Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome to our Long-expected and Long-deserved Party! It’s TORn’s 10th Anniversary Special Edition of Fiesta Friday!!
First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 Next page Last page  View All

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 24 2009, 6:28pm

Post #226 of 413 (11533 views)
Shortcut
Thank you. // [In reply to] Can't Post

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

FingonOfPittsburgh
Lorien

Apr 24 2009, 6:29pm

Post #227 of 413 (11626 views)
Shortcut
A party, eh? [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, I'll have a mug of 1420, if you'd please.

Best regards to all of the fine folk who have made this message board such a wonderful and meaningful place over the past 10 years. I wish us all many more!

Out of the darkness of my life, so much frustrated, I put before you the one great thing to love on earth: the Blessed Sacrament... There you will find romance, glory, honour, fidelity, and the true way of all your loves on earth, and more than that: Death: by the divine paradox, that which ends life, and demands the surrender of all, and yet by the taste (or foretaste) of which alone can what you seek in your earthly relationships (love, faithfulness, joy) be maintained, or take on that complexion of reality, of eternal endurance, which every man's heart desires.

--J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter #43, to his son Michael

silneldor
Half-elven

Apr 24 2009, 6:30pm

Post #228 of 413 (11546 views)
Shortcut
Oh no! A green alien! [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile. I am still elated at your 'coming home'.

It looks like you are taking care of things in the bliss department. Carry on free spirit! *hand and forefinger raised to the heavens*.

''What connects Nature to the spiritual, or requires the presence of the latter? In positive terms, as Alkis Kontos points out, when nature was still largely experienced as integral, alive and active, 'It was the spiritual dimension of the world, its enchanted, magical quality that rendered it infinite, not amenable to complete calculability; spirit could not be quanified; it permitted and invited mythologization.' And I would add, it still is and does.''
Patrick Curry-Defending Middle-Earth-Tolkien: Myth and Modernity - chapter: 'The Sea: Spirituality and Ethics.'

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 24 2009, 6:31pm

Post #229 of 413 (11528 views)
Shortcut
Yum! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Those look delicious!

Stay safe and have fun, Peredhil lover! :)

Eventides' Website!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

silneldor
Half-elven

Apr 24 2009, 6:33pm

Post #230 of 413 (11536 views)
Shortcut
Happy day to you OB.\\ [In reply to] Can't Post

''What connects Nature to the spiritual, or requires the presence of the latter? In positive terms, as Alkis Kontos points out, when nature was still largely experienced as integral, alive and active, 'It was the spiritual dimension of the world, its enchanted, magical quality that rendered it infinite, not amenable to complete calculability; spirit could not be quanified; it permitted and invited mythologization.' And I would add, it still is and does.''
Patrick Curry-Defending Middle-Earth-Tolkien: Myth and Modernity - chapter: 'The Sea: Spirituality and Ethics.'

Joelle
Bree

Apr 24 2009, 6:36pm

Post #231 of 413 (11574 views)
Shortcut
Happy Anniversary TORn!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think the pinnacle of (for my personally) the awesomeness of TORn was when I had my highschool graduation and there in the audience were two TORnsibs. So many memories, so many adventures, so many things that I will never forget.

"In the end the shadow is only a small and passing thing; there is light and high beauty forever beyond its reach"- J.R.R Tolkien

TheLonelyIsle.net

Draupne
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 24 2009, 6:36pm

Post #232 of 413 (11570 views)
Shortcut
Hi there! Hvorfor [In reply to] Can't Post

får dere alle Jim Butcher bøkene en måned før resten av verden? Har dere bestukket noen? *glor mistenksomt over grensa*

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 24 2009, 6:37pm

Post #233 of 413 (11555 views)
Shortcut
Nice to see you, S/G! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

And of course we care-- that's a big part of why this is The Best Board On The 'Net, and why we keep coming back. :)

Whatever you choose to share (or not :) ), I hope you have a great weekend!

Eventides' Website!
John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Elven
Valinor

Apr 24 2009, 6:41pm

Post #234 of 413 (11694 views)
Shortcut
Raises glass ... [In reply to] Can't Post

To our beloved sibs ....

Never far from our hearts - we look to your Western shores - and raise our glasses on this Special occassion - in memory of past Shire Days and Lothlorien nights - and celebrate in joy all the happy moments we had - and we know that you are here with us in heart - to share this time together with us too.

*Clink*
To Windfara, Reverend, Balin, and tornsibs past.
*Clink*

Blessings
Elven x

Swishtail.

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

Avatar: Liberace - The other Lord of the Rings.

Quote of The Week: The thing is I always write in the morning, and I know that if I go to the Net I won’t write ... you can start in the most scholarly website and end up at Paris Hilton dot com .. GdT

Draupne
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 24 2009, 6:43pm

Post #235 of 413 (11614 views)
Shortcut
Gratulerer med dagen alle sammen! [In reply to] Can't Post

Bør vel si masse rart på norsk her som ingen skjønner, helt til en eller annen tulling kommer med en dårlig oversettelse og ødelegger alt. *snufs*

Hope you all have a great weekend!

silneldor
Half-elven

Apr 24 2009, 6:43pm

Post #236 of 413 (11620 views)
Shortcut
Cheers Auntie:D\\ [In reply to] Can't Post

Draupne
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 24 2009, 6:48pm

Post #237 of 413 (11698 views)
Shortcut
Is Hengist stein? [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh dear ....

