The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Dragon vs. Fellbeast

Dagonet
Lorien

Apr 24 2009, 2:34am

Post #1 of 11 (6806 views)
Shortcut
Dragon vs. Fellbeast Can't Post

No magic, no Riders or Nazgul. In Middle Earth, who would win? Muscle against muscle, teeth against teeth, and determination against determination, who would turn out victor?

No matter how much I like the Fellbeasts I have to side with Dragons.

"You wonder what his name is, where he came from. And if he really was evil at heart. What lies or threats led him on this long march from home. And if he would rather have stayed there... in peace."

Faramir in The Two Towers

Olorin_uvm

Apr 24 2009, 3:14am

Post #2 of 11 (3175 views)
Shortcut
Dragon vs. Fellbeast [In reply to] Can't Post

No oversized pterosaur can beat a dragon!Smile

Despite what they do in the movies I think the Fellbeasts were mostly transportation. Besides the Fellbeasts were created by Sauron, and the Dragons were created by Morgoth.

Padster
Bree

Apr 24 2009, 12:41pm

Post #3 of 11 (3032 views)
Shortcut
Dragon, easy! [In reply to] Can't Post

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Apr 25 2009, 5:43am

Post #4 of 11 (3012 views)
Shortcut
No question. [In reply to] Can't Post

The dragon gets it. The fell beasts are little more than transportation animals. You ever hear of a Nazgul riding a dragon? The dragon won't put up with it. It says volumes that a fell beast will.

Life is beautiful and dangerous! Beware! Enjoy!

SmeagoloftheStoors
Lorien

May 1 2009, 3:03am

Post #5 of 11 (3068 views)
Shortcut
Dragons [In reply to] Can't Post

have fire, intelligence, and size. I think this is an obvious.

I don't know why she loves me, but she says she does.
Photobucket

LEGIONTX
Rivendell

May 2 2009, 5:28pm

Post #6 of 11 (3029 views)
Shortcut
dragon [In reply to] Can't Post

No brainer imo; the dragon just roasts the fell beasts.

Marching Towards the Abyss...........

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

May 5 2009, 12:40am

Post #7 of 11 (3025 views)
Shortcut
Dragon, soitenly. [In reply to] Can't Post

I think the consensus on the Hobbit board was that dragons should have two wings and four legs, whereas fell beasts have only two wings and two legs. While both monsters hold themselves aloft with their wings and strike with two claws, the dragon’s second set of arms could be used to slap the fell beast silly, like something out of a Three Stooges movie.

Nyuk nyuk nyuk.

~~~~~~~~

The TORNsib formerly known as Galadriel.

Jowceph
The Shire

May 5 2009, 4:09pm

Post #8 of 11 (3110 views)
Shortcut
Who knows. [In reply to] Can't Post

Dragons would be the most likely victor because seeing as they breath fire and have two more limbs they would come in handy. also seeing that dragon scales are as touch as mithril fell beasts have bigger talons that dragons. Now i come to think of it they probably don't and actually the fell beast would seem pretty pathetic compared to a dragon so it looks like fell beast BBQ tonight in HobbitonSmile

"Cold be heart and hand and bone cold be travellers far from home. They do not see what lies ahead when sun has failed and moon is dead!"Smile

Dreamdeer
Valinor

May 5 2009, 5:00pm

Post #9 of 11 (3011 views)
Shortcut
Do fell beasts taste like chicken? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Life is beautiful and dangerous! Beware! Enjoy!

Beetle
The Shire

Jun 17 2009, 7:43pm

Post #10 of 11 (6601 views)
Shortcut
I'd say dragon [In reply to] Can't Post

Because they're big and firey and teeth and made of awesome. Fell beasts are just teeth and made of awesome.

/really scientific explanation there

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jul 2 2013, 6:44pm

Post #11 of 11 (2114 views)
Shortcut
dragon [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.