Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome to our Long-expected and Long-deserved Party! It’s TORn’s 10th Anniversary Special Edition of Fiesta Friday!!
First page Previous page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next page Last page  View All

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 27 2009, 4:43pm

Post #401 of 413 (11985 views)
Shortcut
*sips coffee* [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there any cake left? I'm feeling that post-party langour that comes from a job well done. Wonderful weekend!

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual
......Founder's Day Celebration
...........Established 4/26/09

...Corvar, Xoanon, Tehanu, Calisuri.....LARGER IMAGE

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Apr 27 2009, 4:53pm

Post #402 of 413 (11931 views)
Shortcut
I think I'll join you, Silverlode [In reply to] Can't Post

My computer's had so much champagne that the poor thing's dizzy; if the font seems out of focus, that's why.

Life is beautiful and dangerous! Beware! Enjoy!

(This post was edited by Dreamdeer on Apr 27 2009, 5:02pm)

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Apr 27 2009, 4:58pm

Post #403 of 413 (11979 views)
Shortcut
Gardeners with wheelbarrows [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, are those gardeners with wheelbarrows on the horizon? And how come I can't seem to dislodge myself from this lawn-chair?

(This post was edited by Dreamdeer on Apr 27 2009, 5:00pm)

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 27 2009, 7:00pm

Post #404 of 413 (11937 views)
Shortcut
LOL! [In reply to] Can't Post

Are they starting the cleanup already? Tongue

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Apr 27 2009, 8:15pm

Post #405 of 413 (11867 views)
Shortcut
I'm not sure. [In reply to] Can't Post

I suppose that their contract says they're supposed to start clean-up after the weekend, but how can they when not all the barrels have been emptied and some of the feast still lingers on the table? I just saw one come back with arms full of mugs to pass out to the others. Oh, and there's the head butler from Thranduil's house, on loan to help keep the tavern running after our lovely Altaira became too...er...horizontal to continue her duties. This might take awhile.

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Apr 27 2009, 10:56pm

Post #406 of 413 (11938 views)
Shortcut
*mixes up a belated dirty Stoli martini from the never-ending vodka bottle* [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank goodness for the eternal nature of the Fiesta bar!

I missed the party proper, but the bar never closes! I always seem to miss the cool stuff, though: TheOneRing Party, the major moots, Altaira’s Map….Had to go out of town to visit my elderly mom this time. We go twice a year to check on her, make repairs around her house, and try to cheer her up. Impossible, that last bit, but we try. I’m slowly catching up here, though. What a wonderful party! Especial appreciation to our barkeep! Hooray, Altaira!

*tells wheelbarrow hobbit to “go away!” and eats some more cookies*

~~~~~~~~

The TORNsib formerly known as Galadriel.

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Apr 27 2009, 10:58pm

Post #407 of 413 (11918 views)
Shortcut
Were you removing that popcorn texture stuff? [In reply to] Can't Post

UT and I want to do that. I suggested we do it ourselves (I saw a scraper for it at a store), but he thinks it’s beyond our powers. We’re definitely not handymen. What think you?

~~~~~~~~

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 28 2009, 12:24am

Post #408 of 413 (11950 views)
Shortcut
Your weekend [In reply to] Can't Post

was definitely the way to go. I think it's lovely that you give such practical, hands-on help to your mother - I know I could do with a handyman around the house and I'm in my 30s!

*serves up cheese and cracker platter*

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Apr 28 2009, 12:42am

Post #409 of 413 (11941 views)
Shortcut
I'm definitely not the handy one in this marriage. [In reply to] Can't Post

I helped turn a mattress and held up a window blind for UT. That's about all the help I could be. UT is an excellent son-in-law.