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 24 2009, 6:49pm

Post #238 of 413 (11516 views)
Shortcut
Hi FOP! [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice to see you!

I hope you have a great weekend! :)

Eventides' Website!
John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

diedye
Grey Havens

Apr 24 2009, 6:50pm

Post #239 of 413 (11657 views)
Shortcut
Your avatar... [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you trying to make me go blind?!

Crazy

Blessed are the cracked,
For they are the ones who let in the light!

FingonOfPittsburgh
Lorien

Apr 24 2009, 6:52pm

Post #240 of 413 (11520 views)
Shortcut
Wow [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I think the pinnacle of (for my personally) the awesomeness of TORn was when I had my highschool graduation and there in the audience were two TORnsibs. So many memories, so many adventures, so many things that I will never forget.

Somehow I'm managing to botch the quote feature - but I wanted to say that this is a very cool story!

Out of the darkness of my life, so much frustrated, I put before you the one great thing to love on earth: the Blessed Sacrament... There you will find romance, glory, honour, fidelity, and the true way of all your loves on earth, and more than that: Death: by the divine paradox, that which ends life, and demands the surrender of all, and yet by the taste (or foretaste) of which alone can what you seek in your earthly relationships (love, faithfulness, joy) be maintained, or take on that complexion of reality, of eternal endurance, which every man's heart desires.

(This post was edited by FingonOfPittsburgh on Apr 24 2009, 6:55pm)

Elven
Valinor

Apr 24 2009, 6:53pm

Post #241 of 413 (11524 views)
Shortcut
A huge massive thankyou!! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a wonderful place tORN is!
Thankyou Xoanon!

Enough! Now back to work with you *gets out orc whip* ... but dont forget to come back sooon! Wink

Cheers
Elven x

Swishtail.

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

Avatar: Liberace - The other Lord of the Rings.

Quote of The Week: The thing is I always write in the morning, and I know that if I go to the Net I won’t write ... you can start in the most scholarly website and end up at Paris Hilton dot com .. GdT

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 24 2009, 6:53pm

Post #242 of 413 (11563 views)
Shortcut
I think I got... [In reply to] Can't Post

*snufs*

2009 Tolkien Computer Monitor Calendars
LOTR soundtrack website : CD Editions & Similarities Updates March 08
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Joelle
Bree

Apr 24 2009, 6:54pm

Post #243 of 413 (11523 views)
Shortcut
*big hugs to gramma!* [In reply to] Can't Post

=)

"In the end the shadow is only a small and passing thing; there is light and high beauty forever beyond its reach"- J.R.R Tolkien

TheLonelyIsle.net

FingonOfPittsburgh
Lorien

Apr 24 2009, 6:59pm

Post #244 of 413 (11579 views)
Shortcut
One other thing - VERY IMPORTANT! [In reply to] Can't Post

So in addition to celebrating the last wonderful 10 years, I think we should not lose sight of how much effort Altaira and her husband and others put into getting these new boards up and running. The old boards were great in their time, but these are even more wonderful.

Anyone who had multi-paragraph posts brutally and heartlessly gobbled up by the mythical time-out monster can attest to this fact!!! Unsure

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Apr 24 2009, 6:59pm

Post #245 of 413 (11659 views)
Shortcut
All hail to the founders, admins and all who keep TheOneRing rolling! [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileW00T!Smile Ten years - wow! Seriously, massive respect - and hobbity hugs! - to all those who make this such a special place to be. It's withstood trolling, flaming (wings or no wings), hard times and all sorts of challenges, and the boards and the community are still going strong! Proper 1420 that is, and no mistake!

For me, this is a pre-wedding fiesta, too! No, not mine - hah, bin there, dun that - but my daughter is getting married on May Day, so next Friday I'll be kicking up my heels (or more likely falling off 'em) at the post-wedding party.

Have a wonderful weekend, all, however you're spending it!
Cheers!

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Apr 24 2009, 7:02pm

Post #246 of 413 (11593 views)
Shortcut
*raises glass* [In reply to] Can't Post

To steal a phrase from another fandom - 'Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever forgotten'.

Garfeimao
Rohan

Apr 24 2009, 7:02pm

Post #247 of 413 (11566 views)
Shortcut
Hah [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been told I'm buying, since this is my first Fiesta Friday.

So, since I live in So Cal, I'll set out a round of Corona beer, Margaritas (with Sombreros) and some homemade Mead I can get my hands on from a new friend who makes it himself.

I'll take a Sparkling Apple Cider for myself, since I don't drink.

Don't fall over, we want this party to last all weekend.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle earth

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 24 2009, 7:03pm

Post #248 of 413 (11553 views)
Shortcut
Awwww {{{FoP}}} [In reply to] Can't Post

You've always been among my very favoritest of favorite people here. Now I know why. WinkBlushSmile

I can truthfully say it's been a great pleasure for me. BG, I have to bribe, lol! LaughWink

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Menelwyn
Rohan

Apr 24 2009, 7:14pm

Post #249 of 413 (11610 views)
Shortcut
who said I was ignoring work? *furtive glance, hides window* :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Apr 24 2009, 7:15pm

Post #250 of 413 (11517 views)
Shortcut
Good to see you, too! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, the last manuscript is almost out the door, so I should be able to hang around this weekend. Good timing, right?

Thank you! Poor Blackness Tower had the shelf life of a Mayfly -- I'm glad you were able to find a copy.

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.