Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome to our Long-expected and Long-deserved Party! It’s TORn’s 10th Anniversary Special Edition of Fiesta Friday!!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 Next page Last page  View All

silneldor
Half-elven

Apr 24 2009, 5:00pm

Post #126 of 413 (11316 views)
Shortcut
It is a weekend to be bold. [In reply to] Can't Post

It is because our founders were bold.
It is amazing what magnificence will grow from the tiniest of seeds/thoughts.
Fine weekend to you wonderful sib:)

''What connects Nature to the spiritual, or requires the presence of the latter? In positive terms, as Alkis Kontos points out, when nature was still largely experienced as integral, alive and active, 'It was the spiritual dimension of the world, its enchanted, magical quality that rendered it infinite, not amenable to complete calculability; spirit could not be quanified; it permitted and invited mythologization.' And I would add, it still is and does.''
Patrick Curry-Defending Middle-Earth-Tolkien: Myth and Modernity - chapter: 'The Sea: Spirituality and Ethics.'

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 24 2009, 5:01pm

Post #127 of 413 (11324 views)
Shortcut
Cheers Hengist! [In reply to] Can't Post

HERE'S TO TORN and its wonderfulness!

Have a great weeknd!!

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Post #128 of 413 (11467 views)
Shortcut
I think you're missing something... [In reply to] Can't Post

a 'Before' icon/avatar. =)

AHhhhhhh...

Altaira
Superuser

Post #129 of 413 (11357 views)
Shortcut
Goofy grins are welcome this weekend, Alassea [In reply to] Can't Post

Which is a really good thing because I have one too. Smile

Wonderful work on the festivities, my dear. THANK-YOU and have fun! SmileCoolHeart

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Post #130 of 413 (11445 views)
Shortcut
aux absents! [In reply to] Can't Post

Their spirits linger with us always. Smile

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

'You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with TORnsibs and their friends.'

Asclepias
Rivendell

Apr 24 2009, 5:02pm

Post #131 of 413 (11396 views)
Shortcut
Oh, geez [In reply to] Can't Post

You just had to go and make me cry!

Rivendweller
Lorien

Apr 24 2009, 5:02pm

Post #132 of 413 (11358 views)
Shortcut
* raises glass * To TORn ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hooray ! For the party has begun !

Who knew that 10 years ago, four extremely talented and dedicated people would create such a magnificent place that many many people would end up calling their virtual home ? It makes one humble just to think about it all !

I happily join in on the toasting to Corvar, Calisuri, Xoanon and Tehanu for their love of this timeless story and their dedication to keeping it running so smoothly. I also toast all the Admin's who have kept it a place one wants to return to again and again, and to all the wonderful fabulous people that make this a special place to be !

TORn, my old friend, this will be a party to remember !

A nice mimosa if you please Altaira, just to sip and enjoy for the rest of the day !

Thank you to ALL !!! Heart

There's something of everything here, The Shire and the Golden Wood and Gondor and kings' houses and inns and meadows and mountains all mixed.

....and there are Elves when you want them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Formerly A'amel from days gone by.

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 24 2009, 5:03pm

Post #133 of 413 (11353 views)
Shortcut
*raises glass with Menelwyn* [In reply to] Can't Post

Quite an event, indeed! I can't believe this weekend is finally here.

Enjoy the celebration and enjoy your weekend. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 24 2009, 5:04pm

Post #134 of 413 (11398 views)
Shortcut
Don't be so modest [In reply to] Can't Post

Someone has to open the door, otherwise all the fun wouldn't come in.

So a big thank you for making lists, a very important task (and I think you did way more than that).

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 24 2009, 5:04pm

Post #135 of 413 (11353 views)
Shortcut
I know, Inferno... SO many memories [In reply to] Can't Post

*mixes extra special lime Coke for the occasion*

*here's to past friends, current friends and friends that have not yet come to pass*

*hugs* my current friend. SmileHeart

TORn Calendar

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Apr 24 2009, 5:05pm

Post #136 of 413 (11340 views)
Shortcut
cheers RR! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congrats and hurrah for your promotion! Can't WAIT to catch up with you at DCon this year. Cheers m'dear! Smile

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

'You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with TORnsibs and their friends.'

