Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
I have been thinking about TORn a lot

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Apr 22 2009, 8:22pm

Post #1 of 11 (560 views)
Shortcut
I have been thinking about TORn a lot Can't Post

Many of you with amazing-cool footers and the celebration of "10" have forced me to think and blog about TORn.

I hope it is okay to share the link

I have no choice but to believe in free will.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

(This post was edited by MrCere on Apr 22 2009, 8:23pm)

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Apr 22 2009, 9:03pm

Post #2 of 11 (336 views)
Shortcut
more than okay [In reply to] Can't Post

I finally clicked your footer today and was lost in the world of a gifted writer for hours.

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Apr 22 2009, 9:53pm

Post #3 of 11 (311 views)
Shortcut
Wow, that is quite amazing! [In reply to] Can't Post

In a way I feel bad for Elijah, that what you said came true and he's no longer able to walk around so casually. But it must be gratifying to see that you were right about the success of the films!

Ten years goes by very quickly, doesn't it? I've been at the same company for ten years myself. It's kind of hard to believe.

Blogging about TORn is always OK as far as I'm concerned. Smile

"I have not much hope that Gollum can be cured before he dies, but there is a chance of it."

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Apr 23 2009, 12:36am

Post #4 of 11 (311 views)
Shortcut
This is wonderful, MrCere [In reply to] Can't Post

Part of me regrets for being born when I was- I missed out on the development and the adventure of the development on these films. Reading about it from someone who was able to is a real treat for me.

And the Comic Con, well, I cannot express how awesome the comic con is. I cannot imagine how it was when Sideshow and WETA were just small booths of little reputation.

I look forward to part 2- don't forget to post it here, please :). Or, if you are not planning to, if you can I'd appreciate some sort of notification or something- I'm really interested in reading more.

Cheers.

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

deej
Tol Eressea

Apr 23 2009, 2:22pm

Post #5 of 11 (275 views)
Shortcut
Thank you for sharing that [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure you have told me at some point how you discovered TOR.n, but I loved reading about it anyhow. Looking forward to the second installment!

"...and back again."

Garfeimao
Rohan

Apr 24 2009, 4:02pm

Post #6 of 11 (256 views)
Shortcut
Wow, similar story to my own [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I discovered TORn pretty much the same way and same time you did, and went to that 2000 Comic con with curiosity for the film project, rather than a fandom for it. Daniel Falconer discovered Bill's booth on accident, because we were selling the ALA Frodo poster, and invited us over to the Sideshow/WETA booth, which was just a little End Cap booth down near the 900s or so (It was just around the corner from MGM, which had a Stargate). Chatted with Daniel regarding the statues on display, pre-ordered the Legolas, which didn't arrive for nearly a year, and briefly met Richard, Tanya and Quickbeam after the TORn panel, where Tanya gave me the WETA Red Eye of Sauron pin. And like you, I had no idea what adventure that little encounter would lead me on.

Ooh, and just a little nitpick, the Cave Troll display was from 2001 when Sideshow/WETA had a 4 square booth and invited TORn to have a table in it.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle earth

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Apr 24 2009, 5:04pm

Post #7 of 11 (253 views)
Shortcut
Actually . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought I had my dates wrong and knowing the troll didn't come until later makes me sure of it.

I will be revising. I suppose all the years have already blended together. Yikes!

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

Garfeimao
Rohan

Apr 24 2009, 5:07pm

Post #8 of 11 (264 views)
Shortcut
totally [In reply to] Can't Post

What year did we have a 'confessional booth'? What year did we have a riot for people getting into the TORN panel? (ok, that one is easy). What year did WETA dress up Heath as an Orc, and when did they put Lawrence in make up? And what year did New Line bring all those beautiful costumes?

Yipes, to many things to remember, and its all going to start over again.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle earth

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Apr 24 2009, 5:44pm

Post #9 of 11 (253 views)
Shortcut
We wants part two, preciousss..... [In reply to] Can't Post

I always enjoy your blogs, MrC. Now I want to read on... Smile How different life can be in ten years... Ten years ago, I was living in Scotland and didn't have my masters yet. I had a vague idea about moving to America, and maybe doing some stage direction... I had a Star Wars collection which overflowed from my flat. I had read the first few HP books and collected a couple of things. I loved LotR but had no idea what was coming down the line... Laugh Now there's barely room for me in my flat...

I wonder where life will take us all in the next ten years? Thanks for sharing MrC - you are, as ever, a star.

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

'You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with TORnsibs and their friends.'

ringers rock!
Rivendell

Apr 24 2009, 5:57pm

Post #10 of 11 (272 views)
Shortcut
Wow [In reply to] Can't Post

I felt like I was there and couldn't stop grinning thinking of you and Shannon as "nonfans." So was it constant conventions after that first time? Or was it touch and go for awhile?

It's strange that Elijah could walk around even then. He was never a no one to me (< is that like nails on a chalkboard to you?) It's less of a scandal to admit now, but I've been a fan since radio flyer. I like to think of him as the poster boy for my generation... rising like the flames of my heart..... No bias, of course.

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Apr 25 2009, 10:58pm

Post #11 of 11 (307 views)
Shortcut
I think you should tell Wood [In reply to] Can't Post

A poster boy and the flames of your heart. He will love it.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.