And no, he can't come over and fix your stuff. :D

~~~~~~~~

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 30 2009, 8:41pm

Post #410 of 413 (12416 views)
Shortcut
TORn's 10th Anniversary and Founders Day Collection [In reply to] Can't Post

On April 26, 1999, TheOneRing.net (TORn) was born and quickly became the place to go to find news, pictures or discussion about J.R.R. Tolkien or all things film-related as Peter Jackson prepared for and filmed The Lord of the Rings. Created by Xoanon (Michael Regina-Canada); Calisuri (Chris Piortta-U.S.); Erica Challis (Tehanu-NZ); and William Thomas (Corvar-U.S.), TORn is still going strong and is enjoying the anticipation of Jackson's adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit.

TORn's actual 10th Anniversary is on April 26, 2009, but the party spanned from Fiesta Friday on the 24th thru Monday the 27th. On Sunday, April 26th, the festivities turned from an Anniversary Party into the first official Founders Day observance; which will be honoured annually until the last ship sails into the West.

Unbeknownst to our Fearless Leaders and most of the TORn community, the lead-up to the Party was hinted at and teased by some brilliant footer pics created by Magpie that randomly appeared without explanation in message-board posts by some conspirators. A new footer appeared each day starting 9 days out from the official start of the party on April 24th, followed by an announcement of the first official Founders Day on April 26th. The weekend was filled with games, memories, and salutations by notables and long-lost siblings of the TORn family.

The following are the majority of the links to our 10th Anniversary Party and our first Founders Day Celebration. Enjoy :)

TORn's 10th ANNIVERSARY
April 24-26, 2009

TORn's 10th Anniversary pics

Mystery Footer countdown pics by Magpie

Welcome to our Long-expected and Long-deserved Party! It’s TORn’s 10th Anniversary Special Edition of Fiesta Friday!! (9 post/pages long!) by Altaira
** TORn 10th Anniversary - Blasts From The Past ** by Earl
** TORN 10th Anniversary Party - what's your favorite TORN memory? by entmaiden
**Happy TORniversary!** TORn Moots - Past and Present by deej
**TORn 10th Anniversary Feedback Post: So, how did YOU find ToRN?! by Jazmine
** TORn 10th Anniversary Hobbit Walking Party - Going There... Back Again ** by Earl
**TORn 10th Anniversary LotR Unused Scenes Post by grammaboodawg
**TORn 10th Anniversary: The "Things You Never Want to People Say" list (long!) by Stapper
**10th Anniversary Celebration: A retrospective on the Reading Room by Inferno
A toast to those who left us for the Grey Havens... by diedye
*** TORN Tenth Anniversary Post *** : “What have been your favorite discussion series here?” by Rivendweller
*** TORN Tenth Anniversary Post *** : If you had a shot at Middle Earth by Rivendweller
**TORn 10th Anniversary Party Favor : A picturesque look at The Hobbit by grammaboodawg
Blast from the past: "You Know You're Addicted to LOTR when..." by Stapper
a mathom for the 10th TORNIVERSARY by Annael
TORN 10th anniversary post: Thanks, RR by a.s.
Special Edition * PROPS * From the past - a gift. by ordinaryhobbit
***TORn Anniversary Party Thread One **** Movie Magic by Rivendweller
** TORn Birthday Party Post - Let’s celebrate 10 years of Fan Art! by Ginger
**A photo tribute from TORn main by MrCere
I have been thinking about TORn a lot by MrCere

Games and more games
*** TORN Tenth Anniversary Post *** : Let the Games Begin ! (Eye Game) by Rivendweller
**Answers to Anniversary Eye Game ** by Rivendweller
**TORN Tenth Anniversary post: Middle-earth Conspiracy Theories by Ataahua
** TORn 10th Anniversary: Return of the TYKT by Stapper
**TORn 10th Anniversary Game: Scavenger Hunt! by dernwyn
**TORN 10th Anniversary Game ** Character Songs by Elberbeth
** TORN 10th Anniversary Party - Anagram Quiz! by entmaiden
**TORn 10th Anniversary Game - Admin Word Scramble** by Kelvarhin
**TORn 10th Anniversary Puzzle Post: A magical toy from the dwarves! by OhioHobbit
Scenes From The Hat by Alassëa Eruvande
