u _ e s.
Features

10. In addition, by clicking on C _ m _ _ n i _ y, you can find links to related sites, including Kyriel's fabulous Middle-Earth Tours!
Community

Bonus. Now that you've taken a self-tour of TORn, you can return here via the link for the _ _ s s _ _ e B _ _ r _ s.
Message Boards! (or Massage Boards, if you prefer)

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

batik
Tol Eressea

Apr 25 2009, 12:50am

Post #12 of 24 (576 views)
Shortcut
50/50 plus the *bonus* [In reply to] Can't Post

Barliman's
Merchandise
The _ c _ a p_ _ ok
Scrapbook
Poll Archive
Quote Rotater
Today in Middle-earth...I believe that'd be gramma.
Ted Nasmith
Green Books
Features
Community (?)

Message Boards...which is where my PC is set up to *go to*--rarely visit the home page Shocked

* saw the "S" in number 4
here's a *duh* for ya--opened up a new tab to get to the links--DUH--they are right there on the left. Oh well-was stumped on Nasmith anyhow!

(This post was edited by batik on Apr 25 2009, 12:53am)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 25 2009, 12:52am

Post #13 of 24 (570 views)
Shortcut
Aww... [In reply to] Can't Post

I bet you just didn't get enough cookies - have some more!

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Apr 25 2009, 1:45am

Post #14 of 24 (558 views)
Shortcut
I'm assuming it's OK to noodle around [In reply to] Can't Post

since its a Scavenger Hunt and not a Quiz.

So here are my answers:

1. Barliman's
2.Merchandise
3. The scrapbook
4. Polls Archive
5. Quote rotator
6. Today in Middle-Earth (by our own grammaboodawg)
7. Ted Nasmith
8. Green Books
9. Features
10. Community
bonus: Messageboards

Man, it's been a long time since I've been to the front page! For someone who's been here over seven years, I was amazed at all I didn't knowBlush

Thanks for a fun game!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

weaver
Half-elven

Apr 25 2009, 2:44am

Post #15 of 24 (584 views)
Shortcut
Finally, I get a chance to play! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was busy working on the stuff for the LOTR Movie Board! Lots of fun stuff going on there, starting tomorrow!

For now, let's see how much I know...or don't know, more likely!

1. Barliman's!

2. Merchandise?

3. Scrapbook!

4. Poll Archives

5. Advertising? (uh probably not...)

6. Today in Middle Earth by Gramma!

7. Not very observant I guess -- Nadia Smith?

8. Greenbooks -- I love this place.

9. I know! Feng Shui!

10. Community?

Bonus. Message Boards or Pass-a-me-Beerss!

Nice cookies, yum and fun quiz, even though I think I barely passed -- sheesh! Thanks!

Weaver

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Apr 25 2009, 2:53am

Post #16 of 24 (546 views)
Shortcut
My turn :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

Barliman's
Merchandise
The Scrapbook
Poll Archive
Quote Rotator
Today in Middle earth by Grammaboodawg HeartHeart
Ted Nasmith
Greenbooks
Features
Community

Bonus - Message Boards HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Thanks dernie, that was fun.
*hugs*
Kel x

Kelvarhin's Universe~~~~~~~Laerasea's Travelling TORn Journal
One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 25 2009, 3:32am

Post #17 of 24 (545 views)
Shortcut
I think there's another mistake - spoiler for the answer within [In reply to] Can't Post

I knew this was Ted but I thought his name was Nasmith... which would mean there was an extra blank. But I'm often misspelling names. I googled Ted Naismith and got up lots of hits. Later, after reading a few answers from other players, I googled Ted Nasmith and got just as many hits... including his site which I guess would mean it's got no i in it.

It seemed so typically anal of me to fuss about it and I didn't think it was terribly important. I figured you would either not notice... (and I would get it right) or you would and declare both spellings correct or you would get picky and say that you were trying to trick us and only Nasmith would be right (I had a teacher who would play these sorts of games) in which case I would secretely hate you forever.

Laugh

Elven
Valinor

Apr 25 2009, 3:45am

Post #18 of 24 (564 views)
Shortcut
Beware scavengers inside ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Well what can a girl do but go threaded and see the answers first Crazy Smile ... and still be stumped when it comes to answering them LOL!!

1. A great place to chat online: b a r l i m a n 's

2. Want to bid on a statue of Gollum or find out where to purchase the latest Tolkien book? Head to M e r c h a n d i s e

The S c a a p b o ok

4. Want to find out what people said was their favorite Tolkien book, or who they think should play Bilbo? Take a look through the P _ l _ s A r c h i v _ e s (I had to look up this one - then realized the correction Wink)

5. Bone up on Tolkien trivia with the ever-changing Q u o t e R o t a t e r

6. This daily feature of these Message Boards can often be found featured on the Home Page: T h i s day in M i d d l e - E a r t h (oops - I think there was a _ missingl
(Bonus: who researches and writes these posts? Wink) Gramma! Yay!! Heart

7. How observant are you? Name the artist whose painting appears on the Home Page header: T e d N a i s m i t h

8. Don't forget to browse through the Old TORn site! Click on that link and take a look around. You can find writings such as Quickbeam's Out on a Limb at G r e e n B o o k s

9. And there you can also find lots of pics and articles by Tehanu about the places where the films were being made by clicking on F e a t u r e s.

10. In addition, by clicking on C _ m _ _ n i _ y, you can find links to related sites, including Kyriel's fabulous Middle-Earth Tours! (Ack, brain freeze Crazy )

Bonus. Now that you've taken a self-tour of TORn, you can return here via the link for the M e s s a g e B o a r d s

Thankyou dernwyn!
Now for cookies Laugh

Cheers
Elven x

Swishtail.