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Apr 24 2009, 5:06pm

Post #137 of 413 (11317 views)
Shortcut
cheers and thank YOU weaver! [In reply to] Can't Post

...for all the hard work you've done in getting this all together. You're a star! Heart

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 24 2009, 5:07pm

Post #138 of 413 (11361 views)
Shortcut
*cough* Really? I hadn't noticed ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

How strange that a website should become such a big part of our lives, in RL as well as in cyberspace. Hurrah for that. Time for a top up with the champagne methinks...

You have that right. If someone would have told any of us 10 years ago what we'd be doing today none of us would have believed it! Laugh

Good luck with your busy, busy weekend, dear!!

*hugs*!Smile

TORn Calendar

Scout
Rivendell

Apr 24 2009, 5:07pm

Post #139 of 413 (11355 views)
Shortcut
Cheers, TORn [In reply to] Can't Post

I have made many friends through these bits and bytes. Thanks and cheers to all!

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 24 2009, 5:08pm

Post #140 of 413 (11409 views)
Shortcut
It sure is! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you have an amazing weekend, too! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 24 2009, 5:08pm

Post #141 of 413 (11353 views)
Shortcut
So modest! [In reply to] Can't Post

Every conspiracy needs a fearless organizer - and you've done an outstanding job!

Many, many thanks! Heart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 24 2009, 5:09pm

Post #142 of 413 (11451 views)
Shortcut
To those who will be dearly missed [In reply to] Can't Post

it is always sad to loose someone. But it is wonderful to see how they are remembered here.

And thanks for the cookies, what is a party without proper cookies.

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 24 2009, 5:09pm

Post #143 of 413 (11290 views)
Shortcut
A mimosa? Of course! [In reply to] Can't Post

A fine way to drink a lil chamagne if I do say so myshelf, hic! BlushCool

Happy, fun weekend Rivendweller and thanks for your work to make it special. Smile

TORn Calendar

Garfeimao
Rohan

Apr 24 2009, 5:11pm

Post #144 of 413 (11415 views)
Shortcut
Hip, Hip Hooray [In reply to] Can't Post

Heck, I'm quite sure I discovered TORn way back in late 1999 or early 2000, so just wow, can't believe it's been that long.

Thank you so much, Cali, Xo, Corvar and Tehanu.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle earth

ringers rock!
Rivendell

Post #145 of 413 (11390 views)
Shortcut
TORn snobs and snubs.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, modesty has never been our strength Cool Thanks Altaira (again!)

Altaira
Superuser

Post #146 of 413 (11290 views)
Shortcut
Hiya, Scout! [In reply to] Can't Post

So glad you stopped by today! How's little Scout doing? Any chance we can wring another piccie or two out of you?

*mixes an extra special gimlet for the occasion*

Cheers, my dear! Smile

TORn Calendar

ringers rock!
Rivendell

Apr 24 2009, 5:13pm

Post #147 of 413 (11433 views)
Shortcut
*choke* oh - uuuh, yeah paper passions are out!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Apr 24 2009, 5:15pm

Post #148 of 413 (11332 views)
Shortcut
so true Altaira - excuse me if I wax lyrical for a moment... [In reply to] Can't Post

...YOUR life has certainly changed thanks to finding these boards... Smile But yeah, people don't get how 'real' this is; through TORn we've seen births, deaths, marriages, house moves, unemployment, promotion, immigration issues(!), adoption, floods, hurricanes, etc. etc. All these and more we have experienced together, holding each other's hands virtually AND in reality. We've made friends, we've travelled and visited, we've attended parties, cons, even weddings, and TORn is no longer 'just' virtual reality. It goes way beyond that. If I were to count up my nearest, dearest friends, and the people on whom I really feel I can rely in this life, many of them would be people I've met here. What greater tribute to these boards could there be than that fact?

Cheers again! Heart

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Apr 24 2009, 5:15pm

Post #149 of 413 (11295 views)
Shortcut
Great to see you Scout! [In reply to] Can't Post

Cheers m'dear! Hope life is treating you well. Heart

Ciars
Rohan

Apr 24 2009, 5:16pm

Post #150 of 413 (11361 views)
Shortcut
Slainte!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yay!! A huge thanks of course to TPTB who made the old and the new boards, I've gathered lots of Tin to mark the occasion with party snacks for all the torn sibs inside them ;), wow, 10 years and still going strong - my 1st post was on the review section for Fellowship and I've been popping in and out of Torn ever since, well done Torn, woo hoo!! ( sips champagne!!)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.