*tsk tsk* TORn's 10th Anniversary celebrated without an EI or TT post? by diedye

The 10th Anniversary Party becomes TORn's first FOUNDERS DAY Celebration
Thank you one and all!!! from Tehanu
I would like to tell you from Corvar
*** Don't thank us! Thank YOU!!! from Calisuri
First Days of TORN from Xoanon
Xoanon and I met through Aint It Cool News from Tehanu
10 YEARS! from Xoanon
and there's a story there . . . many stories in fact by Anneal
My Personal Fav Top 10 TORN Moments by Xoanon
TORn Birthday Party Post - In honor of our Founders and TORn by Ginger
** A Founder's and TORnsib Friendship Thread by silneldor

Salutations from TORn Friends and Family
**TORn 10th Anniversary Tributes to our Founders from VIP FRIENDS OF TORn!!** Note--> VIP Posts have hearts next to them :-)
Message from Guillermo del Toro
Message from Royd Tolkien
Message for Rosie Cotton AKA Sarah McLeod
Message from Doug Jones
Message from Kristin Thompson
Congrats, and Many Thanks from Greg Wright of Hollywood Jesus
Love to all and thanks! from Colleen Doran
Message from Daniel Reeve
Hugs from Daniel Reeve
Message from Anne Petty
Happy Birthday from all your friends at Weta!
Sohaibs Anniversary Message sent out on the Internet Airwaves to tORN of Fantasy Frontiers
The Road goes on and ever on...and Fictional Frontiers is truly thankful... from Sohaib Awan
Happy anniversary, congratulations, thanks, and much love! from Lynnette Porter
Happy Birthday! from Specter of NarniaFans.com
Message from Amy Sturgis
Message from Douglas A. Anderson
Comment from John Noble at Newport Beach Film Festival
Hasty Greetings & a big tree-hug of LOVE from Quickbeam
Message from Doug Adams
Message from Michael Drout
Birthday Greetings from Ian Brodie
Alas, I could not find a link to Howard Shore's message... but he sent it via Altaira's Fiesta Post found here: Welcome all, to Fiesta Friday!

Thank you card to our Friends
10th Anniversary Thank You Cards to VIP's
Celebration Friends and Visitors

10th Anniversary/Founders Day Homepage Articles
TORn 10th Anniversary Bash! by Altaira – Announcement of party
A photo tribute to 10 years of TORn by MrCere
Happy Birthday, TORn! by Altaira
Weta and GDT send Anniversary Wishes by Altaira
A Very Special Tribute to the Founders of TORn from Altaira-‘Valaquenta of TORn’ by Alassea Eruvande,
A Special Offering from Peter S. Beagle in honor of TORn’s 10th Anniversary by Altaira
Has it Been That Long?! by Altaira for TORn's 8th Anniversary

New creations
The TORN Dictionary is live! by Silverlode
Founders Day inspired and organized by weaver:
** Well. a few of us are working on a TORn Thanksgiving/Founders Day tradition... weaver Nov. 8, 2008
** A Salute to the 10th Anniversary Team! by weaver

Offers for special mementos
** Just a few more hours to take advantage of the Special Offering from Peter S. Beagle in honor of TORn's 10th Anniversary! ** Another Exclusive Anniversary Offering - this time from Weta

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."
~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

_V_
Lorien

Sep 1 2009, 2:42pm

Post #411 of 413 (11920 views)
Shortcut
I was here but [In reply to] Can't Post

I wasn't able to make any long posts; it was the middle of finals testing

ReVolution of Evangelion

"Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game"

Formerly known on TORN as "Draug the Unspeakably Violent"

_V_
Lorien

Sep 1 2009, 3:02pm

Post #412 of 413 (11943 views)
Shortcut
I think I've been on most of this time, since before Movie #1 [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't remember exactly how long I've been using TORN, but I was here well before Fellowship of the Ring came out, when we were all hunting online for news reports

particularly since the new boards changed I don't know when I registered, but even then, I was reading the news feed on a daily basis for months before I joined the messageboard