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

Avatar: Liberace - The other Lord of the Rings.

Quote of The Week: The thing is I always write in the morning, and I know that if I go to the Net I won’t write ... you can start in the most scholarly website and end up at Paris Hilton dot com .. GdT

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 25 2009, 12:57pm

Post #19 of 24 (594 views)
Shortcut
LOL! (spoilers within) [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you know, I keep thinking that "Nasmith" must be spelled wrong, and I'm always inserting that "i" in there! Laugh

How about some IEC for being the first to notice? Wink I'll post the correction separately.

BTW I'm also accepting "Massage Boards"... Cool

Thanks!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 25 2009, 1:05pm

Post #20 of 24 (572 views)
Shortcut
A slight emendation to #7... [In reply to] Can't Post

Magpie noted that I've got an "alternate spelling" (well, okay, the wrong spelling! Blush) of the name of the artist for #7 - but I notice that 'sibs are spelling it both ways, anyway! Laugh

So the correct number of blanks should be: _ _ d _ a s m i _ h

But if you want to go with a letter between the "a" and "s", that's fine too! Angelic

By the way, this is a scavenger hunt, so if you were wondering, yes, you're supposed to go to the Home Page and take a little tour to find things! Wink

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 25 2009, 2:39pm

Post #21 of 24 (562 views)
Shortcut
noticing things like this... [In reply to] Can't Post

and arguing the point... back in the old days... usually got me in trouble. (trying hard not to point out that there's also a blank at the end of Poll Archive that could only mean you wanted Poll Archives... see, do you want to slap me yet?)

Off to look up IEC in Silverlode's dictionary. I'm pretty sure EC is extra credit.

ooh... I like my IEC!

(This post was edited by Magpie on Apr 25 2009, 2:40pm)

simplyaven
Grey Havens

Apr 25 2009, 7:22pm

Post #22 of 24 (529 views)
Shortcut
OK, I'll try :)) [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Barliman's Chat

2. Merchandise

3. The Scrap book

4. uh, no idea Blush

5. Quote rotator

6. Today In Middle Earth (TIME)
(Bonus: who researches and writes these posts? Wink) - Gramma! Cool

7. _ _ d _ a _ s m i _ h - I thought it was Ted Nasmith but there seems to be one letter more in your suggestion, so I don't know... Blush

8. Green books

9. Features?

10. Community

Message Boards! Cool

Thanks for this, dernwyn, it was fun! Smile

Culinary journey through Middle Earth continues! Join us on April 30th on the Main board for the renewed thread!

Middle earth recipes archive

I believe

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 25 2009, 10:47pm

Post #23 of 24 (531 views)
Shortcut
Yummy! Both the game AND the cookies! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I was working all day administering another test, but I had time to print out a couple of our games to keep me busy :D

Here's my shot WITHOUT a computer to use to peek or search:

1. A great place to chat online: _ _ r l i _ a _ 's Barliman's

2. Want to bid on a statue of Gollum or find out where to purchase the latest Tolkien book? Head to _ e r c h a _ _ _ s e merchandise

The _ c _ a p_ _ ok Scrapbook

4. Want to find out what people said was their favorite Tolkien book, or who they think should play Bilbo? Take a look through the P _ l _ s A r _ h i _ _ e _ Polls Archives

5. Bone up on Tolkien trivia with the ever-changing Q_ _ t e _ o _ a t _ r Quote Rotator

(Bonus: who researches and writes these posts? Wink) uhhh... I totally drew a blank.

7. How observant are you? Name the artist whose painting appears on the Home Page header: _ _ d _ a _ s m i _ h Ted Nasmith

8. Don't forget to browse through the Old TORn site! Click on that link and take a look around. You can find writings such as Quickbeam's Out on a Limb at _ r e _ _ B _ o _ _ Green Books

9. And there you can also find lots of pics and articles by Tehanu about the places where the films were being made by clicking on F e _ _ u _ e s. Features

10. In addition, by clicking on C _ m _ _ n i _ y, you can find links to related sites, including Kyriel's fabulous Middle-Earth Tours! Community

Bonus. Now that you've taken a self-tour of TORn, you can return here via the link for the _ _ s s _ _ e B _ _ r _ s. Message Boards

MOST EXCELLENT GAME DERNWYN!!! And very tasty! Thank you! HUGGLES

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 28 2009, 1:10am

Post #24 of 24 (528 views)
Shortcut
Wow! On page 2 now? Answers inside... [In reply to] Can't Post

...if anyone's still reading this! Laugh

(What a wonderful response to the Celebration!)

Here are the answers - and apologies for my typos, I must have been over-excited for some strange reason...Smile

1. Barliman's
2. Merchandise
3. The Scrapbook
4. Polls Archive(s)
5. Quote Rotator
6. Today in Middle-earth - written by our one and only gramma!
7. Ted Naismith Nasmith Angelic
8. Greenbooks
9. Features
10. Community
Bonus. Message/Massage Boards

Now, the scoring! Since the reason for this exercise was to get you all to browse the Site, everyone who tried gets a perfect 11 - with IEC to the ever-sharp-eyed Magpie (I forgot to have someone proofread this; can I borrow you, next time? Cool) for finding the most goofs, and to that fabulous team Alcarcalime/OhioHobbit for mentioning that extra space in "Archive".

Of course, anyone who was not able to answer both parts of #6 got a negative 10 (excepting gramma, of course! Wink).

Thank you all for playing! Heart

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual
......Founder's Day Celebration
...........Established 4/26/09

...Corvar, Xoanon, Tehanu, Calisuri.....LARGER IMAGE

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.