Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome to our Long-expected and Long-deserved Party! It’s TORn’s 10th Anniversary Special Edition of Fiesta Friday!!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 Next page Last page  View All

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 24 2009, 4:03pm

Post #1 of 413 (16588 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to our Long-expected and Long-deserved Party! It’s TORn’s 10th Anniversary Special Edition of Fiesta Friday!! Can't Post

Then Friday, April 24, actually dawned. The sun got up, the clouds vanished, flags were unfurled and the fun began!

-- The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien ( sort of)

_________Heart__________

Well, the day of the big party weekend has finally arrived - a weekend full of activities to celebrate TheOneRing.net and to honor and thank those who founded it: Xoanon, Calisuri, Tehanu and Corvar. Hip, hip, hooray!

*throws confetti, then madly tries to strain it out of everyone’s champagne*

What a fun weekend we have planned for everyone! From now until Sunday every board will have something going on; even the Welcome Board (where Silverlode just posted the TORn Dictionary) to the Arena, to both Movie Boards and even to Feedback! (well, kind of, sort of, especially to Feedback where you’ll be sure to want to check as the weekend progresses as some, *cough* “Various Interesting Professionals” *cough* may show up).

So, without further delay, let’s get this party started!!!

*kicks Juke box* “Celebrate Good Times” by Cool & the Gang filters into the room

Have fun, TORnsibs and TORNadoes!

Celebrate Good Times – Cool & the Gang

Yahoo! This is your celebration

Yahoo! This is your celebration

Celebrate good times,come on! (Let's celebrate)

Celebrate good times, come on! (Let's celebrate)

There's a party goin' on right here

A celebration to last throughout the years

So bring your good times, and your laughter too

We’re gonna celebrate your party with you

Come on now

It's time to come together

It's up to you, what's your pleasure

Everyone around the world

Come on!

Yahoo! It's a celebration

Yahoo!

Heart

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Milady
Rivendell

Apr 24 2009, 4:04pm

Post #2 of 413 (14970 views)
Shortcut
Sounds exciting! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm somewhat overwhelmed by how relatively new I still am to the boards...

THE ANGELS HAVE THE PHONE BOX

(don't blink)

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 24 2009, 4:09pm

Post #3 of 413 (14834 views)
Shortcut
You *will* be assimilated [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink
Seriously, I'm sure you'll get settled in nicely. Smile

A belated welcome, Milady, and wishes for a happy weekend!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Asclepias
Rivendell

Apr 24 2009, 4:09pm

Post #4 of 413 (14996 views)
Shortcut
Orange juice with lots of pulp, please [In reply to] Can't Post

I am here early today because I actually remembered Fiesta and it is my one day off all week! Of course, I would have to be sick for it. Could you also send some female lesser prairie chickens along? We haven't collared enough of them yet, and nesting season is starting.

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 24 2009, 4:10pm

Post #5 of 413 (14975 views)
Shortcut
Woo hoo [In reply to] Can't Post

...which I like much better than 'Yahoo' these days. ;^)

I'd prefer a good, spicy ginger beer over champagne every day.

Here's to TORn. I don't get to be called a second ager because I was only a obsessive home page reader in that time. But I finally found the forums.

Cheers to the founding four and cheers to us all!

Refresh/Reload your browser to see the new footer image.

2009 Tolkien Computer Monitor Calendars
LOTR soundtrack website : CD Editions & Similarities Updates March 08
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Apr 24 2009, 4:10pm

Post #6 of 413 (14822 views)
Shortcut
Woohoo Happy 10th Anniversary TORn!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's to even more CoolCool

Yeah our sibs would do well to check out Feedback this weekend, you never know what might pop up Wink

Wouldn't mind one of those champagnes now thank ya barkeep Cool

Thanks to our Famous Four HeartHeartHeartHeart

*big party hug*

Kel x

Kelvarhin's Universe~~~~~~~Laerasea's Travelling TORn Journal
One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

(This post was edited by Kelvarhin on Apr 24 2009, 4:12pm)

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Apr 24 2009, 4:11pm

Post #7 of 413 (14844 views)
Shortcut
*toasts* To TORn! [In reply to] Can't Post

I cannot even begin to tell everyone how TORn, and the folk here, have helped shaped the last 5 years of my life. I am so honored to be a part of this website for the better part of my teenage years.