at first I wasn't sure which LOTR fansite to go to (there were dozens in the initial explosion, well now too, but then none had the semi-legitimacy TORN has now that the production team gives news here) ......but I've been here since at least 2000, and I remember that happy excited feeling of looking through the spy set reports for how locations in FOTR would look, then debating (endlessly) how accurate it was to the books (in some cases, its like the images were taken out of my head when I was reading it)

ReVolution of Evangelion

"Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game"

Formerly known on TORN as "Draug the Unspeakably Violent"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 25 2013, 4:25pm

Post #413 of 413 (14049 views)
Shortcut
**TORn's 10th Anniversary and Founders Day Collection** [In reply to] Can't Post

On April 26, 1999, TheOneRing.net (TORn) was born and quickly became the place to go to find news, pictures or discussion about J.R.R. Tolkien or all things film-related as Peter Jackson prepared for and filmed The Lord of the Rings. Created by Xoanon (Michael Regina-Canada); Calisuri (Chris Piortta-U.S.); Erica Challis (Tehanu-NZ); and William Thomas (Corvar-U.S.), TORn is still going strong and is enjoying the anticipation of Jackson's adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit.

TORn's actual 10th Anniversary is on April 26, 2009, but the party spanned from Fiesta Friday on the 24th thru Monday the 27th. On Sunday, April 26th, the festivities turned from an Anniversary Party into the first official Founders Day observance; which will be honoured annually until the last ship sails into the West.

Unbeknownst to our Fearless Leaders and most of the TORn community, the lead-up to the Party was hinted at and teased by some brilliant footer pics created by Magpie that randomly appeared without explanation in message-board posts by some conspirators. A new footer appeared each day starting 9 days out from the official start of the party on April 24th, followed by an announcement of the first official Founders Day on April 26th. The weekend was filled with games, memories, and salutations by notables and long-lost siblings of the TORn family.

The following are the majority of the links to our 10th Anniversary Party and our first Founders Day Celebration. Enjoy :)

TORn's 10th ANNIVERSARY
April 24-26, 2009

TORn's 10th Anniversary pics

Mystery Footer countdown pics by Magpie

Welcome to our Long-expected and Long-deserved Party! It’s TORn’s 10th Anniversary Special Edition of Fiesta Friday!! (9 post/pages long!) by Altaira
** TORn 10th Anniversary - Blasts From The Past ** by Earl
** TORN 10th Anniversary Party - what's your favorite TORN memory? by entmaiden
**Happy TORniversary!** TORn Moots - Past and Present by deej
**TORn 10th Anniversary Feedback Post: So, how did YOU find ToRN?! by Jazmine
** TORn 10th Anniversary Hobbit Walking Party - Going There... Back Again ** by Earl
**TORn 10th Anniversary LotR Unused Scenes Post by grammaboodawg
**TORn 10th Anniversary: The "Things You Never Want to People Say" list (long!) by Stapper
**10th Anniversary Celebration: A retrospective on the Reading Room by Inferno
A toast to those who left us for the Grey Havens... by diedye
*** TORN Tenth Anniversary Post *** : “What have been your favorite discussion series here?” by Rivendweller
*** TORN Tenth Anniversary Post *** : If you had a shot at Middle Earth by Rivendweller
**TORn 10th Anniversary Party Favor : A picturesque look at The Hobbit by grammaboodawg
Blast from the past: "You Know You're Addicted to LOTR when..." by Stapper
a mathom for the 10th TORNIVERSARY by Annael
TORN 10th anniversary post: Thanks, RR by a.s.
Special Edition * PROPS * From the past - a gift. by ordinaryhobbit