I have quite a bit of work to do this weekend, but I'll be popping in every now and then to enjoy the festivities!

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Post #8 of 413 (14868 views)
Shortcut
To the founders of the boards! [In reply to] Can't Post

A big cheer and lots of champagne.

Thanks to all you guys (and of course those few ladies over here also Wink) for making this a place of special magnificence and wonder. I love being here and can't wait what the future might bring.

Let's start the party, I can't wait.

*blows a confetti out of her mouth* CHEERS to all!

Altaira
Superuser

Post #9 of 413 (14817 views)
Shortcut
I hope you feel better Asclepias [In reply to] Can't Post

At first, I thought you wanted the chickens to make chicken soup for your cold, lol! ShockedLaugh

Wishing you lots of vitamin C and as many chickens as your heart desires. Smile

TORn Calendar

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 24 2009, 4:12pm

Post #10 of 413 (14828 views)
Shortcut
*Cheers wildly* :D [In reply to] Can't Post

"Huzzah!" :D

Huge thank-you's and congrats are in order to Xoanon, Calisuri, Tehanu, and Corvar-- congratulations on TORn's success, and a very appreciative thank-you for creating it in the first place! :)

I'll take an extra-large Spring Usual, please, Altaira in celebration... thanks; and here's to many, many, many more TORn years to come!! :D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

(This post was edited by Eventides on Apr 24 2009, 4:21pm)

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Post #11 of 413 (14768 views)
Shortcut
*tosses confetti* [In reply to] Can't Post

WooHoo! Happy Birthday TORn!!

I've only been here for half the fun (5 years last March), but I sure am glad you're here!

Sadly, I can't be glued to my computer *all* weekend, as I have to go shopping for something to wear to my little sister's Bridal Shower. It's in two weeks and she's getting married in six weeks! I can't believe it's coming so soon!

*grabs some champagne and a glass* Here's to TORn! Happy Anniversary and Happy Weekend to everyone!

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive
The Screencap of the Day Schedule for April

deej
Tol Eressea

Post #12 of 413 (14882 views)
Shortcut
Let's party! [In reply to] Can't Post

Has it really been 10 years? Wow...

I'm glad that I got to pop in to join in the festivities, and wish you all a wonderful weekend. Be on the lookout for my trip down Memory Lane over in Moots shortly!

Cheers, my friends - and cheers to the folks that gave us TOR.n.

"...and back again."

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 24 2009, 4:13pm

Post #13 of 413 (14888 views)
Shortcut
Thank-you for the wonderful footers, Magpie! [In reply to] Can't Post

They totally rock and so do you! SmileHeart

I'm a First Ager, barely. Still, there are many folks here who've been here a year or two longer than I. A testament to the staying power of TORn. Smile

Happy weekend!

TORn Calendar

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Apr 24 2009, 4:13pm

Post #14 of 413 (14824 views)
Shortcut
Woo hoo! *Raises a celebratory glass* [In reply to] Can't Post

To the Founders! May the hair on their toes never fall out!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 24 2009, 4:15pm

Post #15 of 413 (14761 views)
Shortcut
*pops MANY corks and pours for Kel* [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for all your hard work too, dear, and to all the party workers and planners who are yet to be revealed as the weekend unfolds.

*clink*

Enjoy!! Laugh

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 24 2009, 4:16pm

Post #16 of 413 (14758 views)
Shortcut
*toasts with Ainu* [In reply to] Can't Post

Yep, it's a pretty amazing place alright. Luckily, things are timed so they'll happen throughout the weekend. And, of course, the nice thing about message boards is you can peruse them whenever you like. Smile

Have a good and productive weekend!

TORn Calendar

Annael
Immortal

Apr 24 2009, 4:17pm

Post #17 of 413 (14800 views)
Shortcut
A proper 1420 seems the proper drink for today [In reply to] Can't Post

Keep 'em coming, barkeep!

To change how we see things takes falling in love. Then the same becomes altogther different. Like love, a shift of sight can be redemptive. - James Hillman
NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 24 2009, 4:17pm

Post #18 of 413 (14819 views)
Shortcut
Oops... forgot to change my formal hat for my party one [In reply to] Can't Post

2009 Tolkien Computer Monitor Calendars
LOTR soundtrack website : CD Editions & Similarities Updates March 08
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 24 2009, 4:18pm

Post #19 of 413 (14733 views)
Shortcut
To the Founders, Rosie-w-ribbons! [In reply to] Can't Post

*clink*

Uh, oh, I'd better pace myself. Oh, what the heck - grabs another glass of bubbly.

Happy weekend, and enjoy! Laugh

TORn Calendar

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Post #20 of 413 (14732 views)
Shortcut
LOL love it :-D // [In reply to] Can't Post

Kelvarhin's Universe~~~~~~~Laerasea's Travelling TORn Journal
One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

diedye
Grey Havens

Post #21 of 413 (15243 views)
Shortcut
A toast to those who left us for the Grey Havens... [In reply to] Can't Post

... (Widfara, Reverend and Balin, come to mind)... and one for those who are still around to see the coming of a new age (or a new Hobbit, as the case may be).

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, TORnsibs, TORnadoes, Tolkien geeks, whatever you choose to call yourselves! May the next ten years be as flaming eventful as the past decade. Sly

What is it that one gets for a 10th year anniversary? Tin, isn't it? Well, besides having a tin ear, I thought I'd do the honors and pass out the tins of chocolate chip cookies... here ya go...

Blessed are the cracked,
For they are the ones who let in the light!

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 24 2009, 4:19pm

Post #22 of 413 (14742 views)
Shortcut
ROFL, Magpie! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's the cutest avatar ever! Laugh

TORn Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Post #23 of 413 (14760 views)
Shortcut
*raises glass* Three Cheers for TORn and its illustrious Founders! [In reply to] Can't Post

*picks a bit of confetti out of champagne* Ten years - one decade, if I may be so bold - let's celebrate!

Here's to the Professor, to PJ and his vision, to the Four Founders and their vision, and to TORn - and to us all! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

RosieLass
Valinor

Post #24 of 413 (14714 views)
Shortcut
Yahoo! Happy anniversary, everybody! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was trying to work from home this morning, and it wasn't happening, so I'm giving up and going into the office anyway.

But I had to stop in to the party first!!!

I'll have a celebratory non-alcoholic, high-caffeinated...something. Whatever you've got! I've been staying up playing LOTRO again, and I'm so tie-tie! (honk shu!)

And I'll check back in when I get to work later.

"Rabbit's clever," said Pooh thoughtfully.
"Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit's clever."
"And he has Brains."
"Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit has Brains."
There was a long silence.
"I suppose," said Pooh, "that that's why he never understands anything."

- A. A. Milne

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Post #25 of 413 (14747 views)
Shortcut
Wheee! [In reply to] Can't Post

All right -- I returned from the Brown Lands of the deadline just in time. Happy Anniversary, one and all!

I first found my way here in early 2002, after FotR came out, and lurked for an entire year. That's seven years, then, to go along with the seven stones and the seven stars and the one white tree I now wear as a tattoo, in honor of LotR and TORn.

What a treat it was to meet Tehanu herself last spring in Middle, er, New Zealand, and to thank her personally for TORn. And what a treat it was to meet you, Altaira, and several other highly esteemed TORnsibs last summer, and ditto.

I'll just sip the champagne right now, thank you -- I'm still putting the finishing touches on the manuscript. But I'll be in and out over the weekend, never fear!

SmileSmile HeartHeartHeart TORn HeartHeartHeart SmileSmile

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.