***TORn Anniversary Party Thread One **** Movie Magic by Rivendweller
** TORn Birthday Party Post - Let’s celebrate 10 years of Fan Art! by Ginger
**A photo tribute from TORn main by MrCere
I have been thinking about TORn a lot by MrCere

Games and more games
*** TORN Tenth Anniversary Post *** : Let the Games Begin ! (Eye Game) by Rivendweller
**Answers to Anniversary Eye Game ** by Rivendweller
**TORN Tenth Anniversary post: Middle-earth Conspiracy Theories by Ataahua
** TORn 10th Anniversary: Return of the TYKT by Stapper
**TORn 10th Anniversary Game: Scavenger Hunt! by dernwyn
**TORN 10th Anniversary Game ** Character Songs by Elberbeth
** TORN 10th Anniversary Party - Anagram Quiz! by entmaiden
**TORn 10th Anniversary Game - Admin Word Scramble** by Kelvarhin
**TORn 10th Anniversary Puzzle Post: A magical toy from the dwarves! by OhioHobbit
Scenes From The Hat by Alassëa Eruvande
*tsk tsk* TORn's 10th Anniversary celebrated without an EI or TT post? by diedye

The 10th Anniversary Party becomes TORn's first FOUNDERS DAY Celebration
Thank you one and all!!! from Tehanu
I would like to tell you from Corvar
*** Don't thank us! Thank YOU!!! from Calisuri
First Days of TORN from Xoanon
Xoanon and I met through Aint It Cool News from Tehanu
10 YEARS! from Xoanon
and there's a story there . . . many stories in fact by Anneal
My Personal Fav Top 10 TORN Moments by Xoanon
TORn Birthday Party Post - In honor of our Founders and TORn by Ginger
** A Founder's and TORnsib Friendship Thread by silneldor

Salutations from TORn Friends and Family
**TORn 10th Anniversary Tributes to our Founders from VIP FRIENDS OF TORn!!** Note--> VIP Posts have hearts next to them :-)
Message from Guillermo del Toro
Message from Royd Tolkien
Message for Rosie Cotton AKA Sarah McLeod
Message from Doug Jones
Message from Kristin Thompson
Congrats, and Many Thanks from Greg Wright of Hollywood Jesus
Love to all and thanks! from Colleen Doran
Message from Daniel Reeve
Hugs from Daniel Reeve
Message from Anne Petty
Happy Birthday from all your friends at Weta!
Sohaibs Anniversary Message sent out on the Internet Airwaves to tORN of Fantasy Frontiers (no link to email)
The Road goes on and ever on...and Fictional Frontiers is truly thankful... from Sohaib Awan
Happy anniversary, congratulations, thanks, and much love! from Lynnette Porter
Happy Birthday! from Specter of NarniaFans.com
Message from Amy Sturgis
Message from Douglas A. Anderson
Comment from John Noble at Newport Beach Film Festival
Hasty Greetings & a big tree-hug of LOVE from Quickbeam
Message from Doug Adams
Message from Michael Drout
Birthday Greetings from Ian Brodie
Alas, I could not find a link to Howard Shore's message... but he sent it via Altaira's Fiesta Post found here: Welcome all, to Fiesta Friday!

Thank you card to our Friends
10th Anniversary Thank You Cards to VIP's
Celebration Friends and Visitors

10th Anniversary/Founders Day Homepage Articles
TORn 10th Anniversary Bash! by Altaira – Announcement of party
A photo tribute to 10 years of TORn by MrCere
Happy Birthday, TORn! by Altaira
Weta and GDT send Anniversary Wishes by Altaira
A Very Special Tribute to the Founders of TORn from Altaira-‘Valaquenta of TORn’ by Alassea Eruvande,
A Special Offering from Peter S. Beagle in honor of TORn’s 10th Anniversary by Altaira
Has it Been That Long?! by Altaira for TORn's 8th Anniversary

New creations
The TORN Dictionary is live! by Silverlode
Founders Day inspired and organized by weaver:
** Well. a few of us are working on a TORn Thanksgiving/Founders Day tradition... weaver Nov. 8, 2008
** A Salute to the 10th Anniversary Team! by weaver

Offers for special mementos
** Just a few more hours to take advantage of the Special Offering from Peter S. Beagle in honor of TORn's 10th Anniversary! ** Another Exclusive Anniversary Offering - this time from Weta

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."
~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists a>

First page Previous page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.